Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #1111
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanybreaux1213
I don't even know where to start!!!!
Tons of info on our Web page. Link in my siggie

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #1112
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Michelle--how can my kids join the Elves FB page? Do they just request to join through the page?
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #1113
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame
Michelle--how can my kids join the Elves FB page? Do they just request to join through the page?
Yes

Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #1114
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

Hey everybody!

WOW - I have been crazy busy and just spend 2 hours catching up on all that I have missed on the Board - awesome stuff.

First - I want that 3 month old boy in the great tux - literally - I want to keep him - sooooooo adorable - could kiss the face off him!!! OMG!!

Also - if the FE group gets split I would like the "kids" one too as Noah is 6 (closer to 7 by trip time).

Would also like the bracelets - 2 adults; 1 youth

I get so excited for the trip reading all these posts - keep it up

We have not booked our tickets yet - about $3000 right now so waiting for a seat sale. We are booked at the POFQ though, but still have lots of work to do for the reservations, etc. Went to Los Cabos for Easter with my mother and sister - had a girls trip; and Tony and I are going to Vegas the end of June - so have been busy with those trips. Noah gets to go to WDW and the DCL to make up for not going on my last 2 trips - poor kid

Will keep a closer eye on the board - sorry for not being so active - but really do want to be a part of everything!!

Glad to hear about all the "life" happening in our group - such an amazing group!!

Now to go check out our link again . . . .
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #1115
brittanybreaux1213
Earning My Ears

What's the weather going to be like?
brittanybreaux1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #1116
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP
Hey everybody!

WOW - I have been crazy busy and just spend 2 hours catching up on all that I have missed on the Board - awesome stuff.

First - I want that 3 month old boy in the great tux - literally - I want to keep him - sooooooo adorable - could kiss the face off him!!! OMG!!

Also - if the FE group gets split I would like the "kids" one too as Noah is 6 (closer to 7 by trip time).

Would also like the bracelets - 2 adults; 1 youth
:
The FE list will be split but not by kids or no kids but by the number you voted on for the FE list amount. I see you didn't vote so to help me out could u please vote on that? As for the bracelets, if you haven't filled out the form for that...please do that...easier to keep track of.. thank you

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 05-09-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #1117
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanybreaux1213 View Post
I have cruised Disney several times in December and January. It's nice to leave the snow at home and whatever weather we have seems wonderful by comparison. There are websites where you can look up average temps and average ocean water temps. December should be pleasant, warm enough for water and beach activities. I do pack a lightweight shortie wetsuit for snorkeling but only had to wear it once when a breezy wind made it feel a little cool when getting out of the water at Castaway Cay. Since it gets dark early at that time of year, prepare for breezy and cooler conditions on deck after 5 or 6 pm in the evenings. My wife would warn you that the temperatures inside the ship can be over air-conditioned and a little cool. She brings some light sweaters and can often be seen with a blanket in the theater. I would say to plan for warm days on the beach, but pack an extra layer just in case.
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #1118
brittanybreaux1213
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKShep View Post

I have cruised Disney several times in December and January. It's nice to leave the snow at home and whatever weather we have seems wonderful by comparison. There are websites where you can look up average temps and average ocean water temps. December should be pleasant, warm enough for water and beach activities. I do pack a lightweight shortie wetsuit for snorkeling but only had to wear it once when a breezy wind made it feel a little cool when getting out of the water at Castaway Cay. Since it gets dark early at that time of year, prepare for breezy and cooler conditions on deck after 5 or 6 pm in the evenings. My wife would warn you that the temperatures inside the ship can be over air-conditioned and a little cool. She brings some light sweaters and can often be seen with a blanket in the theater. I would say to plan for warm days on the beach, but pack an extra layer just in case.
Thank you so much!!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1119
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanybreaux1213 View Post
I had a few minutes today and looked this up.
Here's the average temperatures (in Fahrenheit) for December for the ports we will visit:

Port Canaveral
Air temp: low 53 - high 73

Saint Maarten
Air temp: low 73 - high 84
Ocean temp: 82

Saint Thomas
Air temp: low 74 - high 86
Ocean temp: 82

Castaway Cay
Air temp: low 67 - high 79
Ocean temp: 74

Ocean temps of 82 should be quite comfortable, however at Castaway Cay if the water temperatures are in the mid to low 70s there are some who will feel that is a little cool for swimming, especially if there is a breezy wind blowing. December is less rainy than the fall months, so we should have a decent chance at great weather for the cruise. For those like us, coming from areas where mid December means snow and freezing temperatures, I'm sure we'll have nothing to complain about.
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1120
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Hey everyone!!! Been gone for the weekend!! Sydney had dance competition. They did so well...taking 1st place, overall winners, etc. Very good competition for us.

Just an update on the FE list. They are now split into 2 lists. Make sure you check the lists and see which one u are on. Also please go check your info and in the process of moving some info , please proff read it for me and let me know of any mistakes. Thanks

Old 05-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #1121
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

My information looks good! Thank you Michelle

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #1122
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Hey everyone!!! Been gone for the weekend!! Sydney had dance competition. They did so well...taking 1st place, overall winners, etc. Very good competition for us.

Just an update on the FE list. They are now split into 2 lists. Make sure you check the lists and see which one u are on. Also please go check your info and in the process of moving some info , please proff read it for me and let me know of any mistakes. Thanks
Looks good! WAY TO GO, Sydney!!!! That's awesome! Thank you, Michelle, for all your hard work keeping us organized!!!

The past month has been NUTSO around here and will continue to be that way for two more weeks. I tutor math at a local prep school at night and the students will be off for the summer as of the day after memorial day! It can't come fast enough!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1123
brittanybreaux1213
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post

How do you check the list?
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #1124
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Hi Brittany, You have to go into Michelle's signature and fill out the "join us" form. Then she puts you on the list. Are you going to do the fish extender exchange with us? Lots of fun!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #1125
jmefox
Earning My Ears

4 now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
Hey everybody!

Thanks I tend to thinks hes cute
but he is 4 now!

I am super excited for the cruise, and thanks for the heads up on the a/c I sometimes feel this way even in summer on the boat!
jmefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: