Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #151
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Just getting ready for work. I am a bit nervous, I already have a voicemail (how odd for them to be in this early, it is usually impossible to get ahold of them before 10) from HR asking for me to come see them so that "all parties involved can meet together" at lunch time this afternoon. Exactly how I wanted to spend my lunch! Ugh. I think I will be nervous until then. I am going to tell the Dr to stay away from me, HR never did call me back yesterday, nor did my place of employment return any calls to my insurance company.

I am feeling a lot better today. My husband has told me not to sign anything and if they try to make me to ask for a copy to bring home. I can't imagine there would be anything like that going on. As far as I know HR has no idea the Dr confronted me. I guess I should have some answers this evening. I am getting ready to stuff myself into my tiny clown car. My husband is going to call the insurance today and try to get a more reasonable car. Even if we have to pay the difference I think we are willing to do that.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #152
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Good luck today! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #153
SLP958
DIS Veteran

Glad you are feeling better today. I think you have a good plan. Try to relax. Will be waiting for an update later!

Good Luck.
SLP958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #154
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Good luck!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #155
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
Hi everyone! Just getting ready for work. I am a bit nervous, I already have a voicemail (how odd for them to be in this early, it is usually impossible to get ahold of them before 10) from HR asking for me to come see them so that "all parties involved can meet together" at lunch time this afternoon. Exactly how I wanted to spend my lunch! Ugh. I think I will be nervous until then. I am going to tell the Dr to stay away from me, HR never did call me back yesterday, nor did my place of employment return any calls to my insurance company.

I am feeling a lot better today. My husband has told me not to sign anything and if they try to make me to ask for a copy to bring home. I can't imagine there would be anything like that going on. As far as I know HR has no idea the Dr confronted me. I guess I should have some answers this evening. I am getting ready to stuff myself into my tiny clown car. My husband is going to call the insurance today and try to get a more reasonable car. Even if we have to pay the difference I think we are willing to do that.
Good luck today. We will be thinking of you.

I think you should mention how the situation from start to now has upset you. Being approached by the doctor about it was upsetting too. I think I would want that on record that you don't know how the doc thought it was in your hands. Also I'd want it on record you don't want to be approached like that again.

Your husband is right about not signing anything. Can he go to the meeting w/ you? If not bring a pad & pen so you can jot down something that doesn't sound right. I have a feeling you will hear some bs today.

Good luck.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #156
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
I think I told a pregnant woman to keep her perspective once.

Once.

Smart man!
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #157
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

I find it odd that HR wants to facilitate a meeting . . . with all parties. Keep calm and factually address the matter. Explain how you were very disconcerted to have the doctor attempt to coerce you and then attempt to detain you from leaving. Remind them she is a stranger and the situation leaves you feeling harassed and threatened.

Simply tell them you wish her to leave you in peace and you would like the insurance companies to sort things out, end of story. Short, sweet, simple, direct, all businesslike. Anything else undermines your position.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #158
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Oh, if they should ask what you want to happen to resolve it at the facility, refer them to their policy. Ask them what does it say? Then ask them what would happen if the situation was reversed. Should be a very interesting meeting.

ETA: Just be careful. HR has the doc's back. They showed that in their actions. This is just a "lets make nice" meeting, and sweep it away with your blessings. I think that's the objective. HR is kind of on the hook, because they told you the policy and they aren't following it. So both the doctor and HR are squirming now. It's a mess.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

Last edited by OceanAnnie; 05-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.
OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #159
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Say as little as possible, write everything down. TBH. I personally would not be comfortable with this, and would tell HR so. Why do they need you all there together? Seems very juvenile to me, like grade school. I understand you have a responsibility as an employee, but it doesn't require you to be face to face with someone who damaged your property . I agree with cabanafrau..say very little and excuse yourself. It is also Friday which is very convenient for them so that you cannot contact them over the weekend etc ..the whole thing has flags going off for me.

ETA: my HR department would no way have 2 parties in there together if they needed to speak to them...unless BOTH parties requested such meeting. This is all kinda odd to me
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

Last edited by FINFAN; 05-10-2013 at 08:10 AM.
FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #160
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

The main thing is to get everyone agreeing to cooperate with your insurance company and get your car fixed without anything out of your pocket and not on your record. Also no contact except through the insurance company.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #161
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Like every topic on the Dis people are going overboard on this.

The doc did leave the scene of an accident, but nobody is going to spend "hundreds of thousands" of dollars on a lawyer, and the police aren't going to go drag this doc out of the house and cuff him/her.

You really need to try to take your emotions out of this. This was a car accident. Don't get me wrong, it's a huge inconvenience for you, but stuff happens. To be honest the part that would have driven me insane is watching the video where the doc got out and inspected their OWN car and drove off.

My car was stolen once at a garage where I left it to get new tires. The garage's insurance company was paying for my rental, when I went to pick it up they tried to give me a little tiny subcompact. I had the rental company call the insurance company who was paying and tell them this car was unacceptable. They quickly moved me into a larger car.

If I were you I'd walk into that meeting and simply tell them that this event is not earth shattering but you do just want to get off your chest that you think you've been getting the short end of the stick in this whole deal.

I'd tell them you aren't happy with the way the doc and HR have treated you.

Then put a big smile on your face and say now how do we move forward to make me whole again.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #162
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Good luck today!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #163
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I fail to see why HR is involved, I can see them dealing with the Dr. in private but why you are involved I have no idea. If it was me all I would want is my car made whole. I hope the meeting goes well for you
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #164
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

OMG....
I'll bet you have left for work, and this may not get to you.

This meeting does not sound appropriate. NOT appropriate.
You do not seem to work directly together at all.
There are no questions or dispute to be ironed out....

You do not need to speak to her, or even speak in her presence....
I would only speak with appropriate HR employees only. Without her in the office with you.
Period.

Like we have been advising, with good reason, have NO further personal interaction with this woman at all.
Either in the parking lot, or in their office, etc...

Something tells me that you will be a sitting duck in any such meeting with her present. You don't want to put yourself in that situation.

I wouldn't even want to have to speak with her if she is asked to apologize. (which is meaningless, anyhow) I would not be in any frame of mind to accept her apology.

Just state the bare-bones facts of the case.
She has caused property damage to your vehicle.
It is now being handled thru insurance.
And you really do not feel you have anything further to say to 'Dr.'.

Hope it all goes okay for you today!!!!!

Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #165
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

I too, agree that it is inappropriate for HR to be dragging this out this way and absolutely unacceptable that they expect the OP to spend her LUNCH BREAK (for which I am sure she is not paid) bending to their beck and call. BS!!! You want to speak to me? You're gonna pay me for my time.

I feel for you OP. Of course, you probably need your job, possibly even LIKE it. Tough situation to be in!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: