Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #1471
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protaras76 View Post

According to their website under 3's are free
Can anyone comment on their experience with the shuttle service?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #1472
ohionola
Mouseketeer

We used it in February before the charge. We found it wasn't as crazy as the Disney buses but crowded at times. Times were good but last bus from the parks was sometimes before the park closed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #1473
cruisinpan567
Mouseketeer

We are ready to book at Bonnet Creek. Can someone compare Ken Price vs. Vacation Strategy?
Thanks
Old 05-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #1474
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinpan567 View Post
We are ready to book at Bonnet Creek. Can someone compare Ken Price vs. Vacation Strategy?
Thanks
If you read back a couple of pages, people have recently been posting their experience with the two. We have reserved with VS because it was quoted $220 less than the quote we received from Ken and we're already going at an expensive time, so I'll save what I can get! I've talked to VS on the phone and they were very helpful and prompt. I don't anticipate a problem, but this is our first time booking/staying at BC.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #1475
tammyroo
Mouseketeer

We are headed to WBC this week and I have one question...

Do the coffee pots take basket style filters or cone style?
Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #1476
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyroo View Post
We are headed to WBC this week and I have one question...

Do the coffee pots take basket style filters or cone style?
The filters are cone style
Old 05-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #1477
Travellerman
Mouseketeer

Hi, am planning another trip to Disney and will be in a 1 bedroom at WBC. I've stayed before, but was in a 2 bedroom unit. Does the 1 bedroom unit have a jacuzzi type tub.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #1478
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
Hi, am planning another trip to Disney and will be in a 1 bedroom at WBC. I've stayed before, but was in a 2 bedroom unit. Does the 1 bedroom unit have a jacuzzi type tub.
Yes! It is in a room between the bathroom and the bedroom, and has the Jacuzzi and a sink.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #1479
4mykidz127
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijo View Post
Just wondering....
I am hoping to book 4 nights the second week in July at BC in a 2BR. VS has no availability for my dates, and I am holding out the 4 days to my 60 day window before I contact VU. Anyone have any luck getting a room booked within 60 days for that busy time of year? Hoping for a little reassurance that it will all work out while i wait 4 looonnngg days!
We are booked thru VS the 4th thru the 12th. We booked back in Jan and my sister just checked with Ken to get the 60 day out rate and was told that he was all booked up thru July. He did have the last week in June available.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #1480
disneyfreak7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDCOLEMOM View Post
The filters are cone style
are the filters and coffee provided in a 2 bdr for entire stay?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #1481
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
are the filters and coffee provided in a 2 bdr for entire stay?
They give you a supply for a day or two but not for the whole length of your stay
Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #1482
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinpan567 View Post
Thanks
Rates differ for various reasons. I have never rented from vacation strategy but I have heard good things. This will be my 6th rental from Ken price and unless there was a crazy difference, I will always go with him. I don't even worry about anything. For me, even if the difference was a couple hundred bucks I would still use them just for the convenience, and customer service. THe only way to find out if to call and ask for a quote. He will get right back to youl
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #1483
SurpriseTrip
Earning My Ears

I am looking to surprise my family with a trip in late February (the week after President's Day/Week) as it will be school vacation week in New Hampshire and we might be able to catch a spring training game if we're lucky. Our APs also won't have expired by this point and it would be nice to get in one last trip before they do.

We generally stay on site but we might want to take a trip over to Universal and staying at any of the Disney hotels requires two rooms to squeeze everyone in. Since people seem to like Wyndham Bonnet Creek so much, I thought I would look into it and rent a minivan to drive everyone around.

I got a quote for a 2BR from VS for about $162 a night and a 3BR for about $222 a night. I see that if I wait until the 60 day booking window with vacationupgrades.com that I might be able to get the 2BR for $120 a night, it just makes me nervous to wait that long before reserving accommodations. Booking now with them would put me in at a rate of $200 a night. So it's possible that vacationupgrades could save me about $40 a night or be more expensive by $40 a night depending on availability at the 60 day window

When booking with VS, I can lock in the reservation with a deposit of $300 and they want the difference about 2-4 weeks before check in from what I've read. How does booking with vacationupgrades work?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #1484
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurpriseTrip View Post
I am looking to surprise my family with a trip in late February (the week after President's Day/Week) as it will be school vacation week in New Hampshire and we might be able to catch a spring training game if we're lucky. Our APs also won't have expired by this point and it would be nice to get in one last trip before they do.

We generally stay on site but we might want to take a trip over to Universal and staying at any of the Disney hotels requires two rooms to squeeze everyone in. Since people seem to like Wyndham Bonnet Creek so much, I thought I would look into it and rent a minivan to drive everyone around.

I got a quote for a 2BR from VS for about $162 a night and a 3BR for about $222 a night. I see that if I wait until the 60 day booking window with vacationupgrades.com that I might be able to get the 2BR for $120 a night, it just makes me nervous to wait that long before reserving accommodations. Booking now with them would put me in at a rate of $200 a night. So it's possible that vacationupgrades could save me about $40 a night or be more expensive by $40 a night depending on availability at the 60 day window

When booking with VS, I can lock in the reservation with a deposit of $300 and they want the difference about 2-4 weeks before check in from what I've read. How does booking with vacationupgrades work?

Thanks for any help in advance!
With Ken at Vacation upgrades, you can book at the regualar rate and then if he can rebook you at the 60 day mark he lowers your price. He works very hard to rebook. I would tell him when you want to go and see what he thinks he can do. He has an excellent sense of the possibility of being able to rebook. This is my 4th trip thru him. All three times (January/February/August and he was able to rebook) However, BC is getting very popular!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #1485
Shallow Pockets
Can't wait to return

Vacation Strategies Club?

Has anyone heard of Vacation Strategies Membership "Club"? VS seems to have a separate membership club that allows access to some of the Disney Vacation Club resorts for really really cheap. I got an ad in my Facebook feed from them yesterday, and now I am very interested.

They post new deals on Mondays, and it appears the Disney resorts are not there this week. Just as an example, they had the Wilderness 1 bedroom for 7 nights at around $980. Animal Kingdom Lodge 1 BR was closer to $1300 for 7 nights in July. Before I bother calling, I wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this. There is no pricing on their site.

Here is a link to their club site:

vacationstrategyclub.com
Closed Thread