Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #1021
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea817 View Post
Though I have not stayed at POP, I'm under the impression they have only ONE bus stop wait area which is in the front of the hotel, which means everyone must travel to that one bus stop to wait for transportation making it much busier. At CSR there is multiple! It's very helpful because basically anywhere you are on resort property, you are close by transportation. If your in El Centro eating breakfast, just go to bus stop 1! If you are in your room and ready to hit the parks, there will be a bus stop close by your building! Personally, I find it very convenient and it's a huge reason we just recently upgraded our reservations from POP to CSR!
Thanks! That is a good point. I guess I see it more like all the stops make it longer but since only a few people are at each stop maybe its about the same. I also would think having convention goers would make buses less crowded too.

Thanks to everyone posting pictures! I love to see them! I haven't decided where I am staying yet but I have time. I have subscribed and will be following along!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #1022
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea817 View Post
Though I have not stayed at POP, I'm under the impression they have only ONE bus stop wait area which is in the front of the hotel, which means everyone must travel to that one bus stop to wait for transportation making it much busier. At CSR there is multiple! It's very helpful because basically anywhere you are on resort property, you are close by transportation. If your in El Centro eating breakfast, just go to bus stop 1! If you are in your room and ready to hit the parks, there will be a bus stop close by your building! Personally, I find it very convenient and it's a huge reason we just recently upgraded our reservations from POP to CSR!
POP is our favorite value resort altho we are cheating on it next month and staying at CSR!
The buses at POP load in front of the main building(which is not a long walk from any of the buildings) with a separate waiting area for each park. Never saw the area too 'busy' except maybe in the mornings for the first bus but usually not too bad. We always drive & usually park in the main lot right across from the main building so we go by the bus stop a lot.

Book Challenge Goal 72/72

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #1023
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-DISNEY View Post
Can someone tell me if a half gallon of milk will fit in the fridge? Can I take the shelves out? We are ordering from Garden Grocer and not sure what will fit. Any help would be appreciated. Also first time using Garden Grocer but have read many nice reviews of them. Can't wait to get to CSR! 22 days and counting!
It's possible a half gallon will fit when taking out the shelves. But I am not 100% certain. It is a standard dorm fridge. If you are staying business class you can get little school milks "to go". Garden grocer might be able to answer that question for you. I wish I was going back in 22 days. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
We are considering a stay at CSR next year. I am going back and forth between a preferred room and business class. We have stayed at CBR in preferred rooms. I like the proximity to the "food court". Traveling on the bus doesn't bother me, but a full bus and having to wait for a second bus does.

Do you (or anyone for that matter ) think we may be better off in a preferred location for bus #2 vs. business class?
Business class stop/main front is bus stop 1. It is actually the last stop of 4 around the resort. I stayed in April and a few trips we were standing room only. Depending when you go you might be better off in the preferred rooms if you don't want a crowded/standing bus. It takes about 5 minutes to get around the resort from bus stop 2 /3/4 to 1.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #1024
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-DISNEY View Post
Can someone tell me if a half gallon of milk will fit in the fridge? Can I take the shelves out? We are ordering from Garden Grocer and not sure what will fit. Any help would be appreciated. Also first time using Garden Grocer but have read many nice reviews of them. Can't wait to get to CSR! 22 days and counting!
You can fit 3 half gallon containers, milk/OJ etc, on the door. Or you can take the shelf out and it will fit in the main compartment. Check out post #2 of this thread for a picture of the inside of the fridge for reference.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #1025
JustMinnie
The TF's notice everyone and everything...

We've finally hit single digits!! Because we're driving down, we leave 7 days from tomorrow, arriving in 8! Can't wait. And so excited about staying at CSR again, its been awhile.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #1026
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

I'm getting excited! We leave in 59 days. Never stayed anywhere but ASMo or PoP. Oh and The Disney Inn when I was little
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 05-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #1027
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Ooooo ... so excited for BOTH of you!!! Enjoy!

I have no ticker

Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #1028
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikster1 View Post
Business class stop/main front is bus stop 1. It is actually the last stop of 4 around the resort. I stayed in April and a few trips we were standing room only. Depending when you go you might be better off in the preferred rooms if you don't want a crowded/standing bus. It takes about 5 minutes to get around the resort from bus stop 2 /3/4 to 1.
I don't mind crowded or standing....I hate waiting for the second bus to come. We will be going in the summer, so it will be crowded. I am going to have to think about this one. Thank you so much for the info!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #1029
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
I don't mind crowded or standing....I hate waiting for the second bus to come. We will be going in the summer, so it will be crowded. I am going to have to think about this one. Thank you so much for the info!
CSR is very centrally located and with the exception of DTD the bus rides are very short so I don't find standing that big of a deal.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #1030
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Recieved a PIN code for FD for dates from Aug to Dec so this pretty much assures another December CSR vacation for us! The FD deal works out to a great value for us, as long as they keep giving us FD we'll probably keep going!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #1031
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Recieved a PIN code for FD for dates from Aug to Dec so this pretty much assures another December CSR vacation for us! The FD deal works out to a great value for us, as long as they keep giving us FD we'll probably keep going!
I got one too! But I doubt I'll be able to fund another visit.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #1032
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I got one too! But I doubt I'll be able to fund another visit.
Congrats on the pins... But I'm bumming, I haven't received one yet.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #1033
3TinksandPeter
All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust

Hi everyone! We are joining the CSR family! Leaving in 14 days for our very first stay there. Been to WDW many times, but never stayed at a moderate. Excited and nervous - hope the size of the resort and the very large convention that will be there at the same time doesn't affect our stay. But the theming looks beautiful - can't wait!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #1034
Aquatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMinnie View Post
We've finally hit single digits!! Because we're driving down, we leave 7 days from tomorrow, arriving in 8! Can't wait. And so excited about staying at CSR again, its been awhile.
Us, too. We've hit the single digits! Leaving in 8 days arriving in 9. We're very excited! It's DD5 and my first visit to WDW and DH's second. Looking forward to staying at the Coronado.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1035
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksandPeter View Post
Hi everyone! We are joining the CSR family! Leaving in 14 days for our very first stay there. Been to WDW many times, but never stayed at a moderate. Excited and nervous - hope the size of the resort and the very large convention that will be there at the same time doesn't affect our stay. But the theming looks beautiful - can't wait!
You will LOVE it ! The grounds are so pretty, we looked forward to our morning walk for coffee. Have a grand vacation.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: