Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #121
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
I want HR to tell her she needs to stay away from me. I don't want to have to deal with her. I had a very hard time getting away from her she wouldn't let me leave the parking lot last night. I briefly considered running her over. I feel like she is trying to scare me. She was begging, but I also felt like she was using her position as authority, like I have to do what she said. She was not threatening me, just sort of trying to get her way. It is clear to me she usually gets her way.I can't describe it in typing. I wish I could. I want to know how she knew which car (the rental) was mine and how she knew to go wait for me. We have to register our cars and plates and I had to get a temp permit to park in the employee lot, so I am mostly certain that she got it from someone at work.
This is a really disturbing statement.

I get being upset but you need to let HR handle the situation as it relates to the doctor violating policy.

Insurance will take care of the repairs to the vehicle.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #122
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J/T Gramdma View Post
Yes you do, After it is gone thru the courts and the ins co gets their money,they will refund your deductible. That is what happened to me when a driver denied their actions.
No she doesn't...There is evidence of the other parties fault and responsibility for the damages...she can simply call her insurance company and they should be able to get the woman's insurance information and report the claim. the investigation should not take long (as stated by the OP there is evidence) and she can go directly through the other company. Subrogation does not go through the courts at least not in cut and dry liability situations. I work for an insurance company and this is how we handle things every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
Her insurance has to provide a comparable vehicle. A compact economy is not the same as an SUV.
This exactly. Usually with your own policy you choose how much rental reimbursement you get based on what you want to pay, but with the other party being responsible they will put you in a comparable vehicle.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #123
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVM View Post
Wow - a lot of HR hatin'. We're not that bad
Unfortunately my experience has pretty much been with HR Depts. who in no way, shape or form had the best interest of the employee at heart. It was obvious from they way they handled specific situations that their role was to protect the institution without regard for the employee.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #124
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Op, I'm all likelihood the doctor is NOT a hospital employee and therefore is not subject to the same terms of employment as you. Doctors are usually private contractors. As bad as it sounds, this doctor is probably bringing a whale of a lot of money and you, not so much . Let the insurance companies duke it out and you just go to work and do your job excellently.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #125
RitaZ.
Move on don't hesitate
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
Unfortunately my experience has pretty much been with HR Depts. who in no way, shape or form had the best interest of the employee at heart. It was obvious from they way they handled specific situations that their role was to protect the institution without regard for the employee.
Ditto.

OP, you've received a lot of good advice here. Good luck to you.

Last edited by RitaZ.; 05-09-2013 at 06:28 PM.
RitaZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #126
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

OP, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I would be BEYOND level orange nuclear mad if I were in your shoes.

I haven't read all of the responses but if it were me, I would stop talking to HR, and the Dr who hit your car and lawyer up! ASAP!

Last edited by LiveYourLife; 05-09-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Wording
LiveYourLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #127
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife
OP, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I would be BEYOND level orange nuclear mad if I were in your shoes.

I haven't read all of the responses but if it were me, I would stop talking to HR, and the Dr who hit your car and lawyer up! ASAP!
And just what if you expect the lawyer to do for you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #128
LiveYourLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post

Be an unbiased 3rd party, completely removed from the situation to look out for the best interest of the OP. Isn't that what lawyers are for?

You have the HR department covering their butts, the Doctor covering hers, who is covering the OP?

ETA: I am not saying by telling the OP she should lawyer up, that she should get all sue happy.

Last edited by LiveYourLife; 05-09-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Added more
Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #129
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post

I've been trying to figure that out all afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post

Be an unbiased 3rd party, completely removed from the situation to look out for the best interest of the OP. Isn't that what lawyers are for?

You have the HR department covering their butts, the Doctor covering hers, who is covering the OP?
What does op need other than her car fixed? Is there any reason to think that it won't happen?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #130
LiveYourLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post

What does op need other than her car fixed? Is there any reason to think that it won't happen?
I just think it's a little strange that OP's HR department didn't want the OP to update the police report after it was discovered who the driver that hit her car was, until they (HR) spoke with the other driver first. Just a little bit of a red flag to me. It reads to me that the HR Department is trying to get their ducks in a row for their Company, and not looking out for the OP.

This is just my opinion, though, and it's a "I'm looking for advice" thread, so I shared.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #131
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post

I just think it's a little strange that OP's HR department didn't want the OP to update the police report after it was discovered who the driver that hit her car was, until they (HR) spoke with the other driver first. Just a little bit of a red flag to me. It reads to me that the HR Department is trying to get their ducks in a row for their Company, and not looking out for the OP.

This is just my opinion, though, and it's a "I'm looking for advice" thread, so I shared.
I agree that is strange as well but the police have been notified. And since I'm not clear what HR owes her in this case, I don't think it really matters. She needs the police and the insurance company to act.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #132
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree that is strange as well but the police have been notified. And since I'm not clear what HR owes her in this case, I don't think it really matters. She needs the police and the insurance company to act.
How about the video evidence? What are the rules there?
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #133
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:

I think she needs the Doctor to leave her alone and stop harassing her and she needs HR not to tell her it is her responsibility if the Doctor loses her job.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #134
LiveYourLife

Quote:
And since I'm not clear what HR owes her in this case, I don't think it really matters.
HR doesn't "owe" the OP anything. THEY chose to get involved (per the OP's OP). Security reported it to HR. Not the other way around (ie: OP reporting it to HR). Now you've got HR directing the OP to not contact the police until after they speak with the other driver. And you've got the other driver harassing the OP. HR inserted themselves into the situation. My advice to OP to lawyer up had nothing to do with getting her car fixed.

OP doesn't need to be harassed by her Employer, and the person who totaled her car. She's got enough on her plate. Most of us know what a pain in the rear her situation is with dealing with insurance, deductables, rental car, etc....

Last edited by LiveYourLife; 05-09-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added more. I am not the Queen of Brevity!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #135
denisenh
All I can do is lie down
It has a thing hanging off the end
When i get the urge to show off, a tiny voice inside my head says "resist the urge". So i shut my mouth and stand still.

i think that op should decide how badly she wants, or needs, her job. it wouldn't be unheard of for an employer to come up with reasons to terminate an employee.
doctors are needed to generate income. everyone else is support staff. doc is going nowhere.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: