Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

EMH Sept

We haven't stayed on site for a few year and are wondering about using EMH in Sept. We are normally -'Rope Drop & leave when we've had enough' type tourers - but have never used AM EMHs under the belief that they make the parks busier - we don't really 'park-hop' either. We've tried the Eve EMH at MK a few years back and it was packed (can't remember time of year but prob end Aug) so we gave up & went back to the hotel. We really enjoyed eve EMH in AK a few years back, park felt really 'magical' in the dark and was quite empty - also loved EE in dark.

This year as both DS & DD will be off to Uni we're able to take advantage of early Sept low crowds (3rd-12th). So was wondering about trying eve EMH (can't see us getting to parks for 8am) - perhaps one park am, couple of hours at the pool then EMH park late - although there are none scheduled for AK

Has any-one experience of eve EMH in Sept - wonderered if MK will be packed as it closed at 7pm several night for MNSHP. What is HS like - never done EMH there - this is probably our most likely to try. Not sure we'll bother staying late at Epcot as we don't spend a lot of time in World Show case now.

Any advise/thoughts welcome

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

We've done it the last 2 years in a row. We are EMH people and we are park hoppers.

What time in September are you going? As soon as the halloween parties start, everything changes.

EMH in the evening have always been hit and miss and our experience for the most part is that it takes the better part of 90 minutes to 2 hours for the day guests/offsite visitors to make their way out of the park as there are usually many in line for attractions already. Since January they have cut evening EMH from 3 hours to 2 and I am interested to hear reports on how this has changed things.

We do pretty much every EMH during our stay, both morning and evening and what I can say is that at MK from when the party season starts, the park on non party evenings is ridiculously busy - even more so on EMH evenings. The other parks have given more reasonable success.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Yeah that's what I thought about MK - we went on a non-party (& non EMH) evening at the end of Oct last year - and it was so busy it was at the point of dangerous - we went with the intention of spectro magic parade & fireworks only (knew it would be busy!) - which we managed ok, but rides must have been awful. Not sure we'll bother with MK - kids may take a trip though (20 & 18!!)

Think we'll definately try HS eve EMH though as parks have a different feel at night don't they -think we've got water park booked for next day so we can have a lie-in!

Also if we do go ahead with Wild Africa Trek, think I''ll book on the AM EMH day about 10am so we'll do 2 hours in park & then the Trek.

Just feel I want to do some EMHs so I can use another 'benefit' of staying on site

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie B View Post

Think we'll definately try HS eve EMH though as parks have a different feel at night don't they -think we've got water park booked for next day so we can have a lie-in!
You've hit the nail on the head here and this is why we do it.

A lot depends on your expectations. We learned years ago not to go with any. We go there to 'be' at the park, enjoy the atmosphere, a meal or snack, some shows ..... If it turns out dead and you end up staying on RnR for the last 45 minutes riding over and over (yep, that happens too) then bonus.

Morning EMH are the ones to use if you have an agenda of attractions to tick off the list. EMH in the evening are for 'being' as we like to phrase it
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We really enjoy evening EMH due to the feel and look of the park at night
Everything looks so much more magical to me when walking around with all the buildings lit up!

HS is one o our favourite parks to do at night with EMH we go same times as you September into October and have never found HS to be all that busy at night,
We still do MK due to having 3 boys but it does seem busier although I do remember last October riding BTM and SM as walk ons over and over do to us not riding until an hour into the EMH,
The end of the night is when you will get everything done as walk ons, so yes that 1st hour or so might seem busier but you will be rewarded with a pretty much empty park that you can "run" if you wanted to from ride to ride ( perfect for the 18/20 yr olds)

We have never managed to make early EMH yet lol we very much plan now the boys are 10,8,8 to alternate between early mornings an late nights to make the most of the parks!

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Do note that evening EMH have been slashed and now are often 2 hours only. That kind of steals away the empty last hour theory. Early EMH, if you can get up, are a far more effective use of time if short wait times is your first priority. That said, I really like what the parks look like late at night.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
zippy99
DIS Veteran

The morning after the night before....

Arriving for rope drop the morning after EMH have been held at that park. If people have been in MK till the end the night before - they are unlikely to head there first thing the next day...

Just a thought..

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Laszkowicz
Mouseketeer

Hi

Just wondered where I could find the dates for EMH for Nov 2013 ?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #9
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

You will find the park hours on the WDW website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

Expect park hours to change as you get closer to your trip. EMH days usually remain the same however they are prone to extending the hours about a month out.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #10
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I think the benefit of EMH varies family to family. EMH definitely makes the park busier as the day goes on and for the way you're describing your touring pattern, they may not suit you.

We tend to go to the park that has the morning EMH to make the most of the lower crowds, get the headliners done and get out of that park at lunch time. Then we skip over to which every park has the lowest crowd prediction. It works well for us and how we do things, but I don't think it's for everyone.

Having said all that, September is a low crowd period usually so you may not need to maximize the use of EMH.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: