Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Parking at the Contemp for CM

Hi all!

I have a reservation at CM for 7:40am. Staying on property but not at the Contemp, I'm hoping to monorail into MK after breakfast instead of getting my car and driving and parking. Or going back to my hotel and taking the bus. Would the hotel allow that if I leave my car there for a few hours after the breakfast?

Thanks!!
Cecilia

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Typically monorail resorts will provide a 3 hr parking pass for guests using their amenities. If you need longer than that, I suggest you valet.

Be aware that given the CR convention schedule & overall WDW property schedule (i.e. holiday weeks, MK party nights, run events, etc.), there are times when no one besides CR/BLT guests are allowed to park.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSux View Post
Hi all!

I have a reservation at CM for 7:40am. Staying on property but not at the Contemp, I'm hoping to monorail into MK after breakfast instead of getting my car and driving and parking. Or going back to my hotel and taking the bus. Would the hotel allow that if I leave my car there for a few hours after the breakfast?

Thanks!!
Cecilia
I would park at TTC like you were going to MK and monorail over to Contemporary.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
loki_
darkside of disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I would park at TTC like you were going to MK and monorail over to Contemporary.

this.

since you'll only have the 3 hour pass, if you go to MK after breakfast, you'll risk being towed.

loki_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Technically and ethically, if you are not staying at a resort and you drive there to eat or visit then you need to drive out when you leave the resort.

As mentioned, parking "at Magic Kingdom" and taking the monorail or walking, or leaving the car with the valet, are good alternative choices.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

If you want to drive and park, the TTC is probably your best bet, but keep in mind that it will probably take you longer to get back to your resort after you leave your park then if you just take the bus back.

It all depends on where you want to invest a little more time, in the morning or coming home. If you drive, it will add to your commute back to the resort. if you bus it, it will add to your morning commute.

Personally, I prefer to add it to the morning. Don't forget either; if you bus it to MK, you don't have to take a monorail to Contemporary....there is a walkway that will lead you straight there.

(borrowing robo's map)

Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSux View Post
Hi all!

Thanks!!
Cecilia
I agree with the others, if you drive park at the TTC and Monorail to the CR.
The resort parking lots simply are not big enough to accomodate resort guests as well as theme park guests. They were not designed for that. The result is that if you park there you are taking the space of a guest paying to stay at the CR. It isn't fair that they are not able to find a space to park because theme park guests are parked there.
The alternative is Valet Parking at the CR. The cost is comparable to theme park parking, plus a tip for the Valet. The Valet lot is a separate lot and it is not taking space from resort guest parking.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
I agree with the others, if you drive park at the TTC and Monorail to the CR.
The resort parking lots simply are not big enough to accomodate resort guests as well as theme park guests. They were not designed for that. The result is that if you park there you are taking the space of a guest paying to stay at the CR. It isn't fair that they are not able to find a space to park because theme park guests are parked there.
The alternative is Valet Parking at the CR. The cost is comparable to theme park parking, plus a tip for the Valet. The Valet lot is a separate lot and it is not taking space from resort guest parking.
I agree that valet is another option. But OP is an on-site guest, so parking at the theme park lot (the TTC) would be free, whereas valet at CR is $15 plus tip (I think).

I vote for bus from resort to MK in the morning, then walk straight to Contemporary for breakfast, then walk to MK for the day, then bus back home.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

If you have a TIW card and a reservation to eat at CM, you can valet park for free. I don't know if you will still have the 3 hour time limit though.

I would park at TTC and monorail over.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
If you have a TIW card and a reservation to eat at CM, you can valet park for free. I don't know if you will still have the 3 hour time limit though.

I would park at TTC and monorail over.
You have a 3 hour time limit for your free valet parking with a TIW card- at least that is what it says- I have never tried to stay longer than that using my card.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the advice! I think TTC will be the way to go, I have a stroller so try to avoid buses when I can.

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: