Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
iceprincesskcl
Mouseketeer

BOG w/o Reservation

Hey folks!

Not sure if anyone has asked this as I've scoured the threads and not found an answer! I have been trying with NO LUCK to get an ADR at BOG and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with walk ups for dinner!!!!

Thanks so much

Krista

iceprincesskcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprincesskcl View Post
Hey folks!

Not sure if anyone has asked this as I've scoured the threads and not found an answer! I have been trying with NO LUCK to get an ADR at BOG and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with walk ups for dinner!!!!

Thanks so much

Krista
A few have reported success, especially right at open.
The odds are very low, but there is a slim chance there will be a cancellation.
Good Luck
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

I would say keep trying to get a ressie! I snagged one today for the exact time and date I wanted- and I'm 128 days out.

I actually bookmarked the site and checked several times a day (I work at my computer all day so it was easy for me) until something popped up.
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Very, very slim chances and in my opinion not worth the hour or so of your time to be constanting checking with the CM's. They will not take your name and notify you in the event of no shows.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Looks like you'll be there next week. On Mother's Day I doubt they'll be taking walk ups. For the rest of the week - maybe - but there's no way of knowing. When we were there in March the CMs at the check in podium were telling the many walk ups to keep checking back during the evening. I don't know if anyone got lucky.

In the meantime you can keep checking online, check with the concierge at your resort and at guest relations in the park.

If you can't get in for dinner, have you considered lunch? It's counter service so no reservations, but you'll have to line up on the bridge. The entrees are different from dinner, but the desserts are identical. Also, you'll be able to walk around and see the rooms.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

I think the system works in a weird way...

I was on the website exactly 180 days out from the beginning of my reservation. No luck. It just so happened that I had a question about something else & called. After getting my info, I asked if there was any chance for BOG. Not only was there a chance, but I had 3 different times to choose from!!

Now I can't swear to this, but it seems that I read some where that they allot the reservations. I.E. so many per website, call center, concierge, etc...

So don't be afraid to try all the options!! I wish you luck!!! Please keep us posted on your success.
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post
I think the system works in a weird way...

Now I can't swear to this, but it seems that I read some where that they allot the reservations. I.E. so many per website, call center, concierge, etc...

I think there is definitely a weird working of the ADR system. I noticed that if it said "call to book" there was available times, even though my Disney Experience had nothing. Also, I had better luck with the website vs ipad app....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I think there is definitely a weird working of the ADR system. I noticed that if it said "call to book" there was available times, even though my Disney Experience had nothing. Also, I had better luck with the website vs ipad app....
When in doubt call. The new disney dining online system has been plagued by bugs since they rolled it out. To paraphrase Forrest Gump: Disney Dining Online is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're going to get.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. On the night of our ADR they were turning walkups away. When we were passing by a couple of nights later they were doing the same thing.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

I would also consider going there for lunch.

We made our hotel reservation at the end of January for a trip in mid-march so all tables were booked for us. We decided to try for lunch and we waited less than 30 minutes.

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Go up right when they open for dinner, and ask. You could be lucky, some people have been. But you should expect to be turned away. The good news is that lunch is counter-service and if you just want to see the restaurant, you can go for lunch anytime.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
JESSketeer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
I would say keep trying to get a ressie! I snagged one today for the exact time and date I wanted- and I'm 128 days out.

I actually bookmarked the site and checked several times a day (I work at my computer all day so it was easy for me) until something popped up.
Congrats! We're 126 days out and havent been able to get anything!!!!! What day were you able to get the ADR for?

JESSketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears

My husband and I booked our BOG ressie 180 days out but then had to change our dates due to the free dining pin so we lost the reservation. My husband called this afternoon to see of there was anything for our new week (after I checked online) and there wasn't anything but there was for the day after we were supposed to check out so he booked the reservation and added a day to our trip because he knew how bad I wanted to go for lunch and dinner what a good hubby!!
PrincessRebekah82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRebekah82 View Post
My husband and I booked our BOG ressie 180 days out but then had to change our dates due to the free dining pin so we lost the reservation. My husband called this afternoon to see of there was anything for our new week (after I checked online) and there wasn't anything but there was for the day after we were supposed to check out so he booked the reservation and added a day to our trip because he knew how bad I wanted to go for lunch and dinner what a good hubby!!
Aww!! That is so awesome!! I'm taking my beau for a week in December. I'm trying to get him excited, but I think he's only doing it b/c I'm so addicted to WDW. I'm hoping to convert him. Coming across examples like yours give me hope for a successful conversion!
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post

Aww!! That is so awesome!! I'm taking my beau for a week in December. I'm trying to get him excited, but I think he's only doing it b/c I'm so addicted to WDW. I'm hoping to convert him. Coming across examples like yours give me hope for a successful conversion!
My hubby hadn't even been to Disney before we went together in 2010. Now he tells me all the time that I have made him an addict ha ha.
PrincessRebekah82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #15
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSketeer View Post

Congrats! We're 126 days out and havent been able to get anything!!!!! What day were you able to get the ADR for?
Sept 15th at 6:40- our first day in the parks! I was SO excited to see it pop up- I may or may not have danced around my office for a few minutes.
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: