Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
abidale
DIS Veteran

Help me get over fear of Tower of Terror!

So, I'm dying to work up the courage to ride TOT again. In elementary school, I loved it and rode it over and over. Then a couple years ago, I think I convinced myself that it was scarier than it is and I had a bad experience on it and now I'm too scared! I can't stand chickening out though, usually I make myself go through with it, but the last two trips I haven't ridden it. I'm not scared of heights or drops, and I know it's just propelled by magnets. I think I'm scared of being scared and making it into something it's not? Help! I want to ride it this trip and conquer my fear!!
abidale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
Orreed
Olivia

Tower Of Terror is a great ride! It's actually my favorite ride at Walt Disney World and I want to work there in the College Program. I think you will be bothred pondering if you skip it again. Just be daring and go for it, you will have a blast!
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

The best way is to go on with a friend. I used to be scared of it too, it's a scary ride! Until I went on with one if my friends. We were both scared and ended up loving it
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Cinderella8
Don't question my nerdy logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidale View Post
So, I'm dying to work up the courage to ride TOT again. In elementary school, I loved it and rode it over and over. Then a couple years ago, I think I convinced myself that it was scarier than it is and I had a bad experience on it and now I'm too scared! I can't stand chickening out though, usually I make myself go through with it, but the last two trips I haven't ridden it. I'm not scared of heights or drops, and I know it's just propelled by magnets. I think I'm scared of being scared and making it into something it's not? Help! I want to ride it this trip and conquer my fear!!
I say just make yourself ride it, however bad it may seem. I used to be terrified when I saw it drop and heard people screaming, then I went on it, and LOVED it! The awesome part is that you can stay calm and laugh and enjoy the drop, while everyone around you is practically screaming their heads off (that would be my sister). If you know you're not afraid, just convince yourself. Tell yourself "It's a ride that goes up and down"
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
JasonBlue07
Mouseketeer

Ok I have to admit when I first saw that ride I was scared out of my mind... But when I rode it its bit as bad as it seem
JasonBlue07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
abidale
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna try to ride it this summer...with a I Survived the Tower of Terror t shirt as an incentive
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Doodle98
"42-42-564, whenever you want to, knock on Death's door."

I normally don't go on it, I get scared to, but when you do go on it, just focus on your purse! If you put it around your leg, it will fly up to your knee! I was like the entire first time I went on it! I hope you can get over your fear with the help of everyone!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
R5Jedi
Carrying the Banner

When I went on my first trip I rode it, and I hated it, but the next time I worked up the nerve to go on it and I absolutely loved it! You will regret not riding it.
Proud member of the #R5Family
All-Star Movies 2004
DCL Wonder 2007
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2009
DCL Magic 2010
Boardwalk Villas 2011
DCL Fantasy 2012
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village July 12-20 2013
Going this fall for MNSSHP October 24

DD DM DB (11) Me (13)
R5Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Tower of Terror is an amazing ride and I really think you should have the courage to ride it again. I think you're just freaking yourself out. It's just an elevator. On the ride, there are side handles that you can hold on to if you happen to be scared. Hope you have fun on the ride this Summer.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
Cinderella8

Something I just thought of: Thi of how everyone around you is FREAKING OUT. And laugh. Like, my first time, my sister was:

*clutching pocket with phone* "OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!!!!!"

And think of just how funny it is.
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
abidale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
Something I just thought of: Thi of how everyone around you is FREAKING OUT. And laugh. Like, my first time, my sister was:

*clutching pocket with phone* "OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!!!!!"

That's hilarious haha I just laughed!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
abidale
DIS Veteran

Thanks everybody this helps!!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

There are some fears you have to conquer to live as an adult. For example, no matter how much needles frighten you, there are some t mes when you need to just get over it and let the doctor give you a shot or take blood.

But fear of Tower of Terror??? Absolutely not!!! Hit DHS and make a run (??) for Toy Story Mania instead. You don't HAVE to love every single ride at WDW. Why force yourself to try to love something that frightens you?? Life's too short to sweat things like TOT fears.

Go, and have a great time on Toy Story Mania instead.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 05-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #14
Cinderella8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
There are some fears you have to conquer to live as an adult. For example, no matter how much needles frighten you, there are some t mes when you need to just get over it and let the doctor give you a shot or take blood.

But fear of Tower of Terror??? Absolutely not!!! Hit DHS and make a run (??) for Toy Story Mania instead. You don't HAVE to love every single ride at WDW. Why force yourself to try to love something that frightens you?? Life's too short to sweat things like TOT fears.

Go, and have a great time on Toy Story Mania instead.
Ahh no I'm getting shots next week!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
R5Jedi
Carrying the Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post

I never thought of that, that's so funny.
Proud member of the #R5Family
All-Star Movies 2004
DCL Wonder 2007
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2009
DCL Magic 2010
Boardwalk Villas 2011
DCL Fantasy 2012
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village July 12-20 2013
Going this fall for MNSSHP October 24

DD DM DB (11) Me (13)
R5Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote