Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #3751
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyz00 View Post
I was just wondering why the lion king section has less amenities than the other sections available at AoA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom0811 View Post
I was thinking that too-is there a big difference?
I'm interpreting this question to mean why isn't there a pool in the LK section?

If that's the question, this is a layout common across the Disney resorts, and especially with their Value resort design. One area will surround a main large pool, there will be one or two smaller (or "quiet") pools, and then at least one section will have no pool but a themed courtyard.

At Pop Century the layout is identical -- the parallel section to LK would be the 70's section, which has no pool but a themed courtyard. Pop has 1 main pool and two smaller pools.

If that's not the question, the LK section/buildings/room suites have the same setup and amenities as the other two suite sections (Nemo and Cars).

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #3752
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

"Family Suite"

We are going to stay at AoA for the first time in August. My kids wanted to stay in Nemo, but it isn't included in the end of summer discounts. The standard "Family Suite" is. If I booked that option rather than choosing Cars or Lion King, could I put a request for Nemo on there an possibly get it, or do you think that they would still put us in either Lion King or Cars becuase we purchased the room with the discount?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #3753
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
We are going to stay at AoA for the first time in August. My kids wanted to stay in Nemo, but it isn't included in the end of summer discounts. The standard "Family Suite" is. If I booked that option rather than choosing Cars or Lion King, could I put a request for Nemo on there an possibly get it, or do you think that they would still put us in either Lion King or Cars becuase we purchased the room with the discount?
My guess would be, since Nemo is so popular you will get LK or Cars. But no harm in trying, right?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #3754
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

I was thinking the same thing. Just because a room is unavailable during FD doesn't mean they are completely booked. So long as the Finding Nemo suites are available for your dates, there's no harm in trying.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #3755
ARmom30
Mouseketeer

I don't really have anything to add except that I will be checking in at AofA in 27 days! Myself, my mom, DS17, DS6,DS4 months(!) and my niece who is 9 will be there for 6 nights in the Lion King section. This was a request from DS6 who will celebrate his 7th birthday while we are there.
Eli
Tebow
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #3756
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121
It's official! Booked the AoA part of my split stay in September! Only a split stay because I really couldn't justify spending an extra couple hundred dollars for the first two nights when it's just me and my brother to stay in a suite...so we're going to spend the first two nights at Pop and then when my cousin flies in we'll skip across the lake over to AoA and check into our Lion King Suite! WOO HOO!!! 2 nights at Pop and 5 nights at AoA!

Can you tell I'm excited?
Did you get free dining?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #3757
bella2117
Mouseketeer

Is anyone staying in the nemo suites last week of sept that got free dining? I had zero luck.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #3758
bubbapeanut
Earning My Ears

Checking into AOA tomorrow!!!! Cars suites! Me, DH, DS5, DD1. So excited! I'll post back and let y'all know what I think as soon as I get a chance!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #3759
disneymom0811
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapeanut View Post
Checking into AOA tomorrow!!!! Cars suites! Me, DH, DS5, DD1. So excited! I'll post back and let y'all know what I think as soon as I get a chance!
Yay, enjoy your trip
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #3760
sug78
Mouseketeer

We got back on Sunday from our 2 week trip to AoA. Our flight arrived at 6:30am- there were no LM rooms available right away so they offered to upgrade us to a finding nemo suite for free. I couldn't take their offer though- I have a little girl who loves Ariel and we have been waiting for those rooms to open!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #3761
PrincessLilysMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sug78 View Post
We got back on Sunday from our 2 week trip to AoA. Our flight arrived at 6:30am- there were no LM rooms available right away so they offered to upgrade us to a finding nemo suite for free. I couldn't take their offer though- I have a little girl who loves Ariel and we have been waiting for those rooms to open!
We are arriving Monday around 9am and requested to have our LM room early. Is it typical for them to offer to upgrade you for free if a room is not available yet?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #3762
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLilysMommy View Post
We are arriving Monday around 9am and requested to have our LM room early. Is it typical for them to offer to upgrade you for free if a room is not available yet?
No it's not.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #3763
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLilysMommy View Post
Highly unusual!! Rooms aren't 'technically' ready until 3pm. So, the only reason I can come up with for them offering that upgrade was that they had oversold the LM rooms!!! They made the offer hoping that someone would take the suite and leave a LM open for someone else.
I'm going down in 3 weeks, and while I would love to stay in a suite, my dd loves LM, and that's why I booked a LM room for our last two nights!!! No way would I make the change!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #3764
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

I got my first pin code yesterday (yay!!!)...I think or it's the first one I've ever paid attention to and of course LM room is not covered in the free dining. How often does Disney send out pin codes?

I'm not going to WDW this year so it's OK, but I am going in May and I'm hoping I can get some kind of room discount when the packages come out even on the LM rooms. The pin code would be such a good deal if we were to stay at POP this year. Wow. Nice!

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *WDW Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #3765
bubbapeanut
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom0811 View Post

Yay, enjoy your trip
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: