Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #646
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran
 
bigbabyblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELISAZACK View Post
Do they have queen beds yet?
No, not according to the poster who just left CBR a day or so ago.
bigbabyblues is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #647
cancersucks
Mouseketeer
 
cancersucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Watertown,Wisconsin
Posts: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie

I am glad you had such a nice time in CBR! I'm looking forward to your review and comparison, right now I'm booked in ASMo for October but I'm looking for any incentive to switch to CBR. Is the difference in room size noticeable? I have 3 kids, one in a pack and play, and I've heard in the values the PnP makes for a very tight fit.
We stayed @ assp with a pack and play and double stroller. I was sure tight. If you can swing the extra $ I would try to save for CBR.
__________________
cancersucks is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #648
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran
 
kellyjeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancersucks View Post
We stayed @ assp with a pack and play and double stroller. I was sure tight. If you can swing the extra $ I would try to save for CBR.
Thank you! We are going to do it, I got the free dining pin so we're going to upgrade to CBR. I'm super excited!!! DH is on board with the extra space and none of the other mods really appeal to me the way CBR does. Plus this would really be our only chance to stay here, once our youngest is out of the pack and play our family will be too large.
__________________
Kelly
DH - DS (8) - DD (5) - DS (2)
kellyjeanie is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #649
derrickmom
DIS Veteran
 
derrickmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 509

Do the busses stop at the Martinique or Trinidad rooms first? Am I right that the busses stop at each section of rooms?
__________________

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #650
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Do the busses stop at the Martinique or Trinidad rooms first? Am I right that the busses stop at each section of rooms?
Jamaica is actually the first bus stop. Except for the MK bus, which I think stopped at Martinique first.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #651
derrickmom
DIS Veteran
 
derrickmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Jamaica is actually the first bus stop. Except for the MK bus, which I think stopped at Martinique first.
Thank you. We have been to the POP and are thinking of trying Caribbean beach this time. I am wondering about the buses. We were thinking the Martinique or Trinidad section looked good. If a bus is full is there usually another one shortly behind it like at the POP??
__________________

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #652
ninamouse
Mouseketeer
 
ninamouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
I have been back for almost a week since my 1st stay at CBR! I loved the resort! We have stayed at the values and Shades of Green before. I loved having the bus stops are each village. It was very nice to be able to sit at the bus stop instead of waiting through that long line like at the values.

We were in Aruba 56. We were close to the bus stop but OPR was a good hike. It was a nice hike but did take around 10 minutes to walk. I am sure that we could have got there faster but we were taking in the sights and taking pictures. The room did need some updating as it was showing some wear. But it was still a great room.

Thank you to whoever posted about mailing the coconut! We sent one to my parents and to DH's Mom. They loved them. We made it home before they were delivered so I actually got to see the look on the mailmans face when he delivered my parents. It was priceless!! So was the look on my Dad's face!

We were there during a cheer competition. It did not effect our resort but I did notice the groups in the park. The ones we saw were well behaved but they were everywhere!

I loved the way the food court is set up. It was much easier to navigate than the ones at the all stars. Our last morning there we had a Cuban sandwich for breakfast! It was delicious!! I wish that we had gotten that earlier in our stay.

If it fits into our budget I would love to stay at CBR again!!
Glad you had a lovely time - what is the thing with the coconut?
__________________
Me: DF: DS8: DS5:



Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
ninamouse is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #653
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Thank you. We have been to the POP and are thinking of trying Caribbean beach this time. I am wondering about the buses. We were thinking the Martinique or Trinidad section looked good. If a bus is full is there usually another one shortly behind it like at the POP??
The buses do stop at every village bus stop before leaving the resort. We've stayed during some fairly busy times and we've never seen a bus so full that we couldn't get on. Now, leaving the parks at night, that's different. We have waited on another bus before but they came shortly after one left.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #654
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post
Glad you had a lovely time - what is the thing with the coconut?
They have coconut postcards for sale in the resort store. It's an actual coconut that you address and have the resort mail out for you.

Here's a pic:
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #655
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

The buses do stop at every village bus stop before leaving the resort. We've stayed during some fairly busy times and we've never seen a bus so full that we couldn't get on. Now, leaving the parks at night, that's different. We have waited on another bus before but they came shortly after one left.
This has been our experience as well.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #656
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran
 
kellyjeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 543

As far as requesting a building, is it best to just request a village and hope for the best, or should you request a specific building or group of buildings? And do we do that now or wait until checking in? New to all this and appreciate any help, thanks!
__________________
Kelly
DH - DS (8) - DD (5) - DS (2)
kellyjeanie is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #657
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
As far as requesting a building, is it best to just request a village and hope for the best, or should you request a specific building or group of buildings? And do we do that now or wait until checking in? New to all this and appreciate any help, thanks!
I never request a certain building but do, sometimes, request a certain village. If you do online check-in, there are a few village options available. I usually call and ask that they make a notation of my request on my reservation.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #658
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran
 
kellyjeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I never request a certain building but do, sometimes, request a certain village. If you do online check-in, there are a few village options available. I usually call and ask that they make a notation of my request on my reservation.
Thank you! So you call and get your village request noted when making the reservation, and then again make the request during the online check-in?
__________________
Kelly
DH - DS (8) - DD (5) - DS (2)
kellyjeanie is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #659
derrickmom
DIS Veteran
 
derrickmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 509

If we have booked a perfered room what kind of view can we expect??
__________________

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #660
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
Thank you! So you call and get your village request noted when making the reservation, and then again make the request during the online check-in?
That's exactly what I do. Sometimes, I'll call about a week ahead of time and make sure that it's still noted. That's the OCD coming out in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
If we have booked a perfered room what kind of view can we expect??
The views in preferred are the same as standard....parking lot, courtyard or, possibly, water (although it's a separate booking category). The parking lot views worry some but, honestly, the landscaping is such that even that the views are blocked by pretty foliage.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: