Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #211
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #212
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
DH is making mad fun of me. We talked tonight about getting Disneyland APs and I just can't make the math work. He said to see how summer goes and we'll decide after. I said, after what? He's a very last minute planner.
Ever since joining DVC I've become obsessive about planning vacations, that would probably drive me crazy

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #213
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

You're so sweet. Thanks for counting along.

Quote:
Ever since joining DVC I've become obsessive about planning vacations, that would probably drive me crazy

Its mind numbing for sure. We're trying to plan a belated anniversary trip to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for next Febuary and trying to get him to decide on a condo vs hotel is a good time.

I've obsessed too. Glad I'm in good company. What else have to got planned/are planning?

Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Dec 2013 Disneyland trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #214
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's Golden Mickeys about? The pirate night sounds fun and I've got our costumes. I just ordered them. Cheap too. $10 each. I'm so excited for it. Disney Dreams? I'll have to search this one too. Toy Story is the only obvious one- haha!

Hide the Navigators? Heck I'm going to have to ask for 2; will they give us 2? He's a geek like me and will want his own to highlight. Guess I can bring two highlighters.

The Golden Mickey's is an award show like the Tonys or Oscars, except all the winners are Disney characters! :-) They do scenes from several different movies, it's my second favorite show - after Disney Dreams! Which is my all time favorite DCL show!! Ann-Marie has to find the magic in herself before the clock strikes 6, and she has a lot of help along the way. Yeah, this sap still every time.

Generally, I'll run down to Guest Services for an extra Navigator (one too keep nice and clean for the scrapbook).

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #215
Pinkocto

Quote:
You're so sweet. Thanks for counting along.
I'm ready to cruise You're going to love it!

Quote:

Its mind numbing for sure. We're trying to plan a belated anniversary trip to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for next Febuary and trying to get him to decide on a condo vs hotel is a good time.

Uh oh, what are you leaning towards? When do you need to book by?

Quote:

I've obsessed too. Glad I'm in good company. What else have to got planned/are planning?
I need a smilie that's rubbing its hands together in anticipation talking about vacations is a close second to going on vacation!

I have a 4 day at WDW coming up in three weeks, will be staying at Jambo House in a 1BR, first time in a 1BR.

Then DL in September for the first time for 7 days, staying at the VGC in a studio.

Back to WDW in December for 5 days at Jambo House, studio and CL this time.

Then our cruise in January

I just booked a birthday trip for myself in March, not sure if it will go through but for now I'm booked at Jambo House savannah view for 7 days.

Then the cruise over Mothers Day on the Fantasy for mom.

And finally the transatlantic cruise next September.

Those are all booked. It seems a bit excessive when I write them all down I'm also hoping to plan Aulani for 2015, at least ten days if not longer.

What are you planning?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #216
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
The Golden Mickey's is an award show like the Tonys or Oscars, except all the winners are Disney characters! :-) They do scenes from several different movies, it's my second favorite show - after Disney Dreams! Which is my all time favorite DCL show!! Ann-Marie has to find the magic in herself before the clock strikes 6, and she has a lot of help along the way. Yeah, this sap still every time.

Generally, I'll run down to Guest Services for an extra Navigator (one too keep nice and clean for the scrapbook).

The Golden Mickeys sounds like a great show! I'm so excited to see it now. Toy Story is obvious but is it a different storyline than the movie but with the same characters? Disney Dreams sounds fun too. Wish they had it on the Wonder.

Quote:
I'm ready to cruise You're going to love it!

I can't wait! We're inching closer.

Quote:
Uh oh, what are you leaning towards? When do you need to book by?
I need to book fairly soon as rooms book quickly at the resort I want to stay at. It's very very Mexico and I love it. www.catalinabeachresort.com

Quote:
I need a smilie that's rubbing its hands together in anticipation talking about vacations is a close second to going on vacation!

I have a 4 day at WDW coming up in three weeks, will be staying at Jambo House in a 1BR, first time in a 1BR.

Then DL in September for the first time for 7 days, staying at the VGC in a studio.

Back to WDW in December for 5 days at Jambo House, studio and CL this time.

Then our cruise in January

I just booked a birthday trip for myself in March, not sure if it will go through but for now I'm booked at Jambo House savannah view for 7 days.

Then the cruise over Mothers Day on the Fantasy for mom.

And finally the transatlantic cruise next September.

Those are all booked. It seems a bit excessive when I write them all down I'm also hoping to plan Aulani for 2015, at least ten days if not longer.

What are you planning?

Your plans sound UNREAL! You do need a hand rubbing smiley.

Do you usually stay in Studios? You're going to love the one bedroom. They're so big.

The GCV are so cool. I can't wait to hear your thoughts about them. I fell in love with them. The Hearthstone Lounge is awesome too.

You are so lucky to get to travel so much. My bday is in March too.

You're mom is also very lucky. I hope my girls will hang out with me like you do your mom. It's very heartwarming. I have no relationship with my mother, long story, so it really warms my heart to see mother's and daughters who like to spend time together.

And score on Jamco CL!

Tell me about the transatlantic.

I'm always thinking of when and where we'd like to go but with 3 kids and a bazillion things going on and even more to pay for, we have to be conservative. Ideally I'm looking at Disneyland over Christmas, the cruise with Joshua, and then Mexico in February with Michael but we'll see. And then Gabby's HS grad cruise in either June or before she graduates during Spring Break of her senior year. We have a boat so I'm hoping for a week in Lake Powell over the summer but with the kids' camp and soccer tournaments pending, I just never know.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-08-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #217
rentayenta

255 days!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #218
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
255 days!!!
Woo hoo!

....and woo hoo to Pam. I just read her post about all her upcoming trips and all I can say is NIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCE!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #219
Pinkocto

Quote:
The Golden Mickeys sounds like a great show! I'm so excited to see it now. Toy Story is obvious but is it a different storyline than the movie but with the same characters? Disney Dreams sounds fun too. Wish they had it on the Wonder.
There's a really fabulous one called Disneys Believe (I think that's the name). It's my all time favorite one so far, so magical. Some tears escaped at the end. Toy Story follows the first movies story. It was good but not one that either of us needs to see in a while.

Quote:

I can't wait! We're inching closer.

Quote:

I need to book fairly soon as rooms book quickly at the resort I want to stay at. It's very very Mexico and I love it. www.catalinabeachresort.com
That looks really nice. Just book whatever you want and let him know its been taken care of. How would that go over?

Quote:
Your plans sound UNREAL! You do need a hand rubbing smiley.
Thank you! I'm so excited

Quote:
Do you usually stay in Studios? You're going to love the one bedroom. They're so big.
I've only ever stayed in studios, I can't wait to see a 1BR. I had to cancel a trip that had been booked with borrowed points, so had to find a use for those exact amount of points. Luckily I found something that worked. Hopefully this won't make me only want to stay in 1BRs.

Quote:
The GCV are so cool. I can't wait to hear your thoughts about them. I fell in love with them. The Hearthstone Lounge is awesome too.
The resort looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it. That will be a solo trip which will allow me to savor everything as long as I like.

Quote:
You are so lucky to get to travel so much. My bday is in March too.
Traveling has always been one of my favorite things. I'm glad this job is very flexible. Ahhh, a fellow March bday mine is the 28th, what's yours?

Quote:
You're mom is also very lucky. I hope my girls will hang out with me like you do your mom. It's very heartwarming. I have no relationship with my mother, long story, so it really warms my heart to see mother's and daughters who like to spend time together.
I truly cherish the time we spend together. We had a pretty rough patch when I was a teenager, so I'm so happy we get along so well now. We have a lot of fun together. As much fun as you have with your kids I'm sure that will continue

Quote:
And score on Jamco CL!
CL is great, I love having breakfast available without having to go hunt for it.

Quote:
Tell me about the transatlantic.
Oh my, the transatlantic is one of my dream trips, I'm so excited about it. It's 14 nights, including 8 days at sea. Stopping in Malaga Spain, Canary Islands, St John Antigua, St Maartan, and St Kitts. I'm planing on two days in Barcelona before the cruise. As of now that looks to be a solo trip.

Quote:

I'm always thinking of when and where we'd like to go but with 3 kids and a bazillion things going on and even more to pay for, we have to be conservative. Ideally I'm looking at Disneyland over Christmas, the cruise with Joshua, and then Mexico in February with Michael but we'll see. And then Gabby's HS grad cruise in either June or before she graduates during Spring Break of her senior year. We have a boat so I'm hoping for a week in Lake Powell over the summer but with the kids' camp and soccer tournaments pending, I just never know.
All your plans sound great! How long will your Mexico trip be? Have you been there before? When can you book the December trip? Oh how nice to have a boat. I spent many childhood summers on a lake in Canada, going out on the boat was wonderful.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 05-09-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #220
Pinkocto

Quote:
255 days!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #221
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woo hoo!

....and woo hoo to Pam. I just read her post about all her upcoming trips and all I can say is NIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCE!
Thank you thank you!!!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #222
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woo hoo!

She's got quite the year planned!

Quote:
There's a really fabulous one called Disneys Believe (I think that's the name). It's my all time favorite one so far, so magical. Some tears escaped at the end. Toy Story follows the first movies story. It was good but not one that either of us needs to see in a while.

You know it's good when a few tears escape. I can't wait to see the shows.

I read that on the Alaska cruise, they're changing the Pirate Night to Pixar Pals. Not that I'm going to Alaska but wonder what's that will be like?

Quote:
That looks really nice. Just book whatever you want and let him know its been taken care of. How would that go over?

He'd be fine with it. I think he's just excited to be going somewhere not Disney. I found a great condo too that we're going to book. http://www.vrbo.com/116383 It's beautiful but up the side of a cliff. Basically most of Zihua is up the side of a mountain. The walk won't hurt going down.

Quote:
I've only ever stayed in studios, I can't wait to see a 1BR. I had to cancel a trip that had been booked with borrowed points, so had to find a use for those exact amount of points. Luckily I found something that worked. Hopefully this won't make me only want to stay in 1BRs.

It will. But you'll be fine going back to Studios too. DVC spoils us for sure. We usually stay in 2 bedrooms and when at Disneyland we were in a hotel room. It was beautiful and different and amazing but it wasn't a 2 bedroom villa.

Quote:
The resort looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it. That will be a solo trip which will allow me to savor everything as long as I like.

Fun! You'll be meeting up with Alison right?

Quote:
Traveling has always been one of my favorite things. I'm glad this job is very flexible. Ahhh, a fellow March bday mine is the 28th, what's yours?
That's great! What do you do for work? Mines the 7th. DH is an Aries too.

Quote:
I truly cherish the time we spend together. We had a pretty rough patch when I was a teenager, so I'm so happy we get along so well now. We have a lot of fun together. As much fun as you have with your kids I'm sure that will continue

That's so sweet and am glad you've made it to be so close. I hope you're right about my kids. I have virtually no relationship with my mother. It's too bad that she's missing out on her grandchildren but it's her choice really; no therapy, no contact. I've had to keep very tight boundaries.

Quote:
Oh my, the transatlantic is one of my dream trips, I'm so excited about it. It's 14 nights, including 8 days at sea. Stopping in Malaga Spain, Canary Islands, St John Antigua, St Maartan, and St Kitts. I'm planing on two days in Barcelona before the cruise. As of now that looks to be a solo trip.

That's right, I remember now. I thought I had asked. And you'll get a few days in Spain first; how wonderful. You'll meet a bunch of folks on the trip I'm sure.

Quote:
All your plans sound great! How long will your Mexico trip be? Have you been there before? When can you book the December trip? Oh how nice to have a boat. I spent many childhood summers on a lake in Canada, going out on the boat was wonderful.

We went there in 2008 and it was amazing. I haven't traveled extensively but have been to Mexico many times, South America, and then of course various US destinations. I think Zihua is my favorite thus far.

Having a boat has been yo key to surviving the Utah winters. Without the summer and boating to look forward to, I'm not sure we'd have lasted this long. Seriously though, I am not a cold weather person and neither are the kids. They boarded a few years back but just don't enjoy being cold. They're beach people like me. Poor DH is outnumbered. He loves to board and snowshoe etc....but I think these last two winters have taken their toll on his patience for the cold.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #223
Pinkocto

Quote:

You know it's good when a few tears escape. I can't wait to see the shows.

I read that on the Alaska cruise, they're changing the Pirate Night to Pixar Pals. Not that I'm going to Alaska but wonder what's that will be like?
Changing Pirate Night say it isn't so! I love Pirate Night!

'Sigh of relief' I just reread that and you said on the Alaska cruise, whew!

Quote:

He'd be fine with it. I think he's just excited to be going somewhere not Disney. I found a great condo too that we're going to book. http://www.vrbo.com/116383 It's beautiful but up the side of a cliff. Basically most of Zihua is up the side of a mountain. The walk won't hurt going down.
That looks lovely how about the walk back up?

Quote:

It will. But you'll be fine going back to Studios too. DVC spoils us for sure. We usually stay in 2 bedrooms and when at Disneyland we were in a hotel room. It was beautiful and different and amazing but it wasn't a 2 bedroom villa.
That's what I'm worried about! I'm really worried I'll enjoy the washer/dryer too much.

Quote:

Fun! You'll be meeting up with Alison right?
Absolutely.

Quote:

That's great! What do you do for work? Mines the 7th. DH is an Aries too.
Mom's birthday is the 7th too I'm a nurse, currently working at a dialysis clinic which I DO NOT like. I signed a contract so have some more time before I can leave. That's partly the reason for so many vacations planned, I just want to be away from there.

Quote:

That's so sweet and am glad you've made it to be so close. I hope you're right about my kids. I have virtually no relationship with my mother. It's too bad that she's missing out on her grandchildren but it's her choice really; no therapy, no contact. I've had to keep very tight boundaries.
I'm sorry about your mom, that's got to be tough.

Quote:

That's right, I remember now. I thought I had asked. And you'll get a few days in Spain first; how wonderful. You'll meet a bunch of folks on the trip I'm sure.
No worries, I'm happy to say it again, I love talking about vacation. Even solo it's going to be an amazing trip.

Quote:

We went there in 2008 and it was amazing. I haven't traveled extensively but have been to Mexico many times, South America, and then of course various US destinations. I think Zihua is my favorite thus far.

I'll have to look it up, I've never heard Zihua. I've been to Mexico twice and loved it both times. As much as I love hot climates and beaches Scotland is my favorite so far.

Quote:
Having a boat has been yo key to surviving the Utah winters. Without the summer and boating to look forward to, I'm not sure we'd have lasted this long. Seriously though, I am not a cold weather person and neither are the kids. They boarded a few years back but just don't enjoy being cold. They're beach people like me. Poor DH is outnumbered. He loves to board and snowshoe etc....but I think these last two winters have taken their toll on his patience for the cold.
Oh my on the cold winters! I enjoy skiing but am not very good. I'd much rather be at the beach that's for sure. For years now I've wanted to move to FL, family has tethered me so far but it's always in the back if my mind.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #224
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As others said, Toy Story is the first movie's storyline, but they've written some new songs for it. It was a lot of fun! And the Wonder does have Disney Dreams!!

Quote:
Changing Pirate Night say it isn't so! I love Pirate Night!

'Sigh of relief' I just reread that and you said on the Alaska cruise, whew!
I think that's a great move to change pirate night in Alaska - on the cruise last year, it really lost something without the fireworks...

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #225
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
As others said, Toy Story is the first movie's storyline, but they've written some new songs for it. It was a lot of fun! And the Wonder does have Disney Dreams!!

I think that's a great move to change pirate night in Alaska - on the cruise last year, it really lost something without the fireworks...
It totally makes sense to change it for Alaska. Why didn't they do the fireworks?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: