Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Angeliamc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14

Crowds...so worried...

Hey there! I have posted a few things since starting to plan for our US/IOS/SW trip and you guys have been great! As our trip gets closer I am starting to freak out about the crowd levels at the parks. I think it is going to be super busy while we are there..June 8-15. It is not possbile for us to stay on site and there are 7 of us so buying front of the line is out of the question as well. Do you think we can still enjoy our time if it is that busy. we have never been to any of the parks during the summer months and I just don't know what to expect. Feeling a little anxious about it now.
Angeliamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 244

We are there the same week. I also got scared about crowds so we are doing just ONE night onsite to have 2 of the 3 days of early arrival and express pass.
__________________
Sharon
Disney Vacation at POR - June 2012
Disney Vacation at CSR - April 2010
Disney Vacation at CSR - March 2008
Disney Vacation at CBR - October 2001

me DH, DD17 DD6
sharon_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeliamc View Post
Hey there! I have posted a few things since starting to plan for our US/IOS/SW trip and you guys have been great! As our trip gets closer I am starting to freak out about the crowd levels at the parks. I think it is going to be super busy while we are there..June 8-15. It is not possbile for us to stay on site and there are 7 of us so buying front of the line is out of the question as well. Do you think we can still enjoy our time if it is that busy. we have never been to any of the parks during the summer months and I just don't know what to expect. Feeling a little anxious about it now.
Crowds levels will be in the 7-8 range (busy) but shouldn't be too terribly bad...yet...especially during the first part of your trip. To keep lines at a minimum, I would suggest: eating at off-peak times, get to the parks before opening, spend the entire day and use single rider lines when you can.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,707

the earlier you go in june the less crowds you will face.


you should be okay for the second week of june as long as you go early and have a plan.


check out the website and see where the rides, rr, shows, eateries are located in the park.
in case you have crowds, you'll know the layout of the parks better.

use the single rider lines when they are available in order to cut back on ride wait times.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
wannagoWDW
Earning My Ears
 
wannagoWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 20

Crowd level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Crowds levels will be in the 7-8 range (busy) but shouldn't be too terribly bad...yet...especially during the first part of your trip. To keep lines at a minimum, I would suggest: eating at off-peak times, get to the parks before opening, spend the entire day and use single rider lines when you can.
What are the crowds level expected May 24,25th. Hoping to do one day at each park. Staying at RPR one night. Plan to get to resort very early the first day. Which park do you recommend we do the first day?
Thanks for your advise.
Any 'don't miss' with older teenage children? Been to WDW often, first time to US.




__________________
wannagoWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagoWDW View Post
What are the crowds level expected May 24,25th. Hoping to do one day at each park. Staying at RPR one night. Plan to get to resort very early the first day. Which park do you recommend we do the first day?
Thanks for your advise.
Any 'don't miss' with older teenage children? Been to WDW often, first time to US.




7 out of 10..So busy but not insane.But since you are staying onsite you will be fine.
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion January 2015
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagoWDW View Post
What are the crowds level expected May 24,25th. Hoping to do one day at each park. Staying at RPR one night. Plan to get to resort very early the first day. Which park do you recommend we do the first day?
Thanks for your advise.
Any 'don't miss' with older teenage children? Been to WDW often, first time to US.




Since you are staying onsite, crowds will not be a concern.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Akwafunk
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 196

I've been on a holiday weekend with no express pass... And we did fine.

Get there at rope drop. Seriously, most people don't get to the park at 11.
Single rider, single rider, single rider
Plan - not crazy plan - but do hit the popular stuff first.

Have fun.

Akwafunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,861

Is there a site that gives a crowd calendar for Universal, like there is for Disney? (One that you don't have to pay for, I mean.) We're looking at the last weekend in September or first one in October.

Thanks!
__________________
snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Is there a site that gives a crowd calendar for Universal, like there is for Disney? (One that you don't have to pay for, I mean.) We're looking at the last weekend in September or first one in October.

Thanks!
Touringplans.com and
Orlando Informer
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion January 2015
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
AJA
DIS Veteran
 
AJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,078

Exactly what others have said, get there early and do your cannot miss rides first!

If one section is super busy try another part of the park.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
dizzyr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 601

We are going the week of nov 10-16 for one or two days. I was assuming the crowd level would be low so wasn't going to switch hotels to stay on site (we're staying at a sea world hotel and also doing DC, SW, Aquatica). Am I assuming correctly?

I'm keeping the option open to go for two days but I'm afraid I won't lose enough weight by then to fit on most of the rides and if that's the case one day will make me feel bad enough that I'll go somewhere else the second day so don't really want to pay for the insure if we won't end up using the benefits.
__________________
DH Me DD11 DD8

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
We are going the week of nov 10-16 for one or two days. I was assuming the crowd level would be low so wasn't going to switch hotels to stay on site (we're staying at a sea world hotel and also doing DC, SW, Aquatica). Am I assuming correctly?
Early November isn't a busy time...you'll be fine staying where you are.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
COCHISE England
Earning My Ears
 
COCHISE England's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nottingham
Posts: 11

fastpass or not.............

can you help /advise me?

doing July 8th - 21st.....me, my 2 lads and my granddaughter...The dates were unavoidable due to sons exams etc. I EXPECT it will be busy!..... we intend doing Universal on our second week 2 or maybe 3 visits.........FASTPASS or not? I have been looking into the VIP fastpass, pricey but it would ensure a quality day or 2 with not much hanging around....i got ordinary 2 park fastpasses for my last trip a few years ago and thought they were great, but not being coaster types ....a tad of a waste in IOA......if i wait until 'the day' ..not being early birds they could be sold out. I just don't fancy standing in lines for ages with my 6 year old gd........

any thoughts/advice would be great
buying my tickets next week i think...soooo i need to decide

Last edited by COCHISE England; 05-26-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spl
COCHISE England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
Pembo
OH-IO
 
Pembo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,525

We were there over spring break and stayed offsite, no express pass. We got to the park before opening time and got in early. We went straight to Despicable Me and waited 20 mins...waits later in the day were 240 mins!
We got a lot accomplished in the first 3 hours we were there. It got crazy busy by lunch time. In fact we were going to go to CityWalk for lunch but decided against it since lines were so long to get back IN to the park.

Get there early!!!
__________________
Pembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.