Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #1051
samacita
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow's my 180!!! Starting to second guess my plan to do 3 character breakfasts (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, & Ohana) when we only have 5 TS credits. Also planning BOG (if we get in) and Sanaa dinners, so one of our TS meals will be OOP anyway. Worried that it will be hard to stretch out the QS & snack credits to fill the other gaps. :/ We've never done DDP before, so we'll have to see how it goes!

Wish me luck that we get a BOG dinner ADR!!
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #1052
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

I was on the phone at 7 am got all my times I wanted I
Sure you'll get it!
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #1053
samacita
Mouseketeer

Got everything we wanted! ...other than BOG. Guess we'll just have to stand in line and try for lunch there.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #1054
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI for those that are not part of the FB group: there are free dining PINs out and about for late October and parts of November. Check your emails!!!

This isn't helping me, but I thought I would pass it on.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #1055
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Just an FYI for those that are not part of the FB group: there are free dining PINs out and about for late October and parts of November. Check your emails!!!

We received that pin....won't be using it though! We purchased AP's this year, and are hoping to book the room only bounceback when we are there next week. Wish I could share the pin!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #1056
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

What is a free dining pin? Sorry.

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #1057
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
What is a free dining pin? Sorry.
If you have ordered any planning DVD's, or previously planned or saved a vacation pkg, you would've had to create an account giving them your email address. They randomly send out "pin codes" to people through email offering free dining, or sometimes room discounts. I have heard of people also calling to check if there are any pin codes in their name.

Not sure how they decide who gets one though.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #1058
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1
I keep trying to decide about BOG, but the menu just isn't appealing enough for me I am thinking about CRT though for breakfast...can't go wrong with breakfast..right?
The lunch was pretty delicious, but I love French food to begin with. Bog is definitely french though diluted for American palates which is a good thing in this case as it makes it appealing for kids too. I'd just pop in during an off hour for lunch and see if it smells good to you. That's how I pick restaurants outside of disney!
(Also the desserts are delicious you could just go for that! )
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #1059
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita
Tomorrow's my 180!!! Starting to second guess my plan to do 3 character breakfasts (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, & Ohana) when we only have 5 TS credits. Also planning BOG (if we get in) and Sanaa dinners, so one of our TS meals will be OOP anyway. Worried that it will be hard to stretch out the QS & snack credits to fill the other gaps. :/ We've never done DDP before, so we'll have to see how it goes!

Wish me luck that we get a BOG dinner ADR!!
Don't second guess character meals. They're some of the best bang for your buck in ts credits.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #1060
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Ooh, I don't really understand pins. Nevertheless, what are the new free dining dates that are being offered? And is it likely they'll become available for everybody?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #1061
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

We are going to WDW 5th November to 16th November and are staying at SSR. We got the Deluxe DDP and are so excited about that!

Speaking of food, we managed to get most of the ADRs we wanted, but I am totally disappointed that we couldn't get a BOG ADR for the entire duration of our trip- 180 days out! Surprisingly... We couldn't get into Via Napoli either on our choice of day. So shall try to book should anything come up.

It was a lot easier to get the ADRs we wanted in August 2011, and that is far busier than November! Puzzling...

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #1062
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer

Anyone done Hoop de doo review? Thinking about it for this trip, it looks fun. Is it worth the $? I am going to buy a tables in wonderland card because between just that and O'hana it should nearly pay for itself and we can use it for next years trip too.
How about horseback riding and archery at the fort, anyone done either of those who can fill me in?
Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #1063
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Our 180 days is Monday - we're trying for T-Rex, CRT, Via Napoli, 50s Prime Time Cafe and BOG. I actually keep going back and forth on BOG as well. I feel like if we can get the ressie we should go but I'm thinking we'd like the menu better at 'Ohana. I guess I have the weekend to decide!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1064
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
We are going to WDW 5th November to 16th November and are staying at SSR. We got the Deluxe DDP and are so excited about that!

Speaking of food, we managed to get most of the ADRs we wanted, but I am totally disappointed that we couldn't get a BOG ADR for the entire duration of our trip- 180 days out! Surprisingly... We couldn't get into Via Napoli either on our choice of day. So shall try to book should anything come up.

It was a lot easier to get the ADRs we wanted in August 2011, and that is far busier than November! Puzzling...

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'll add you to the first post! I think it's just BOG. I didn't have problems with anything else. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeettafic View Post
Our 180 days is Monday - we're trying for T-Rex, CRT, Via Napoli, 50s Prime Time Cafe and BOG. I actually keep going back and forth on BOG as well. I feel like if we can get the ressie we should go but I'm thinking we'd like the menu better at 'Ohana. I guess I have the weekend to decide!
That's what I looked at, too. We reviewed BOG's menu and didn't see anything that really wowed us, so I suggested O'hana and hubby jumped at it (all you care to eat skewers....he's on board. lol).

Let us know what you decide.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1065
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Just booked POR for 11/23 - 11/30 using my free dining PIN.......$2,503.00!

Two weeks to plan ADR's. We don't know if other family will be coming with us or not yet. I told them I needed to know within 1 week or they're on their own for dining ressies!

We've done "Thanksgiving at the Fort" and Brown Derby on Turkey Day before....not sure where this year...hmmmm....any recommendations?
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: