Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
SABeasley98
Earning My Ears

Dining at Shades of Green

I would love to hear feedback on the food at Shades of Green from anyone who has stayed there in the last couple years. We stayed there for the first time in 2009. The food was ok on that trip and the next. However, we stayed there again in 2010 or 2011 & the food was absolutely horrendous. One of the restaurants was being remodeled so we had to eat from the pool bar. They served us a frozen hot dog and chicken nuggets-still frozen!!! We are planning another trip to Disney this fall and I am nervous about staying at Shades of Green again for this reason. Anyone stayed recently and felt that the food was decent? Thanks for any input!
SABeasley98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

We ate at the Garden Gallery evening buffet in August and again in October 2012. It suits us because we usually have a variety of ages and there is something for everyone. The price is reasonable and the quality of the food is decent.
Junebugwv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
bdcp
DIS Veteran

DH was there last fall for a course and we have stayed there several times and will be going back in Nov. DH says Mangino's is pretty good. We only eat breakfast when we stay there. Too many good options elsewhere on property. Most people will tell you breakfast is the best meal at the Garden Gallery. We tend to be away from SOG all day when we stay there. On occasion, we have spent part of a day there by the pool. I miss the old Evergreen's. The food there used to be decent.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
hannah'sdaddy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
DH was there last fall for a course and we have stayed there several times and will be going back in Nov. DH says Mangino's is pretty good. We only eat breakfast when we stay there. Too many good options elsewhere on property. Most people will tell you breakfast is the best meal at the Garden Gallery. We tend to be away from SOG all day when we stay there. On occasion, we have spent part of a day there by the pool. I miss the old Evergreen's. The food there used to be decent.
I agree we only eat breakfast there most days and it is a good deal. We also 1 or 2 times during a 7-10 day stay get room service late at night usually just a pizza. Nothing to write home about but hits the spot when you are hungry.
hannah'sdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

We ate at the Italian restaurant and it was horrid, and the service was even worse. We sat there forever waiting to get everything from our first glass of water through our bill. The sad part was, even when we mentioned it to a manager he didn't give two hoots. The coffee cart/area had good coffee in the AM though
Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
Marshypooh
Mouseketeer

I used to enjoy Evergreens years ago, but not so much anymore. Service and menu went way down.

Garden Gallery has a fairly decent breakfast buffet. Dinner buffet did not impress me much. If cost is a factor it is a good deal price wise. That being said, the offerings and quality at both breakfast and dinner in no way compare to the buffets at Crystal Palace (MK) or Tusker House (AK). Service at Garden Gallery is lousy, too. It takes forever to be seated and the place will only be maybe half-full. Waitstaff, IMO, are not very friendly.

Mangino's was actually quite a surprise. The food was well prepared and delicious. My family truly enjoyed it compared to Tony's Town Square (MK), which unfortunately is often disappointing. Waitstaff at Mangino's is a bit better than GG.

Tags
shades of green

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: