Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #3211
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The only negative to the upper floors is the obvious one: stairs. If you've some physical impediment, or you have smalls kids and strollers, the ground floor is easier.

Andre
Guessing the elevators are so efficient? I don't mind a couple of flights of stairs as long as I can use an elevator to get the luggage in and out.

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Old 05-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #3212
Lauramarc1
Earning My Ears

My family will be staying at POR in 27 days!! CAN'T WAIT!!

I've seen some posts about "mickey mail" and have a question. We booked a package through Southwest (ABSOLUTLY A HUGE MISTAKE, IT'S BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!) and was wondering if we will still receive a packet of information either from them or Disney?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #3213
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post

Guessing the elevators are so efficient? I don't mind a couple of flights of stairs as long as I can use an elevator to get the luggage in and out.
There aren't any elevators that i know of on the AB side, only at the mansions.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #3214
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post

So the only buildings with elevators are the mansions? That would be nice for me because I could pick a seconds floor room and not worry about our overhead neighbors.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 18-23, 2014 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #3215
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymankeith View Post
I have read a lot of people request the 2nd floor. Is there a reason why? I would think people would want 1st. Is the view better? Thanks.
I always request top floor because I don't like to hear people above me. I was in AB section May 1st through 5th and it was wonderfully quiet. But on checkout day hauling my luggage down those stairs had me wishing I'd requested first floor.
Either that or wish that I was smart enough to schedule Bell Services help. But nope, that didn't even occur to me until I stood at the top of the stairs with my 48 lb. large luggage.
At least I got my excercise that day.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #3216
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
What I did notice is how many people slam the stinkin' door!
I don't think it's always deliberate - those doors & springs are heavy, and if you just left them shut on their own (or even worse if you let them slam onto that hinged metal locking-plate device) then they tend to shut pretty heavily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Does anyone know if there are rooms facing the water wheel, and what section would that be?
Well there are a few rooms that you can see the water wheel from, but at something of a distance and at a rather oblique angle:

You could always ask though, but don't get your hopes up for a good view of it. There are some rooms in Alligator Bayou wish views from the other side, but again very much sideways on.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #3217
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I am thinking people expect the 2nd floor to be quieter, at least in the Bayou section. No guests stomping on the floor above you. I am one that will be requesting ground floor because I have a stomper.
Thank You! If only others were that considerate!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #3218
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Staying at POR in Sept. for the first time. We usually stay at a deluxe but this is an impromptu trip in honor of free dining and DH said go mod or stay home LOL. Looking forward to reading this thread. We booked a preferred room and it is just the two of us going. Looks like a gorgeous resort..can't wait!

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #3219
justthe2ofus
Earning My Ears

pirate adventure

Hi everyone. My daughter and I will be arriving to Disney World for the first time on June 10th. We are stayimg at POR for 7 nights and cannot wait.

Has anyone booked the Pirate Adventure for their children? If so, did they enjoy it? Would you recommend it for a nine year old girl?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #3220
Minnie404
Earning My Ears

Just returned from our 7 night vacation to Port Orleans. Thanks to everyone especially Andre and Venom for all of the help.

Had a fantastic time. Kids loved the pool-especially the water slide. We were in a royal room standard view. I requested a corner room and top floor and received both. The kids loved the fireworks on the bed. The details in the Royal Room is amazing.

We did have a car since I got such a great deal. We did the busses once on our last day to MK and it took awhile to get there since there was a line for the bus when we got there that am. Coming back there was a huge line and we were super tired so we decided to get on French Quarters bus and we walked it. Not sure if it was quicker or not but the walk wasn't far and there weren't too many people on that bus compared to the riversides busses. It is a very large resort so they do have a lot of people to get to the parks and back so I'm glad we had the car this past week.

Everything at the resort was great-mousekeeping, check in, etc. Never ate at Boatwrights but did eat at the food court a few times and the food was good.

You will definitely have a great time at this resort. We primarily have stayed at value resorts so it was nice to stay at a moderate for once. Definitely like the fact that the beds are bigger and more comfortable compared to the values.

Happy Disney Vacations!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #3221
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

If you have purchases sent back to the resort from the parks where do you pick them up? Do you go to the resort gift shop? We will be away from the resort a lot during the hours that the gift shop is opened.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #3222
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
If you have purchases sent back to the resort from the parks where do you pick them up? Do you go to the resort gift shop? We will be away from the resort a lot during the hours that the gift shop is opened.
Yes, the gift shop is where I've picked up purchases.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #3223
j2thomason
Mouseketeer

I got three different Mickey mails today!! The first was just the vacation planning DVD. Then I got two envelopes from my travel agent. One for my Disneyland trip with my daughter for her graduation gift leaving in 18 days. The second one was for my POR trip with my mom and my daughter in 31 days. I just got back Sunday from my daughters band trip to WDW. Three Disney trips in 6 weeks.....wahoo!!!

WDW preview center 1971, WDW 20 times, DL 3 times, Disney Cruise 1 time, DL Paris 1 time, Upcoming: MK, AK & DHS May 1-5, DL & DCA May 27-31, MK June 12
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #3224
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
Hi everyone. My daughter and I will be arriving to Disney World for the first time on June 10th. We are stayimg at POR for 7 nights and cannot wait.

Has anyone booked the Pirate Adventure for their children? If so, did they enjoy it? Would you recommend it for a nine year old girl?
My DD is also 9 and she's looking forward to the Pirate Cruise.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #3225
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie404 View Post
Just returned from our 7 night vacation to Port Orleans. Thanks to everyone especially Andre and Venom for all of the help.

Had a fantastic time. Kids loved the pool-especially the water slide. We were in a royal room standard view. I requested a corner room and top floor and received both. The kids loved the fireworks on the bed. The details in the Royal Room is amazing.

We did have a car since I got such a great deal. We did the busses once on our last day to MK and it took awhile to get there since there was a line for the bus when we got there that am. Coming back there was a huge line and we were super tired so we decided to get on French Quarters bus and we walked it. Not sure if it was quicker or not but the walk wasn't far and there weren't too many people on that bus compared to the riversides busses. It is a very large resort so they do have a lot of people to get to the parks and back so I'm glad we had the car this past week.

Everything at the resort was great-mousekeeping, check in, etc. Never ate at Boatwrights but did eat at the food court a few times and the food was good.

You will definitely have a great time at this resort. We primarily have stayed at value resorts so it was nice to stay at a moderate for once. Definitely like the fact that the beds are bigger and more comfortable compared to the values.

Happy Disney Vacations!!
We have also booked a standard RR. I'm glad you liked your location. Can you tell me where you actually were? I've been debating what request I will make once I go in August.

Ok, so is it true that if we are staying at a Disney resort the parking is free at the parks?

Glad you had a nice trip!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: