Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #661
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
That's exactly what I do. Sometimes, I'll call about a week ahead of time and make sure that it's still noted. That's the OCD coming out in me.
Thank you! I just heard back from my TA, I was discussing this with her as well and she put in a request for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 per my e-mail from last night, before I knew that might be too specific! She's awesome, she's so on top of things, I love it. So we'll see what happens. I'm ready to go with the flow! I figure even if I'm across the resort from the pool that's still closer than I am now.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #662
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The buses do stop at every village bus stop before leaving the resort. We've stayed during some fairly busy times and we've never seen a bus so full that we couldn't get on. Now, leaving the parks at night, that's different. We have waited on another bus before but they came shortly after one left.
That was my experience too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #663
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
Thank you! I just heard back from my TA, I was discussing this with her as well and she put in a request for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 per my e-mail from last night, before I knew that might be too specific! She's awesome, she's so on top of things, I love it. So we'll see what happens. I'm ready to go with the flow! I figure even if I'm across the resort from the pool that's still closer than I am now.
As I have told others, you're going into this vacation with the perfect attitude. Before our Disney Dream cruise last year, we were in Barbados which is one of the furthest buildings and we didnt' even care. We were in Disney and that was all that mattered.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #664
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As far as requesting a building, is it best to just request a village and hope for the best, or should you request a specific building or group of buildings? And do we do that now or wait until checking in? New to all this and appreciate any help, thanks!
You can request when making a reservation. I did this yesterday as we like staying in Aruba or Jamaica. Nothing is guaranteed, it's just a request. If we get it, we get it, if we don't, we're still at a very nice resort. We like the walk over to Old Port Royale, so requested those villages.

Are far as the view. Our first time, way back in 1992. We went all out and paid for a water view. Never having been, didn't really know what to expect. In hind sight, it was money that could have been better spent else where. The foliage as mentioned before is quite dense and you are not in your room very much anyways. We just book a standard view now. As far as I know, the preferred is referring to how close you are located to Old Port Royale. Maybe, someone else has confirmation about this.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN

Last edited by smeecanada; 05-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #665
DisneyDreamMaker
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

We arrived today for our first stay at CBR. We are in Martinique 21. So far we love it! I have a question, did they do away with the colorful bedspreads I've seen in all the pics? Ours are all white now. I think it makes the room look bigger. Anyway off to explore & enjoy some more!!

Melissa

Me: DH DS8 DS6
Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #666
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamMaker View Post
Hi everyone,

We arrived today for our first stay at CBR. We are in Martinique 21. So far we love it! I have a question, did they do away with the colorful bedspreads I've seen in all the pics? Ours are all white now. I think it makes the room look bigger. Anyway off to explore & enjoy some more!!

Melissa
Happy to hear that you're enjoying your stay so far! Someone else posted that their bedspreads were different and I wondered if this was going to happen throughout the resort eventually. Sounds like they are making changes.

Have fun!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #667
SCJen
Earning My Ears

We checked in today as well. A king room in Aruba and have a white bedspread. Love it here!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #668
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our request is always Jamaica 45, 2nd floor or Aruba 51 and we've always gotten Jamaica 45 2nd floor. Nothing wrong with asking for specific buildings. And it's always good to have a second option listed.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #669
delilah18
DIS Veteran

How well lit are the paths and areas around the rooms at night? Is there any link to pics?

Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #670
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Does anyone who is staying there now able to post pics of the new bedding?
Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #671
Rivergirl2005
Mouseketeer

What Time can we get into the rooms? Also if we can't get into the rooms can we safely leave our carry ons with the cms?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #672
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
How well lit are the paths and areas around the rooms at night? Is there any link to pics?

Thanks
The pathways are lit well enough to make your way around at nighttime.

Here's the link to the CBR pic thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivergirl2005 View Post
What Time can we get into the rooms? Also if we can't get into the rooms can we safely leave our carry ons with the cms?
Official check-in is 3:00 p.m. but your room may be ready earlier. You can leave your bags with Bell Services if your room isn't ready when you arrive.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #673
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJen View Post
We checked in today as well. A king room in Aruba and have a white bedspread. Love it here!
Good to hear that you've fallen in love with the resort! If you have a minute, can you please take pics of the new bedspreads and possibly post it here. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #674
tam.daelynn
Earning My Ears

I will be using a car rental for transportation. Is it worth it to get a preferred room? Is it that far of a walk? My hubby can always drive up to the cafe for food and drinks lol.... We will have my 3 year old daughter with us.

What building should I request?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #675
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

ok Im backkkkk....working on posting the pics right now as I type..I have the photos on my iphone, whats the best way to post them to the site??
ok first things first. Boy did I snoop..lol and found NOTHING!! on the inside rooms anyway...looked in every room in Jamaica ( apologies if you had a lady peek inside your room). We were originally put in room 4503 , I say originally, explanation to follow!!!!
Let me day this firstly. YES there are painters and workers all over Jamaica working on the outside of ALL buildings including the one we were in (45) so if you do not wish to see this or have your kid touch wet paint as they walk by you best ask for another building. ( pics to follow to show you this) also at Jamaicas own quiet pool there are painters that have this hydraulic cherry picker lift thingy (huge one) that they are using to paint the high up areas of the roofs and it is LOUD also loud sanders are going on all around the pool area, this is very noisy so we avoided the small pool and just used Arubas or the main pool at OPR. ( more pics to show this and a video of the noise).
Anyhoo..we had a lovely time apart for a few small issues obviously the wet paint issues freaked me out trying to keep the kids from touching it but also when we checked into the room Saturday we noticed a huge pile of trash right outside our door , kinda mixed trash made up of sheets, old comforters, boxed and room trash. Sunday it had grown some. Monday it was larger, Tuesday we couldnt get the stroller past it!! Wednesday morning it was moved, Wednesday night it returned and a bug ran out of it!!!!!!!!!!! ( the dam burst and I headed over to the front desk to complain) I also wanted to ask them about something else too. They have taken off the Nemo comforters and replaced them with these thin white sheets. Now they look ok BUT... the room we were in felt pretty damp. Something I have never came across in CBR before in all my 8 yrs staying there. No problem we thought...we cranked the AC up...result...froze to death at night with no comforter!!!! Also housekeeping was very shoddy...no coffee was ever left of soap or shampoo after first night only the beds were very roughly made. So here I set off to complain!!
I get to the Front desk and this "manager" who looked about 16 yrs old tries to help me!!! he thinks for some reason the trash wont get lifted and its best that I just move rooms!!! I say ok..( cause I thought that room was a bit damp anyhow and it saved me complaining about that) they move us to room 4525, lovely room facing the water. Smelled lovely and fresh, not damp and no trash!! YAY.... came back from park that nigh at midnight...NO HOUSEKEEPING AT ALL!!! now its just as well my hubby and I have a good sense of humor as we rolled about laughing...I guess this is what you get for complaining about shoddy housekeeping..ya get one at all..LOL ( let that be a warning to ya!!!) I did call up and beg for some coffee though and let them know that we didnt get any , I also had to laugh at what she said to me on the phone. She asked me if I would like to "make an appointment with the head of housekeeping the next day about 2pm to discuss it"? I said "indeed I did not wish to ruin a good Disney day and that should be her job not mine!!! "
Anyhoo....Friday...in the new perfect lovely room, they start painting the outside of our building ( the morning we decide to lay in too..bummer) sanders going....noise..argh...) I did contemplate lifting the phone to complain but I know they would just offer to move us but we were leaving Saturday and we really didnt want to be bothered moving rooms again so we just suffered the noise. OH and I did managed to get some blankets from Housekeeping for at night as I previously said...these things they have on the beds now are really thin.. I did ask about this at the front desk , they said it was all part of the new refurbishment to the rooms, I said to the girl you mean thats all the rooms are getting?? she said Yes maam and they have been painted. Im wondering if this IS all we are getting. ( I hope not!!!!!!!!!)
Aside from all thats going on right now....CBR is still as pretty as ever, I think as long as you avoid Jamaica you should be ok, or if your not bothered with painters and noise then I say fine...go for it but you will see and hear them. Ok let me work out how to post some pics here. Any questions feel free to ask.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: