Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhdhd View Post

Indeed. I am pretty sure the announcement asks guests to turn off their cell phones and be quiet so everyone can hear and pay attention to the crew's instructions.
Negativity always readers it's head I see. If you've ever been to a muster drill, you would know that most of the time is spent waiting on others to arrive. Therefore, there are no instructions being said, just standing. O well, I had a great time on my second cruise this year

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (6/2014 BLT/AKV) (11/2014 5 night Wonder*Miami*) (1/2015 AKV/BLT)

Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #17
hrhdhd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Negativity always readers it's head I see. If you've ever been to a muster drill, you would know that most of the time is spent waiting on others to arrive. Therefore, there are no instructions being said, just standing. O well, I had a great time on my second cruise this year
As you can see from my signature, I have taken many cruises. I have reported, on time, to each required muster drill at the appointed time. I have never used my cell phone during a muster drill.

I was merely making the point for future cruisers that cell phone use is not allowed during the muster drill. Do people use their phones during the drill? Of course. Does that make it right? No.

I don't think that's being negative; it's stating the facts.

I am glad you had a good time on your cruise.

Cruise Booked:
Princess Ruby 11/14 Western Caribbean

Cruises Taken:
HAL Zuiderdam 08/05 Western Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 12/05 Eastern Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 12/06 Western Caribbean, Princess Dawn 05/07 Alaska, HAL Westerdam 12/07 Eastern Caribbean, Princess Island 12/08 Panama Canal, HAL Ryndam 11/09 Western Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 01/10 Southern Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 12/10 Southern Caribbean, Disney Magic 05/11 Transatlantic, Princess Emerald 12/11 Southern Caribbean, Azamara Quest 10/12 Sicily / Malta, Princess Emerald 11/12 Eastern Caribbean, HAL Eurodam 03/13 Eastern Caribbean, Azamara Quest 08/13 Northern Europe, HAL Eurodam 11/13 Western Caribbean
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm glad you had a great cruise! I remember back in the days when we had to wear the life jackets. The pics I have of my kids sitting at a table in Animators Palette cracks me up! "The California face lift". Where you can't turn your head without your whole body turning with it! Disclaimer: Those pics were taking while waiting.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 05-10-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Just ignore them! I have no idea why people have to try and ruin somebody's magical moment with comments like these!?!
Glad you had a fan time, and I'm sure you didn't disturb anybody will leaving your message lol

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #21
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhdhd View Post

As you can see from my signature, I have taken many cruises. I have reported, on time, to each required muster drill at the appointed time. I have never used my cell phone during a muster drill.
Good for you.

(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (6/2014 BLT/AKV) (11/2014 5 night Wonder*Miami*) (1/2015 AKV/BLT)

Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #22
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good for you.

Oh, I'm so interested in hearing about your next cruise...PM me on how you liked it. I've been looking at that line.

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #23
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerpeas hubby View Post
Just ignore them! I have no idea why people have to try and ruin somebody's magical moment with comments like these!?!
Glad you had a fan time, and I'm sure you didn't disturb anybody will leaving your message lol

Here here!! I think it may be a case of jealousy's a curse..... hahaha

Good on you Epcotatnight. Hope you had a fab time and trust me if I was waiting on someone at muster drill I too would take the opportunity to brag about my whereabouts

Some thoughts should just remain that....thoughts. We don't need to share them all & try to taint someone's fun
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #24
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...g&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=oNxOEyXlWe0

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 05-11-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

I'm glad you had a great cruise! I remember back in the days when we had to wear the life jackets. The pics I have of my kids sitting at a table in Animators Palette cracks me up! "The California face lift". Where you can't turn your head without your whole body turning with it! Disclaimer: Those pics were taking while waiting.
On our first DCL cruise in 2010, we had to report to the theater in our bests. My son was 6 and looked like the vest was swallowing him whole!!! LOL!!! S glad you don't have to wear them to drill anymore...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #26
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The last time i went to a Muster drill the CM's were trying very hard to be heard over everyone talking and getting quite annoyed that a lot of people were not taking notice. These will be the people that then complain if something did happen and 'they didn't know what to do' !
Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #27
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
The last time i went to a Muster drill the CM's were trying very hard to be heard over everyone talking and getting quite annoyed that a lot of people were not taking notice. These will be the people that then complain if something did happen and 'they didn't know what to do' !
Complain, and worse, hinder the rest of us who were paying attention from getting to safety.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #28
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerpeas hubby View Post

I have noticed the DIS cruise line board is well equipped with 'enforcement'. If a poster dares to admit they don't strictly observe EVERY DCL rule., they will be lectured on the error of their ways.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #29
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

After the Concordia sinking and 32 deaths, the other cruise vessel issues the last few years I still find it amazing some people don't understand just how important the Muster drill is.

Talking and cells calls and texting does indeed disturb other passengers trying to listen and yes...that does endanger them form getting the information. The passenger talking and calling and texting by not getting all the information, including updates,etc, are indeed endangering others.

You endangering others, ends your rights to not pay attention.

Most of us in the Maritime industry believe they IMO/ USCG a mistake by not requiring everyone to wear life vests to the drills and the talk is they are considering requiring them as its been shown many passengers do not even look to find them!

In a real emergency, fire, power gone, on emergency power, the vessel possibly rolling and picking, dark passage ways, stair wells, crowds of people, that is not the time to have to wonder what you were supposed to do, where your life preserver is and how to get it on yourself and your kids and where you were supposed to go!

Think about this folks, its not a joke, nor is it a impossibility!

So yes, that talking, late arrival, call or text could indeed endanger others and yourself and your family!

AKK
Old 05-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I have noticed the DIS cruise line board is well equipped with 'enforcement'. If a poster dares to admit they don't strictly observe EVERY DCL rule., they will be lectured on the error of their ways.
When it comes to emergency proceedgers, they Dam well should be lectured to!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: