Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #1111
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
She opted for Hawaii.

She was really wanting the pulled pork slider.
Sounds like an excellent choice to me.

Quote:
And since it is rude to make someone drink alone, i opted for a big wave golden ale.
Way to take one for the team!

I've had Kona's Pipeline Porter before. That's a good one.

Quote:
and here so much about there food on the people who eat at lecellier we had to try some to see what all the fuss was about ehhh.
Mmmm...cheese soup...

Quote:
now onto the next amazing dish that you hear so much about when people visit.

the cheese soup

i thought it was really good, noelle liked it as well.

candi also really enjoyed it, parker didnt care to try it.

was it the best i have had, it was up there, but best ever, would now go to the moosejaws beer cheese soup i had on the trip last month up to the dells, that was a world class beer cheese soup.
Too bad they didn't serve you the pretzel bread with it. That really completes it.

Quote:
we really liked these different beer coaster sets they offered but just took pictures this time and passed on them.

they sell them in individual 25 packs or all 100 of them you can get for the price of 2 and a half of the 25 packs, so a better deal to be had.
Those are cool. I don't remember seeing them before. Maybe I need to pay more attention in the gift shops.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #1112
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Glad you were able to move Parker’s party indoors.
Ooh I like the bunk bed in the resort.
The coaster did look like of Primevel Whirl.
The video of the ride looked like fun.
LOL. The moose car.
Cute dolls she got.
I love boat rides at Disney.
Looked like a nice time with Chip n’ Dale.
Love front row on Soarin’. I always ask for it. LOl
We always go right when we enter World Showcase.
Cute pics with Duffy.
Glad Parker enjoyed Grand Fiesta Tour.
Nice riding Soarin’ three times.
The red dots look like something else. ROTF
Oh I love that soup from Canada. I make it at home and it is so good.
I am all caught up. Fun updates and pics.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #1113
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up again.

That sandwich in Hawaii looks absolutely yummy. I do love pork so that is right up my alley.

I must say Candi's Mai Tai looks very good too.

I wish Canada would have a counter service area where you could just get the soup and the pretzel bread. As much as we used to love eating there, our last visit was very disappointing and, now that we have found Yachtsman Steakhouse, we won't be going back to LeCellier.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #1114
cherbear
DIS Veteran

love how Noelle warmed up to the characters!

I wonder if all the items with the DP logo next to them on the F&W boards are considered snack credits? I noticed one dish was close to $6. (Would not be worth using a QS credit for, but that would be a fantastic deal if it's a snack credit!)

Nice choice on the beer! If you ever get a chance to try the Abita Harvest (strawberry beer, it's seasonal) definitely give it a shot. I live only 20 minutes from the Abita Brewery

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #1115
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Love Duffy. We actually had a great encounter with our son during our trip. He got on the ground and hugged my son. I have never seen a character do that before.

F&W is looking good. Looks like the prices in Canada keep going up!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #1116
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Glad you were able to move Parkers party indoors.
LOL. The moose car.
Cute dolls she got.
Looked like a nice time with Chip n Dale.
Love front row on Soarin. I always ask for it. LOl
Cute pics with Duffy.
Nice riding Soarin three times.
Scott!! Recipe??????? PLEASE share!! That soup is to die for! I need to figure out how to make the pretzel bread too

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #1117
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Love your TR! Your kiddos are adorable!
I really enjoyed the mushroom filet at Le Cellier last time we went. Might have to try that soup next time!

Trip Report: Missing Mardi Gras to meet Anna and Elsa!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #1118
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
I've lurked my way through your report, but it's time to come play! Love your pics of everything and your family. I am absolutely pining to go to a F&W Festival, but it will have to wait as I'm a teacher and I can't take an extended vacation during that time. I'll take an extended weekend at some point, but my LOs haven't been to Disney at all (well, DS isn't even born yet! ) so the first time we take them it will be for a week.
thanks for coming out of lurkdom and joining in.

im hoping with parker starting school the teachers will be cool with us sometimes taking him out for a week or so. but we will see how it goes.

do you mind if kids take off of school for vacation?

congrats on the new addition that is on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
thanks - saw about the free dining, but that does not overlap with our trip. We are staying off site via time share anyway

We did have the dining plan once and being able to use snack credits at the booths is just tremendous
i enjoy the dinning plan when it is free but doesnt seem to make sense to pay for it, no where near as good of a value as it was when they started it.

maybe with it not over lapping your trip it will keep your crowds down somewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Love the stroll around WS. I will be doing that soon enough.

The filet sample I had was good but for a snack credit ....

The chicken souvlaki was okay in Greece. Nothing extraordinary.

Can't wait to see where you went next.
i do admit it was a great deal for the snack credit...im glad we had all those credits as paying 4-6 bucks for a just a few bites of food i would not have tried as many if we did not have that option.

thanks for the info on the chicken in greece i will file it away for a future trip.

hmm, i loved my next "dish" candi not so much.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #1119
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
She likes to rub it in, doesn't she?

Reliving F&W makes me so excited to be going back in October. I am literally halfway there.

Looks like everyone in your clan enjoyed their F&W noshing.
yeah she stinks that way, going 8 times a year.

dont think we will get to hit F and Wine again till we go without the kids, unless the teachers are cool with the kids getting pulled out, awesome you get to go back in october...and it is getting pretty close. by the time you are done with your TR, it should be even closer, great thing about reports helps to bridge the time between trips.

everyone except parker, he didnt want anything from any booth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Your walk around WS looks great. Lots of great food to try.

The one that was questionable to me was in the dessert section. It said Chocolate Mouse with Chilli and Caramel. What a strange combo
thats funny, i didnt even read that on the menu till you pointed it out...i wonder how that did taste? i wish i saw it as i will eat anything chili,

has anyone here tried that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Catching up on your tr. Love the dolls for Noelle and we carried our dd on to a few rides too on our first trip and she ended up loving them too. We are going on our second trip this year and our dates are almost exactly the dates you had Sept 24 - Oct 5.
glad she liked the rides after you took her on them.

is this the first time you have been then?
did you qualify for the free dinning dates they announced?

that is a great time to go.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #1120
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Excellent choices! I really wanted to try that sandwich but wasn't hungry when we were there. VERY nice of you not to make Candi drink alone

There is always next time! I'll need to get the fillet and the cheese soup next time. That sausage and polenta was darn good I must say.
im glad you agree with me on it just being "rude" to let someone drink alone.

why stop at just a few, next time, i plan to order the filet, the soup, the sausage, and a moosehead beer to wash it all down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Great F&W updates!!! Teaching doesn't lend itself to taking time off during the festival but..maybe I will be..."out sick" one of these years...

Please tell Candi that I absolutely ADORE her shirt and I need one for myself...where oh where did she get that Minnie shirt?!

"The Incident"...

I have a friend who's DH is a Disney lover...however...he has some strange aversion to Duffy Bear. He always says, "Mickey Mouse has never needed to carry a teddy bear before...why does he need one now?!?!" I think Duffy is adorable, so my friend and I always have a laugh when Duffy is out for M&Gs, because her DH starts grumbling about it.
lay the groundwork a few days ahead of time saying you are starting to feel under the weather, then bam, your gone "out sick" for 7 days, just dont tell your co workers where you went, unless you give them a doctor note that suggests you need to go to a warm place to feel better.

it is funny how some people like duffy and others are Really Really against him, of course it is all just a disney ploy to get you to buy another character thing for your kids, but thats okay, i like the bear.

ohh the shirt, im pretty sure we got it at the disney store a few years ago for her. but i could be way off.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #1121
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sounds like an excellent choice to me.

Way to take one for the team!

I've had Kona's Pipeline Porter before. That's a good one.
our local stores have started to stock there beers so we have been able to make variety packs of all there offerings, and they are all pretty good.

kona longboard is still prob in the lead though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Mmmm...cheese soup...

Too bad they didn't serve you the pretzel bread with it. That really completes it.

Those are cool. I don't remember seeing them before. Maybe I need to pay more attention in the gift shops.
hmm, i would have liked to try that, i am a fan of pretzel bread, wonder if they would bring that out to the booths? but maybe not for fear it would get hard to quick and not store as well as some of hte other dishes.

we usually never go in gift shops, this day we went in the most we have ever been to but mostly because it revolved around the kid cot stations or because the weather turned a little bit...i would like to explore them more in the future but will just have to see how the kids like that plan.

Quote:
Glad you were able to move Parker’s party indoors.
LOL. The moose car.
Cute dolls she got.
thanks scott, it was a really fun trip, i was glad to have the water camera to catch more things that we normally would not have pictures of.

Quote:
Looked like a nice time with Chip n’ Dale.
Love front row on Soarin’. I always ask for it. LOl
Cute pics with Duffy.
we always ask for front row of soarin as well, the view is much better that way.

that because you like to be closer to your grey goose slushie

Quote:
Nice riding Soarin’ three times.
someone else texted me and said that about the dots, i didnt even notice it, but it is funny now that i looked for it.

care to share the soup recipe? where did you get it from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm caught up again.

That sandwich in Hawaii looks absolutely yummy. I do love pork so that is right up my alley.

I must say Candi's Mai Tai looks very good too.

I wish Canada would have a counter service area where you could just get the soup and the pretzel bread. As much as we used to love eating there, our last visit was very disappointing and, now that we have found Yachtsman Steakhouse, we won't be going back to LeCellier.
it was good pork, not tough at all.

it was very good i just had a very small sip as i knew she loved it and didnt want to take too much away from her.

i have never eaten at either so i cant compare them.

what was the major factor for you to switch over.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #1122
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
love how Noelle warmed up to the characters!

I wonder if all the items with the DP logo next to them on the F&W boards are considered snack credits? I noticed one dish was close to $6. (Would not be worth using a QS credit for, but that would be a fantastic deal if it's a snack credit!)

Nice choice on the beer! If you ever get a chance to try the Abita Harvest (strawberry beer, it's seasonal) definitely give it a shot. I live only 20 minutes from the Abita Brewery
yep everything with that little logo is the snack credit logo...the filet was $6.50 and a snack credit so very worth it.

if you notice on the desert booth each individual item was $1.50 or one snack credit, the tri of snacks was something like $4.00 or 1 snack credit, so if using a credit it is a no brainer to get the sample for the same price.

going to the festival with all those snack credits is really nice, only thing we paid for was the booze but we had gift cards from birthdays etc...so it was pretty much like getting it all for free.

that sounds like a good beer, when is that seasonal? in the fall? i looked it up and seems our store has it less than a mile away...will look for it.
thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Love Duffy. We actually had a great encounter with our son during our trip. He got on the ground and hugged my son. I have never seen a character do that before.

F&W is looking good. Looks like the prices in Canada keep going up!
thats awesome i love when the characters take extra time to do fun stuff like that, really makes a great memory

i never saw the prices before so not sure how much they went up, was it a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post
Love your TR! Your kiddos are adorable!
I really enjoyed the mushroom filet at Le Cellier last time we went. Might have to try that soup next time!
thanks for joining in, and for the comments.

thing i really liked about the soup is that it was not really heavy, so it was great for the florida weather.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #1123
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks for coming out of lurkdom and joining in.

im hoping with parker starting school the teachers will be cool with us sometimes taking him out for a week or so. but we will see how it goes.

do you mind if kids take off of school for vacation?

congrats on the new addition that is on the way.
Thanks for the congrats! Life is going to get crazy soon!!

I teach high school, so my kids going on vacation is different than if you pulled Parker for a week. It can be tough to gather everything they'll need if they ask for work to bring, then finding dates for them to make up missed tests and quizzes is another issue. But it gets worked out and the disciplined students do what they need to do to get everything done.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #1124
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

what was the major factor for you to switch over.
A combination of things. The ambiance is much better at Yachtsman; the service much better, and the steak much better. LeCellier, when they went signature, I found the quality of the food to go down, you couldn't make substitutions like you used to. Just was not a pleasant last experience at LC.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #1125
estherhead
DIS Veteran

We are going to the Boardwalk in August and just decided to book a day before at Art of Animation. Your pictures reassured me we made the right choice. It looks fantastic!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: