Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #4036
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
Heading back to work tomorrow....uhhh. Not going to do a trip report- just quick thoughts.
First if all holy heat- had to keep reminding myself why we paid April prices for weather....it felt like late September most of the time.
Another- weird crowds. Seems it was packed with people, but wait times weren't bad
Had another wonderful, peaceful stay at POR. But after the first day....decided to drive to the parks every day- am sold on that idea now, much nicer. Got to the bus stop at MK and the POR was 2 stops full and the line extended all the way down and out the other end!!! jumped POFQ bus and walked home. Last time we took a bus- will be driving every time next time.
All my sanitizing paid off, no illnesses!!!
Decided to take a break from Disney in 2014 and wait until new FL is complete, and these new policies( magic bands, fp+, etc) are out for some time and working smoothly. We had planned on going to universal for 2 days this trip, and had such a wonderful time, ditched our 3erd MK day and went back. There were no lines, and no stampedes trying to simply walk around. We are currently planning our next trip there at HRH, and adding sea world, followed by a st. Pete beach/BG few days. Hope everyone had a great trip, will be back to plan our 2015 trip.
I'm glad your experience at Universal went well... I don't know if I just picked the wrong day or what, but it was crowded there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
I thought the same thing about the crowds, none of our June trips ever "felt" that crowded, it was shoulder-to-shoulder people EVERYWHERE, all week! Even first thing in the morning, we're used to having the parks to ourselves for the first hour or so. But the wait times weren't really any worse.

And the weather wasn't much better than June, so I'm kind of wondering why we bothered doing something different.
I agree about the weather and the crowds. I don't know if this year was a fluke or what, but it just "felt" different.
DH and I have a theory about the heat too. When we went during the summer in the past, we were going from heat to heat, so we were acclimated. Since we went from blizzardy temps here to scalding temps in FL, we didn't adjust as well or as quickly.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #4037
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I'm glad your experience at Universal went well... I don't know if I just picked the wrong day or what, but it was crowded there too.

I agree about the weather and the crowds. I don't know if this year was a fluke or what, but it just "felt" different.
DH and I have a theory about the heat too. When we went during the summer in the past, we were going from heat to heat, so we were acclimated. Since we went from blizzardy temps here to scalding temps in FL, we didn't adjust as well or as quickly.
I know I read that your focus was Harry Potter- all that crowd stuff went out the window there. It was raining, and still wall-to wall back there. We got lucky with a 20 minute wait time. But it was 60 later that day. The rest of the park was dead, and our other 2 days at USF was very slow. We walked right up to the curb for the parade- unheard of at Disney. Also rode rip-ride-rockit 4 times ina row!!

Will agree- but we have gone in spring the last 3 years, and it was not this hot. TV said "above average temps", so it WAS hotter. The norm is low 80's for that time of year and it was 90+ many days.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: