Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #3196
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVig View Post
I'm so excited now that I decided on Riverside! I called this morning and got 25% off on Garden View, so I was able to add an extra night and it was still less than what I had previously booked (which was POFQ).

I just finalized our flights, and we will be arriving at MCO at 9 a.m. I'm thinking that will put us at the resort around 11 ish? Any suggestions on what to do Day 1?

We are not planning to go to parks on either travel day, and at this point we will also have 1 free day in the middle of the week with no theme park tickets. (Staying a total of 8 nights). Any suggestions on non-park stuff to do when at POR welcome!!
Take the boat to Downtown Disney and spend time by the pool!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #3197
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
we were in building 18, top floor room 1836 and both our beds were GREAT! This was last week.....weird.
I must admit I found the new beds to be quite comfortable too. Perhaps a touch soft at the edges (sit on an edge and it sinks down a bit) but fine to sleep on.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #3198
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVig View Post
I'm so excited now that I decided on Riverside! I called this morning and got 25% off on Garden View, so I was able to add an extra night and it was still less than what I had previously booked (which was POFQ).

I just finalized our flights, and we will be arriving at MCO at 9 a.m. I'm thinking that will put us at the resort around 11 ish? Any suggestions on what to do Day 1?

We are not planning to go to parks on either travel day, and at this point we will also have 1 free day in the middle of the week with no theme park tickets. (Staying a total of 8 nights). Any suggestions on non-park stuff to do when at POR welcome!!
Sleeping in, hanging out at the pool / Old Man Island, moving pools and hanging out at a quiet pool, renting a bike, renting a water sprite, taking the boat to Downtown Disney, gong on a photo safari to POFQ, watching a movie on the lawn at night, having a meal at Boatwrights, enjoying Yeeha Bob in the evening . . . Ah I feel more relaxed just thinking about it
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #3199
jenji124
Earning My Ears

Just booked for September our first time at POR I can't wait!

Caribbean Beach Resort (2/89, 2/90, 2/92, 2/96, 12/00, 5/04, 9/08), Coronado Springs Resort (9/09), Wilderness Lodge (9/07), Beach Club (5/05, 6/12), Port Orleans Riverside (9/13).
Old 05-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #3200
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Just faxed my room request in . 4 more days!!!!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #3201
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

For those of you that fax in your room requests do you also use online check-in? I have been putting off online check-in but now thinking about doing it now and then faxing my room requests 5 days prior to arrival. Good or bad idea?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #3202
mymankeith
Mouseketeer

I have read a lot of people request the 2nd floor. Is there a reason why? I would think people would want 1st. Is the view better? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #3203
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymankeith View Post
I have read a lot of people request the 2nd floor. Is there a reason why? I would think people would want 1st. Is the view better? Thanks.
I am thinking people expect the 2nd floor to be quieter, at least in the Bayou section. No guests stomping on the floor above you. I am one that will be requesting ground floor because I have a stomper.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #3204
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
For those of you that fax in your room requests do you also use online check-in? I have been putting off online check-in but now thinking about doing it now and then faxing my room requests 5 days prior to arrival. Good or bad idea?
Sounds good to me. It's a good idea to do the online checkin BEFORE you send a fax though.

I suspect that once MagicBands are fully introduced, everyone will be doing online check to pre-select their bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymankeith View Post
The view is sometimes better - but more importantly there is no one in a room above you, so no chance of having heavy-footed kids stamping around on your ceiling at all hours. Also there tends to be slightly less foot-traffic on the upper floors, as on the ground floor you'll get people going to neighbouring rooms plus people heading towards the stairs to go to the upper floors.

The only negative to the upper floors is the obvious one: stairs. If you've some physical impediment, or you have smalls kids and strollers, the ground floor is easier.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #3205
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I did online check in about 2 weeks ago. There was no option to request bed rails so I needed to fax in a request for them. I also want a ground floor due to 1) the stroller and 2) my kids running across the floor. They love to chase each other and I don't want them to bother people on floors below us. I am trying to be a little considerate to the other guests, but will also try to take them outside as much as possible to help burn off the extra energy
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #3206
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
We are just a family of 3 and I'd love to find something with a King and a Murphy. I guess my search continues.
Your search may now be coming to an end...

This subject was something I brought up with the room assignment manager at POR some time ago when the new AB rooms were launched, and at the time it wasn't possible for the system to handle this. However I just had an email letting me know that the booking system has finally been configured to allow for this option.

So as from now, a party of three should be able to book a King Bed room at Riverside - which will result in an Alligator Bayou King Bed room with a fold-down Murphy bed.

I've just done a quick online search via the WDW website and that option is indeed now included in the results page, although as yet I can't find any actual availability so they might still be finalising the details.

Andre

Old 05-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #3207
myjourney
DIS Veteran

We are in single digits now until our vacation, very excited!

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #3208
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Faxed request, beds, 2nd floor

We were there in Dec. We faxed our request and I received a return email which was very nice. I think I did online check in as well. We were in the Royal rooms, 2nd floor riverfron near the corner at Oak Manor and our room was connecting. We chose 2nd because of what was mentioned about somebody being above us, but quite frankly when we were in Acadian House the year prior, we were on first floor and noticed nothing above. What I did notice is how many people slam the stinkin' door! So, 2nd floor, notwithstanding, it was the door-slamming that was annoying. Suffice it to say, we still loved Oak Manor, regardless. I thought the beds were great. We had a great mousekeeper, too! We had room 9240. It was AWESOME! I wish I was there now.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #3209
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Just booked POR and I was so happy for this to be 25% off!
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #3210
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Room request question

Does anyone know if there are rooms facing the water wheel, and what section would that be? Also, would that be a River View room? I would have to upgrade if that's the case.
I have a son on the autism spectrum who just LOVES spinning things and I think would love it, and he would find it calming as well.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: