Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #61
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsnn3 View Post
I think you've done your part just by reporting it. If she harrasses you, play the pregnancy card on her & mention all the stress of having to have your vehicle repaired and finding transportation during the down time of the repair. She should worry more about being sued than being fired!!
First off, taking care of yourself and that baby is #1 on your list of things to do!! Take a deep breath and relax. Don't stress yourself or that baby out. You need to keep your blood pressure down.

Let the insurance company handle it. Let the HR department handle it. Let the police handle it. If the doctor approaches you again, let her know who she can speak with as you are pregnant and the stress resulting from her actions are now effecting your pregnancy. Let the HR director know that this woman is harrasing you and that if it continues or starts causing more issues with your pregnancy, that there will be bigger issues for them to deal with than a hit and run on their property.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #62
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

So far, this woman has not threatened the OP.
One conversation in the parking lot will simply not be viewed as any credible threat or violation.

The OP has reported and documented everything. So, that is covered.

OP: Hopefully your emails/calls to the HR department have been appropriate, and you have them well documented...

A consultation with a lawyer might be helpful.
But, OP, remember, given the two things mentioned above...
If you were to take any action, such as having a lawyer contact the company, or this woman, right away. That WILL be viewed as aggressive and self serving.

Can you contact a friendly co-worker and have them support you in going to work, and walking back out, tomorrow.

You don't want to be viewed as skipping out on work.
You have to keep your own bases covered.

If there are those powers-that-be who would support this woman... You don't want to be seen as 'a problem' this early...

Yes, you might want to see a lawyer, just in case this woman poses problems for you. But, I think it is very premature to take any action, or for anyone else to know that you are seeking legal counsel.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #63
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
Is this a big company, with the HR department at a completely different location?

Just to be specific, what do you expect of the HR department?
What messages have you left with them.

Of course, they will not, and should not, disclose any information that is private to this other woman. They do not have to inform you of anything regarding that.

Have you asked or informed them about this woman's "don't get me fired, they said it is up to you", claims????

Again, they should acknowledge your situation, but have to disclose NOTHING about how they are handling this with her.

Unless things escalate, and she is continuing to create a hostile work envronment for you, if you go and say 'I want her fired', it will NOT look good on you.
I want HR to tell her she needs to stay away from me. I don't want to have to deal with her. I had a very hard time getting away from her she wouldn't let me leave the parking lot last night. I briefly considered running her over. I feel like she is trying to scare me. She was begging, but I also felt like she was using her position as authority, like I have to do what she said. She was not threatening me, just sort of trying to get her way. It is clear to me she usually gets her way.I can't describe it in typing. I wish I could. I want to know how she knew which car (the rental) was mine and how she knew to go wait for me. We have to register our cars and plates and I had to get a temp permit to park in the employee lot, so I am mostly certain that she got it from someone at work.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #64
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran

PS: If you need a larger rental vehicle to be able to have appropriate and necessary transportation... The insurance company SHOULD provide that...

A compact car, in replacement of your SUV, is not meeting your needs, and 'making you whole'.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #65
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
I want HR to tell her she needs to stay away from me. I don't want to have to deal with her. I had a very hard time getting away from her she wouldn't let me leave the parking lot last night. ...... she knew to go wait for me.
Okay, you are right... That is NOT acceptable....
Can you, with your husband, go personally up to HR and make this request to have her stop all contact????

Again, this should all be witnessed, and documented, email printouts... etc...

If they didn't want to see you report this hit-and-run to police, I am sure they they would just love to see a Restraining Order.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #66
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

I haven't read all the responses, but here's my take:

1. I know it is hard, but try to keep the emotion, including "revenge fantasies" like getting her fired, out. Just stick to the facts.

2. Do not talk to her. If she follows you or tries to talk you out of anything, just keep saying to her, "Please do not talk to me. I have nothing to say to you. If you need to talk about this, please discuss this with my insurance agent."

3. Document everything. If possible, if there is any interaction between the two of you, try to get a third witness. Otherwise, it is your word against hers.

4. Her employment status is up to her supervisor and the administration, not you.

Don't let her, or HR, intimidate you. You mean business, but don't go all Rambo. She did the wrong thing, she needs to make amends.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #67
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
I want HR to tell her she needs to stay away from me. I don't want to have to deal with her. I had a very hard time getting away from her she wouldn't let me leave the parking lot last night. I briefly considered running her over. I feel like she is trying to scare me. She was begging, but I also felt like she was using her position as authority, like I have to do what she said. She was not threatening me, just sort of trying to get her way. It is clear to me she usually gets her way.I can't describe it in typing. I wish I could. I want to know how she knew which car (the rental) was mine and how she knew to go wait for me. We have to register our cars and plates and I had to get a temp permit to park in the employee lot, so I am mostly certain that she got it from someone at work.
Ok, I think you really should consider taking the day off tomorrow and trying to relax. And call that lawyer to get her/his advice.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #68
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's exactly what I was wondering too. Somebody gave her information to enable her to find you. That is NOT okay. They are setting themselves up for some major problems.

And I agree with the other poster. I would request another rental vehicle.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #69
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you need to consult an attorney. HR may have made a very unprofessional move IF they told "Dr" her employment status was up to you. That's not even legal. If they didn't say it, "Dr" is making it up. "Dr" absolutely shouldn't have caused a hit and run, and also shouldn't be following you.
You need someone to advise you promptly. Give your attorney every bit of information you have. Write it out, read it, make sure it's accurate. Times, places, people.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #70
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

They should have last night's "conversation" on video also.

Consult with a lawyer but don't tell anyone yet that you did so.

Document the incident last night and advise HR that you want no further contact with her.

And keep going to work. You don't want them to have any reason to come back at you later, like for attendance.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #71
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I would make sure to CYA, hire an attorney, etc. Good thing you called the police. What a nut case!

This doctor is LYING through her teeth. Be warned!!!!

I am sure HR did not say anything about it "being up to you", she is totally and completely full of it or freaking riding the crazy train.

And if HR did say something they are going to be in the hot seat as well. However I sincerely doubt it.

Good Luck and watch your back.

Agree about not calling in. It will be used against you.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #72
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Jumping in...first off, sorry OP for this. We have been on the receiving end of similar situations (tho not while pg) and they ARE stressful and aggravating. Usually the offender gets a slap on the wrist while the victim gets the fallout. I would ask security or HR that you would like the security footage of her behavior in the parking lot, or ask your insurance company to request it. If this keeps up you certainly have a harassment complaint that you can file. With all the nutjobs and wackos out there, please have the 2 insurance agencies handle this and deal only with them and the police. Request a vehicle a.s.a.p. COMPARABLE to the one she is responsible for damaging and do not back down on that. Do you own a smart phone? Next time she approaches you pull it out and start recording her. GET A LAWYER AND SEVERAL OF HIS CARDS. hand her one if she dares to get that close to you. Go ahead and tell her you are recording her so she can't accuse you of any privacy issues. Time to shift into CYA mode for yourself and your baby. She is a grown woman who will survive whatever the financial outcome of this is. You are the victim, do not allow her to continue to victimize you and I would CERTAINLY call the police and tell them that is what is occurring and have them add it to the report.
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #73
IUTBAM
DIS Veteran

I'd be more focused on making sure she is prosecuted rather than fired.

And I'd definitely be calling a lawyer about a civil case against her.
IUTBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #74
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I would make sure to CYA, hire an attorney, etc. Good thing you called the police. What a nut case!

This doctor is LYING through her teeth. Be warned!!!!

I am sure HR did not say anything about it "being up to you", she is totally and completely full of it or freaking riding the crazy train.

And if HR did say something they are going to be in the hot seat as well. However I sincerely doubt it.

Good Luck and watch your back.

Agree about not calling in. It will be used against you.
Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you. But (and this is a big but) the actions of the HR department, requesting not to notify police, not following policy (was it immediate termination? I don't recall), and a few other things sound very fishy. It casts a shadow on their integrity. So I would leave it open as to the realm of possibility at this point.

I would not be quick to believe HR's version either. They are not acting ethically if they are not going by the rules. It's just a whole lot of crazy going on here.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #75
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

Her employment status has nothing to do with you. File your police report, get your insurance company to deal with hers and let HR determine whether hit and run on their property is grounds for dismissal. If she refuses to leave you alone after you tell her, "Please leave me alone, you are making me uncomfortable" then you have grounds for a harassment complaint with HR.

I am sorry this happened. It sounds very stressful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: