Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #2311
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I could be worse, my husband recorded Friends and Seinfeld over our wedding video about a month after we got married. That one still stings 17 years later!

No, I am not kidding :-)
Yikes! My wedding video disappeared completely right after our wedding in Nov of 1999. I have had a special VHS box that matched our wedding invitations collecting dust for over 13 years. This past Christmas Eve my grandma gathered the whole family into her living room and said she had something to show us on tv. If you knew her, you would think she was about to show us something on YouTube. Nope... There was a dim lit picture with harp music playing and before I could utter the words, "Is this my wedding video?" I was crying hysterically. The whole family was overwhelmed with happiness. Best. Gift. EVER. They found it in a box of cassette tapes in her basement. It was filmed on an 8mm tape, and she had it transferred to DVD. She made copies for my dad, mom, and DH's parents, too. Still have the VHS box, but I now have a DVD.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2312
dig311dug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I could be worse, my husband recorded Friends and Seinfeld over our wedding video about a month after we got married. That one still stings 17 years later!

were they good episodes?
dig311dug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2313
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
What is this mango margarita that you guys speak of??

UMM, hello ,I am all in if were talking margaritas!! )))

I am excited about the Quest vouchers too- My DH and 5 year old will find that outstanding!
If you like margaritas you would love mango margarita, give it a try. Is a delicious drink you can get at the Siesta Cantina Bar in CSR.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. 5 nights. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. 8 Nights. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. 8 nights. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. 8 nights. {B]April-May2012.CSR[/B]: My birthday celebration In Disney. 8 Nights. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. 10 nights. September 2013. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary
DH DS Me
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #2314
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Did you ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond ?. The show had and episode where Raymond recorded football over their wedding tape.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. 5 nights. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. 8 Nights. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. 8 nights. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. 8 nights. {B]April-May2012.CSR[/B]: My birthday celebration In Disney. 8 Nights. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. 10 nights. September 2013. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary
DH DS Me
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #2315
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
We are doing the "+" for the fist time this year. Can't wait! I've even convinced DS to ride Splash "one last time" just so I can get the official ride pic of DH and the kids. Last year I took a picture of every boat coming down the hill because I never knew when they were coming.
Me too!!! I can't wait to try it out "+"!!! That is one of the highlights of my trip!!! Sad, isn't it?

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #2316
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

YIKES! Please tell us there was another copy of that video somewhere.

Nope! Just pictures. My Mom actually holds a bigger grudge than me - she jokes she paid all that money and has no recording of it! She told him he's lucky that he is THE best son-in-law on the world or he would still be in trouble :-)

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #2317
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Sorry, the delay but it was tricky to find ripe mangoes this time of the year.
Yum!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #2318
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Yikes! My wedding video disappeared completely right after our wedding in Nov of 1999. I have had a special VHS box that matched our wedding invitations collecting dust for over 13 years. This past Christmas Eve my grandma gathered the whole family into her living room and said she had something to show us on tv. If you knew her, you would think she was about to show us something on YouTube. Nope... There was a dim lit picture with harp music playing and before I could utter the words, "Is this my wedding video?" I was crying hysterically. The whole family was overwhelmed with happiness. Best. Gift. EVER. They found it in a box of cassette tapes in her basement. It was filmed on an 8mm tape, and she had it transferred to DVD. She made copies for my dad, mom, and DH's parents, too. Still have the VHS box, but I now have a DVD.
OMG, Smitch! That made me cry! How awesome!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #2319
black562
Dis Whisperer

Quote:
Sorry, the delay but it was tricky to find ripe mangoes this time of the year.

Oh my goodness....yes...yes....a million times yes!!!!!

| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

My Disney Blog: www.disneybyjoe.com

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #2320
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug View Post

were they good episodes?
The Seinfeld episode was the "Soup Nazi" episode! I've still got it!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #2321
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
Question for those booking suites at AOA that want Finding Nemo. Why not try booking the option that doesn't assign you a suite type and request Finding Nemo? If the rooms are available just not confirmed under the discount maybe you will get lucky? Worst case scenario you end up with Cars or Lion King anyways...
That is a very valid point. For me, my family really did not care, my 4 yr. old just said "Nemo" so that is what I booked. We got Lion King on Monday and truthfully, Mom likes that one better.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #2322
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Please slow down. I am trying to catch up.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #2323
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Did you ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond ?. The show had and episode where Raymond recorded football over their wedding tape.
Oh, yes! And what's worse Marie Barone IS my MIL - but that is NOT funny and a whole other thread ;-(

Sorry for the high jack!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #2324
CerysG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I have a question for everyone. I was wondering if any of you had end of Aug reservations, but changed them to Sept when you found out the FD dates? I would love to change our dates, but as DS is now in middle school, he had sooooo much work to make up this past Oct when we took both our kids out of school. I would do it again, but it was very hard for him. I'm more curious than anything about people switching dates.
Our reservations are for the last week in August and that's when we are going since our oldest is in High School and just can't miss a week of school. I had hoped for FD but since I got a pin for 30% off a Mod. back in Oct. I had booked two rooms and got almost $1000 off our stay. FD would have been more but since I hadn't planned on any discount I can be happy with what I got. I think it's better to plan on no dicount and go when you want rather then be upset when Disney doesn't have one. I expect with the economy picking up there will be less and less of them.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #2325
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Me too!!! I can't wait to try it out "+"!!! That is one of the highlights of my trip!!! Sad, isn't it?
No, it's awesome :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: