Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,788

Dissapointed

I booked Riverside 8/18-24 in a preferred room a couple of months ago. I called a couple of days ago to get the Disney Visa discount BUT they wouldn't let me use it on a preferred room. I did put in a request to be as near as possible to the main area but who knows if i will get that. We really want to try Riverside but it will be very hot when we go and I really don't want a long walk to the pool or to get food/drink. The only other moderate we have stayed in is CBR in a PREFERRED room and loved being so close to the main area. Should I switch to CBR or CS because I think I can use the discount on a preferred room at those places. My kids are older teens. Thanks
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,227

Have you checked the main POR thread here, for info on faxing requests and checking out the website that has all the layouts of rooms, etc?
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,191

A positive note would be CSR has queen beds! Of course the preferred rooms there are close to the main bldg but not necessarily the main pool.

Good luck with your decision.
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Make sure you check back...more rooms might open up as people adjust their ressies, or WDW might release more to the sale.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 15,699

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
A positive note would be CSR has queen beds! Of course the preferred rooms there are close to the main bldg but not necessarily the main pool.

Good luck with your decision.
POR also has queen beds as does POFQ.

Op, that is a toughie. POR is large however, there is a lot of tree shade which helps. I would look at the map, and have three or four building numbers to put on your request. Some in Mansions some in AB so you have a good mix to help them get you near where you want to be.

We were in the Magnolia Bend building literally across the bridge from the main pool. It was wonderful, closer to the pool than our preferred room and it spoiled us. Next trip we will probably book preferred but are gearing up for the possiblity of being disappointed if a discount comes out and we can't use it for a preferred room. Years ago we were in bldg. 37 and loved that location but it was spring and we were a whole lot younger and had a rental car. I would not be too happy with that locatioin nowadays and that is why we will pay for preferred and be a bit unahppy if we can't apply any discounts to that room level.

Funny thing, just today I told dh maybe we should go with CBR because discounts are easier to apply to various room levels there and that avoids a lot of hassle and worry!
__________________
Have stayed at: Poly, OKW, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, Pop, ASMO, ASSP, ASMU, BWV, SSR, DLH, GCH & PP. And seven wonderful nights on the Magic!
Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,788

Thanks all!! I'm going to probably stick to POR Riverside and keep checking back to see if any preferred rooms become available with the discount.
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #7
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
POR also has queen beds as does POFQ.

Op, that is a toughie. POR is large however, there is a lot of tree shade which helps. I would look at the map, and have three or four building numbers to put on your request. Some in Mansions some in AB so you have a good mix to help them get you near where you want to be.

We were in the Magnolia Bend building literally across the bridge from the main pool. It was wonderful, closer to the pool than our preferred room and it spoiled us. Next trip we will probably book preferred but are gearing up for the possiblity of being disappointed if a discount comes out and we can't use it for a preferred room. Years ago we were in bldg. 37 and loved that location but it was spring and we were a whole lot younger and had a rental car. I would not be too happy with that locatioin nowadays and that is why we will pay for preferred and be a bit unahppy if we can't apply any discounts to that room level.

Funny thing, just today I told dh maybe we should go with CBR because discounts are easier to apply to various room levels there and that avoids a lot of hassle and worry!
I was comparing CSR to CBR (which are her two choices for a discount). If I read on the other threads correctly, CBR still does not have queen beds.
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineNJ View Post
Thanks all!! I'm going to probably stick to POR Riverside and keep checking back to see if any preferred rooms become available with the discount.
I think that's a great choice. I had much rather be at Riverside than any other mod, even if it meant walking a little more to the food court.
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I was comparing CSR to CBR (which are her two choices for a discount). If I read on the other threads correctly, CBR still does not have queen beds.
No, she is comparing CSR to POR. You are right that CBR does not have queen beds, but every other moderate does.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 407

We love, love, love POR! In fact, we are staying at the YC this year b/c of a crazy good deal we got, and my kids are a little sad that we won't be at POR!

POR is beautiful to walk around- peaceful, tranquil, and lovely. You will be fine if you put in a request for "close to main"- if you want a bit more control, I would look at the POR map and request a specific mansion building (Oak is our favorite). Really not a bad walk at all- just over the bridge!


Enjoy!
ready4mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.