Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #46
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Just as narrow and small or not, I cannot wait to see the details and little things to look at. And that dragon atop the bank ride, that is something I really want to see, well, and everything! We will be back next year.
Lynne G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #47
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G
Just as narrow and small or not, I cannot wait to see the details and little things to look at. And that dragon atop the bank ride, that is something I really want to see, well, and everything! We will be back next year.
Most definitely cannot wait! As soon as I saw escape from Gringotts translated on film I thought this would make a wicked ride!

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm
Doctor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #48
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo

Ya, I only drink butterbeer too.

I remember a whole thread over at Orlando United discussing the coke products and the reasoning there was for authenticity sake.

I know that Rowling had some huge deal with Coke and a reading promotion program, so I didn't realize she was so anti-Coke products.

I assume that we won't see any Coke products in the new area either.
I was wary about pumpkin juice. Is that any good?

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm
Old 05-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #49
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2
I got an email. Exciting! Can't wait to see what they do. Any thoughts on the name of the new restaurant?
Yay! I even took snapshots of the email Super excited

Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #50
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Speaking of Harry Potter how do people like the Three Broomstricks food? I went for atmosphere but I felt the cuisine lacking. Hoping Leaky Cauldron will be improved picky eater

Old 05-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #51
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor 10 View Post
Speaking of Harry Potter how do people like the Three Broomstricks food? I went for atmosphere but I felt the cuisine lacking. Hoping Leaky Cauldron will be improved picky eater

I was not impressed by the food at the three broomsticks either
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #52
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor 10 View Post
I was wary about pumpkin juice. Is that any good?

it is a personal taste thing..If you like thick pumpkin pie flavored drink you might like it.I was not a fan and I love Pumpkin pie
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #53
glocon
DIS Veteran

I don't know~ the pumpkin juice we had was not thick. I tasted like spiced apple juice. The bottle is really cool! Saved mine as a souvenir. Definitely worth getting, if not just for the bottle, even if you don't drink it all.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #54
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
I don't know~ the pumpkin juice we had was not thick. I tasted like spiced apple juice. The bottle is really cool! Saved mine as a souvenir. Definitely worth getting, if not just for the bottle, even if you don't drink it all.
Mine was thick despite vigorous shaking..Maybe I got a bad bottle..Didn't taste like apple juice to me either
Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #55
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo View Post
I was not impressed by the food at the three broomsticks either
That's why I always recommend Thunder Falls Terrace for counter service instead of 3B.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #56
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Same here. I quite enjoyed it but prefer butterbeer.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #57
joecatz
Mouseketeer

The single biggest issue with this expansion is going to be the fact that there is absolutely no way that universal is going to accurately determine just how overwhelming the traffic/lines/waits for the hog warts express are going to be. That aspect of this is going to be awesome, but a cluster.... As well. Mainly because they'll be scanning tickets, there's the stroller issue....

But most likely they're also not smart enough to realize that there will be a ton of people who will use that a the main access between parks, since the trek between from potter to potter is so far.

If they were smart, they'd have a walking path and back gate exit/entry there too, for people who want to bypass the train.

But that train is gonna be a pain.
joecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #58
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecatz View Post
The single biggest issue with this expansion is going to be the fact that there is absolutely no way that universal is going to accurately determine just how overwhelming the traffic/lines/waits for the hog warts express are going to be. That aspect of this is going to be awesome, but a cluster.... As well. Mainly because they'll be scanning tickets, there's the stroller issue....

But most likely they're also not smart enough to realize that there will be a ton of people who will use that a the main access between parks, since the trek between from potter to potter is so far.

If they were smart, they'd have a walking path and back gate exit/entry there too, for people who want to bypass the train.

But that train is gonna be a pain.
It's not a short walk from the back side their either.... not to mention that with all the backstage traffic it wouldn't be a very pedestrian friendly hike.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #59
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

I am so excited about this, can't wait!!!! Any ideas as to what the Leaky Cauldron might serve?
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #60
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjusoioa View Post
I am so excited about this, can't wait!!!! Any ideas as to what the Leaky Cauldron might serve?
Don't know, but as the shrunken head in prisoner of azkaban said "If you have the pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you."
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: