Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So here are the Navigators for our Third full day, which includes tendering at Grand Cayman.

Here is the Map for Grand Cayman

And here is the Tendering guidelines they left in our room

Today we have a Duck tour booked. Our tickets said to meet on the Pier at 11:45AM. We talked about these documents before going to bed, and decided that the best course of action would be to order only coffee, orange juice and chocolate milk with our Room Service order. That way we would be hungry and be more motivated to go to breakfast and get off the ship sooner rather than later.

Now at this point (Tuesday morning) we have been on the boat for almost 72 hours. I do have to say that a good half of that time we have spent in our cabin. Obviously the bulk of those hours were spent asleep, but Fran and I tend to have funny sleeping habits. Sometimes either of us will wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep for a while. At home we leave the television on because Fran will sometimes go the whole time from when we go to bed until 5 or 6 in the morning without being able to fall asleep. It does funny things for my dreams when her TV programs work their way in to my sleep.

On the other hand, on vacation, I sometimes can't sleep well in a strange bed, maybe it's the lack of cats! But I wake up in the middle of the night and catch a few hours of something that I've already seen (in case I don't make it to the end because I fall asleep).

Also in the mornings when I am awake and I am trying to get Fran to come to consciousness and get dressed, I’ll watch the TV. At home it is usually the news, but since there is no live news on the ship I resorted to the Disney entertainment. By this time I had already seen the last half of Men in Black III, The Little Mermaid, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins, we were able to finish Journey 2: Mysterious Island that we started on our previous cruise. By the end of the cruise, I think I also saw Ratatouille, The Lion King, all the Good Morning America at Sea Episodes, several episodes of “My Yard Goes Disney” and a program on the retrofitting of the Magic in 2010.

I know it seems silly to brag about how much TV I watched on the cruise, but we’re not folks who leave the cabin just to “be out of the cabin”. RA is a very painful disease and in addition, doing anything tires Fran out. I would rather she wore herself out doing something she enjoys than just traipsing around for the heck of it. So if we’re going to be hanging out in the room, enjoying Disney movies is a great way to pass the time!

OK, so back to our third full day on the ship. A day at Grand Cayman!

We had arrived in the bay of the Island at around 7:30AM. I was awakened with our Mickey phone call just before we were cleared for tendering. Shortly after that our coffee and OJ arrived. Sorry no pic!

We were pretty far out to sea. Oh, OK, I see it there!

So our plan was to get breakfast at Top Siders and head to the Buena Vista Theater to get a Tender boat. The sheet said to allow 45 minutes for travel time so I knew that we had to be there no later than 10:45. When we got to the buffet, we practically had the place to ourselves. They had a great spread going on. I think most of this is self explanatory.

Fran was a little annoyed with me that I took a little while getting to the table, so I could take a picture of her plate. Isn’t that sweet that she waited?

My plate.

We had a nice view out the back of the ship.

[Continued in Next Post]
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: