Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Ceryssa
Mouseketeer

Worth the time to do 2 TS in HS?

None of the counter service options seem really appealing (I've seen this from a number of people so I'm guessing it's a common problem), so I was thinking about doing both Sci-Fi and 50s Prime Time. But is this going to cut too much time out of our day? We will only have the one day in HS, and I kind of wanted to stay in the park for dinner so we could catch Fantasmic. It's our first trip so we've never seen it, would it be better to suck it up and eat a counter service for one of the meals, stick with the 2 TS plan, or eat outside the park for dinner and miss Fantasmic? Thanks for any suggestions
Ceryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Part of it will depend on how much you want to do in DHS. If you want to do "everything", then it'll probably suck up too much time. If you're the type that only needs half a day in DHS to "do everything you want", then it'll work.

Figure ~80 minutes per meal (20 to wait, 60 to eat) and see how much time you're left with.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Personally I agree with you. I only do TS at Hollywood Studios if I can. However we're doing the Fantasmic Dining package for one of our meals. We're going during a busy time so we'll be able to get seats to Fantasmic that night.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
blairzo
Earning My Ears

The absolute best meal of my trip last month was at Hollywood Brown Derby in HS!!! Totally worth 2 credits, IMO! Plus, you can do the Fantasmic dining package with it.

Nov. '12: POP April '13 POR Nov. '13 ASMo May '14 POP
blairzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
Ceryssa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Part of it will depend on how much you want to do in DHS. If you want to do "everything", then it'll probably suck up too much time. If you're the type that only needs half a day in DHS to "do everything you want", then it'll work.

Figure ~80 minutes per meal (20 to wait, 60 to eat) and see how much time you're left with.
I guess I need to figure that out...I haven't been to Disney since before HS opened. The only thing I know for sure are must-dos are Toy Story Mania and the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows. We will have our DDs 6 & 8 with us, so thrill rides may be hit or miss with at least one of them.
Ceryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

Honestly, we've never had much trouble getting everything done in one day at HS, and we did do a TS meal while we were there. It does depend on everything you want to do- you may want to do things that we didn't, but there wasn't a whole lot that we missed. I would just keep in mind that doing two TS meals will probably take about 3 hours out of your day.

I've heard great things about both places. The themes at both restaurants are awesome, and I will say from my own experience that the food at 50's Prime Time was really good. We enjoyed our meal there a lot.

Peachkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

As long as you're planning on getting there at rope drop or soon after and staying through the day, I think you'll be fine. The two TS meals should be enough down time to recharge you for the park. Just be sure to space them out enough that you're hungry for both.

With that said, we've never had a bad QS at HS. I've never understood why people dislike it so much. Fairfax Fare has BBQ that is almost as good at Flametree and certainly as good as Cosmic Rays at MK. Min & Bill's Dockside is one of our favorites...pretzel dogs and Italian sausage hoagies are both good, but beware the pretzel dog has mustard in it. Pizza Planet and Catalina Eddies has the same pizza/salad that all the pizza places in WDW have...it's not Pizza Hut, but it's good enough. Rosie's All American has the same burgers. So while there isn't anything unique, there are places to eat QS.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Sci-Fi is really fun, it's more fun that eating counter service, I would keep it and consider it entertainment.

Me & DH
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: