DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #31
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Last edited by NoleFan; 05-10-2013 at 07:29 PM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #32
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
I would not offer $12 more pp. factor in about $5-$6 pp MF & $5 pp differential between stripped vs. loaded. I would not pay the same price pp for a stripped vs. loaded contract. If I had to buy 100 points via transfer, it would cost around $10-$12 pp ($5-$6 mf + $5 discount for stripped contract). That's the math on the approx. $12

Same resort, same contract size
ie. stripped $70pp NO MF
loaded $75pp +MF
But you aren't paying $5-12 per point more for every year you have the points to use. Your logic is still bad.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
But you aren't paying $5-12 per point more for every year you have the points to use. Your logic is still bad.
Certainly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So, please share yours & why if you feel my logic is bad. If you had same resort/same # point contract, what would you offer for stripped vs. loaded & why?? Use any $, just curious on price differential & justification.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #34
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

A Friend of mine listed his AK With the broker I don't remember which one but it was one of the big 3. They told him to sell his current Points with a transfer for 10-12$, then list it. They said he wouldn't get the 10 or $12 more per point and DVC. Would more likely not ROFR. Based on his goals of what he wanted to make this worked out for him, and listed it 8$ less pp after selling his 300 points at 10.50. He contemplated selling his next year points, bet others are doing this.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #35
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Certainly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So, please share yours & why if you feel my logic is bad. If you had same resort/same # point contract, what would you offer for stripped vs. loaded & why?? Use any $, just curious on price differential & justification.
Divide the total number of years you have left on the contract starting with the current UY into the price per point you are paying. Subtract one year's value from the asking price per point. So if you are paying $60 per point for 40 more years that is $1.50 per point. Subtract $1.50 from the asking price per point. And ask the owner to pay the dues on the used points. You'll get that money in the contract, but you will have to pay it when they are due. You don't get a credit from DVC.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #36
Galun
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

Divide the total number of years you have left on the contract starting with the current UY into the price per point you are paying. Subtract one year's value from the asking price per point. So if you are paying $60 per point for 40 more years that is $1.50 per point. Subtract $1.50 from the asking price per point. And ask the owner to pay the dues on the used points. You'll get that money in the contract, but you will have to pay it when they are due. You don't get a credit from DVC.
Why would you only subtract $1.50 when you can immediately flip the current year points for a net gain of $5-6 per point?
Galun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #37
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Sample 100 point contract:

With current year points

Contract Price 100 x $75 = $7,500

+ MF 100 x $5.50 = $550

Net cost (prior to closing costs) $8,050

WithOUT current year points

Contract Price 100 $70 = $7,000

+ MF 0 (no current points)

Net Cost (prior to closing costs) $7,000

Cost difference $1,050

If the sellers sold the points prior to sale (on stripped contract) or if buyer had to go buy points to fill in current year missing points @ $10-$12/pp = $1,000-$1,200

If the seller sold the points, they would recover their current year MF & adjust for the contracted "discount"

If the seller included the points, BUYER would pay MF & seller would get a higher price/pp for the contract.

Seller might benefit from stripped contract since lower broker fee & depending on what they get for renting or transferring points. However, someone may pay a premium for a contract with current UY points.

Dollar for dollar this seems to make sense & allow for fair pricing amongst all parties.

Last edited by NoleFan; 05-11-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #38
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
A Friend of mine listed his AK With the broker I don't remember which one but it was one of the big 3. They told him to sell his current Points with a transfer for 10-12$, then list it. They said he wouldn't get the 10 or $12 more per point and DVC. Would more likely not ROFR. Based on his goals of what he wanted to make this worked out for him, and listed it 8$ less pp after selling his 300 points at 10.50. He contemplated selling his next year points, bet others are doing this.
cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #39
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sample 100 point contract:

With current year points

Contract Price 100 x $75 = $7,500

+ MF 100 x $5.50 = $550

Net cost (prior to closing costs) $8,050

WithOUT current year points

Contract Price 100 $70 = $7,000

+ MF 0 (no current points)

Net Cost (prior to closing costs) $7,000

Cost difference $1,050

If the sellers sold the points prior to sale (on stripped contract) or if buyer had to go buy points to fill in current year missing points @ $10-$12/pp = $1,000-$1,200

If the seller sold the points, they would recover their current year MF & adjust for the contracted "discount"

If the seller included the points, BUYER would pay MF & seller would get a higher price/pp for the contract.

Seller might benefit from stripped contract since lower broker fee & depending on what they get for renting or transferring points. However, someone may pay a premium for a contract with current UY points.

Dollar for dollar this seems to make sense & allow for fair pricing amongst all parties.
Bolding is mine. But what many have argued on this thread and others, is that there isn't enough of a premium put on a contract with current (or fully loaded) points that would benefit the sellers instead of transferring out the current points and selling the contract stripped. If you saw fully loaded contracts going for $15-$20 more per point or even contracts going for $10-$15 more per point than stripped deals, then you could say there were premiums put on those types of contracts. But there simply isn't in the current market.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #40
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Bolding is mine. But what many have argued on this thread and others, is that there isn't enough of a premium put on a contract with current (or fully loaded) points that would benefit the sellers instead of transferring out the current points and selling the contract stripped. If you saw fully loaded contracts going for $15-$20 more per point or even contracts going for $10-$15 more per point than stripped deals, then you could say there were premiums put on those types of contracts. But there simply isn't in the current market.
I totally agree that someone would pay a premium for a loaded contract (I recently did) & a loaded contract probably would sell faster.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #41
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I recently paid $96 per BLT point that had 96 (100 point contract) banked points. I have bought 4 resale contracts over a 9 year period, and I would not even look at stripped contracts. IF you just keep looking, what you want will show up.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #42
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I recently paid $96 per BLT point that had 96 (100 point contract) banked points. I have bought 4 resale contracts over a 9 year period, and I would not even look at stripped contracts. IF you just keep looking, what you want will show up.
That's a great price for a smaller, loaded BLT contract- congrats!

Since you've been in the DVC market for so long, do you have any thoughts or advice on ROFR trends (if any)?

Last edited by NoleFan; 05-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #43
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Even a fully loaded contract can not demand $15-20 premium, you will be close to direct purchase price, also direct comes with extra benefit. Some resale are asking as much as direct with and without point, don't know who will take a bite.
agie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #44
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Even a fully loaded contract can not demand $15-20 premium, you will be close to direct purchase price, also direct comes with extra benefit. Some resale are asking as much as direct with and without point, don't know who will take a bite.
The premium should be around $5/pp + buyer pays MF (approx. $5.50) so overall cost would be around $10.50 more pp than stripped. Can add a few dollars if buyer wants but not much more.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #45
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galun View Post
Why would you only subtract $1.50 when you can immediately flip the current year points for a net gain of $5-6 per point?
Don't buy a contract to sell them Use them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: