Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
spritna
Mouseketeer

Question on buses in the morning

I asked this in the POP thread with no answer. We have a chef mickey adr for breakfast at 7:10am, the same day Animal kingdom has extra morning hours which would be 7-8 am. Will we be ok to count on the busses to start at 6am?
If the busses start at 6 will the monorails be running also? (Pop to epcot or magic kingdom then monorail to adr) TIA

Last edited by spritna; 05-09-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
spritna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Pop to MK..it's a short walk...from the bus stop..I have no idea as to when the monorail starts...good luck and happy eating
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
flamark
Mouseketeer

Early Buses(busses?)

To my recollection, buses run starting 2 hours before a park opens. To get from POP to the Contemporary at that time, my opinion as to the fastest way to get there on a bus would be to take the bus to AK and then turn right around and get on the bus going from AK to the Contemporary. IF the buses start at 5am for EMH, and you leave your room at 5am then you should have enough time to get to your ADR. If you have a car or the extra hour of sleep is important to you, I would recommend taking a cab. I would think a cab ride from POP to Contemporary would be $20 or maybe even less. The earliness of your ADR does present a bit of a quandry. I hope this has given you a bit of help.
flamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
flamark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Pop to MK..it's a short walk...from the bus stop..I have no idea as to when the monorail starts...good luck and happy eating
The OP says ADR is at 7:10. If MK opens at 9 then buses don't start running to MK until 7am. I wouldn't think that would be enough time to make it, especially to a place like Chef Mickey's which is in high demand. If I am seeing this wrong, please accept my apologies.
flamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
bryannem
Mouseketeer

I would say take a bus to magic kingdom and walk over if the monorail isn't running.
1981-2000: multiple trips at Fort Wilderness; 2002: girls only trip at All Star Movies; 2005: All Star Music; 2006: Pop Century; 2007: DisneyLand!; 2008: Pop Century and Bonnet Creek; 2010: offsite; 2010: Caribbean Beach; 2011: Bonnet Creek; 2012: so many! Love having business trips to Florida! (5 times so far!). 2013: DVC with the whole family!!
bryannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

IMO the smartest thing to do for an ADR that early is to take a taxi.

Buses will start running for early morning ADRs as early as 0630, but that would still be cutting things a little fine since you would still have to walk to the Contemporary. No point in worrying about monorail service in the morning since you can walk to the CR faster than waiting for and then riding the monorail.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: