Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #31
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
In many states leaving the scene of an accident warrants criminal penalties.
In my state (Ohio), it would be a misdemeanor of the first degree and a class five suspension of her driver's license.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #32
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsv98 View Post
I would be totally pissed too but I think wanting her fired is hormones talking. She needs to pay for everything including deductible, rental car and repairs without question. At this point, I would just let the police and your insurance company handle it. Try to let some of the anger go for your own good.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #33
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I agree with this.

Agree.

She did a horrible thing, no doubt. I'd be furious. However, I could NOT live with myself if I was responsible for getting someone fired. I'd want that decision to come from HR. Not me. In the end i'd feel guilty...esp since I know she has kids to feed. Yes im a softy. I just couldnt do it. I'd leave it up to the company/HR.
I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over her getting fired. Did the dr. give a moment's thought to the two cars she damaged and to what it would cost the owners to repair them? Apparently not, as she just kept on going without even leaving a note. She is sorry she got CAUGHT. As the OP said, if she had been the one to hit the dr.'s car, she'd have been terminated.

The dr. needs to be banned from that parking lot, as she is a danger. I'd go to HR and tell them she is harassing you and that it needs to stop NOW since you am pregnant and the stress is not good for you. Have a written record that she is harassing you. Through HR, let her know that ALL contact will be via the insurance companies.

She sounds like a loon.

ETA: I agree with a previous poster. Let the police know that she is following you and trying to coerce you regarding what to do. Have a record of this everywhere.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
I feel I should mention that when this happened on Monday, I was told by HR that if it was an employee then it would be punishable by "termination" and was a "code of conduct" violation. We assumed it was an employee since it happened in the employee parking lot. They did not mention to me that there were security cameras which I had not paid much attention to before. Now they are pretty obvious (doh) I 100% feel that if I did this to HER car I'd have been canned immediately, I think she is getting handled with kid gloves because of her title. When this happened on Monday I was not furious, I was crying. It was not until I saw the video and how callous she was that I got so angry.
I stopped reading here. Those are all valid points. Totally explains her fear of being fired. It appears HR had no intention of following their policy unless you press them. That must be what the woman was told and what sent her into a panic to plead to you. Shame on the HR person who put this on you! Their policy. They enforce it. Not you. It should not be differing rules.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. If HR calls you, about what you want, direct them to their policy!

Off to finish reading the thread.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
corgi_monster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I agree with this.

Agree.

She did a horrible thing, no doubt. I'd be furious. However, I could NOT live with myself if I was responsible for getting someone fired. I'd want that decision to come from HR. Not me. In the end i'd feel guilty...esp since I know she has kids to feed. Yes im a softy. I just couldnt do it. I'd leave it up to the company/HR.
I, too, would feel bad for any mother being fired.

However, if the doctor were fired, I don't think it would be the OP's fault.

The doctor hit the car and drove away. Her dishonesty (not leaving a note or confessing immediately) would be the causes for her termination.

If the doctor had taken one minute to leave a note, she wouldn't be in this position. It sounds like the doctor was in a rush (because she was speeding and "too busy") and made a conscious decision to drive away from the scene of an accident. Not only is that dishonest, it's bad decision making - not the traits I would want in a doctor!
March 2014 - Paris Disneyland Resort, Sept 2012 - Tokyo Disney Resort, Jan '12 - WDW, July '10 Disneyland, May '10 Tokyo Disney Resort, Aug '09 - Disneyland, June '08 Disneyland, Dec '07 - WDW, Sept '07 - WDW, Jan '07 - Disneyland, Sept. '06 - WDW Feb. '06 - Disneyland, Sept. '05 - Hong Kong DL, and many, many prior trips to DL!
corgi_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #36
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
Wow! So she did a hit and run and got caught. Now she is worried. She should have been more concerned about her reputation at the time of the incident and made a report. That shows poor character on her part as a whole. I would not even want to see her as a patient. You have every right to be upset that anyone would try to do that to you. Especially someone who is supposed to have high character in a community. She would not feel sorry for you if the tables were turned. Sorry this happened to you. File your report and claim and don't be clouded by sob stories. A hit and run is a crime. Best of luck!
I agree! It's disturbing.

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #37
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

The thin line between justice and revenge . . .

You want her to go throw misery because she put you through misery. Understandable.

1. You have a right to be made whole. All of your expenses should be paid by your insurance, her insurance, or out of her pocket. Talk to your insurer, make sure they understand you expect them to collect your deductible from her insurance company.

2. She should not be talking directly to you if you feel uncomfortable. Tell her you will not discuss the matter with her. Follow up with HR if she continues to bother you.

3. Leaving the scene of an accident that caused property damage is, at minimum, a traffic violation for which an office can write a ticket. The penalties obviously become more severe if someone is injured or killed. Whether to issue the ticket is within the police officer's discretion. The officer may have done so already. He may choose not to issue a ticket at all. If they ask for your input, great. But you don't have control over this.

4. Whether she is fired is likewise not your decision, and HR should never have told you that she would be fired. They may choose to impose a lesser penalty. Give them your input, but remember you can't control the outcome.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

This is horrible. I really feel for you, OP, and you have every right to be angry. However, I do agree with those who say to let HR do what they're going to do. On that note, part of letting HR handle it is her not contacting you and you not having to deal with her. If she approaches you again, tell her that the time to discuss this passed when she didn't step forward and you will not be discussing this with her further. If she continues after that, report her for pestering you. Good luck.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #39
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over her getting fired. Did the dr. give a moment's thought to the two cars she damaged and to what it would cost the owners to repair them? Apparently not, as she just kept on going without even leaving a note. She is sorry she got CAUGHT. As the OP said, if she had been the one to hit the dr.'s car, she'd have been terminated.

The dr. needs to be banned from that parking lot, as she is a danger. I'd go to HR and tell them she is harassing you and that it needs to stop NOW since you am pregnant and the stress is not good for you. Have a written record that she is harassing you. Through HR, let her know that ALL contact will be via the insurance companies.

She sounds like a loon.

ETA: I agree with a previous poster. Let the police know that she is following you and trying to coerce you regarding what to do. Have a record of this everywhere.
I agree. OP would not be getting her fired, the doctor would be getting herself fired.

HR already told you it is grounds for termination, then changed their tune once they found out who did it. I would be more concerned about not letting this "injustice" happen than about a woman who had only regard for herself and her own belongings. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I was a part of that.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
Bounce_Tigger
Your super-awesome safari guide for the next two weeks

Your HR department told an employee that the future of her job was in your hands? Regardless of any other circumstances, I'd be suing THEM (HR) or at least filing a complaint for putting you at risk for coercion/threats/blackmail. That seems incredibly unethical (and unlikely) to me
May 2007 - CSR with best friend and family
Fall 2008 College Program - Attractions
"Grow Eyes For Poachers"
Bounce_Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #41
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post

You shouldn't have to have any contact with her directly. I'm sorry she came 'crying' to you. Don't see her any more. If you've given HR and the police your statement ....you've done your bit. It's up to them now.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #42
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce_Tigger View Post
Your HR department told an employee that the future of her job was in your hands? Regardless of any other circumstances, I'd be suing THEM (HR) or at least filing a complaint for putting you at risk for coercion/threats/blackmail. That seems incredibly unethical (and unlikely) to me
Exactly! There is so much wrong doing here, it could make your head spin! I think you need legal representation.

Bad enough the doctor is unethical, but HR too? Is there a higher up, facility supervisor you can speak to about this? It's beyond crazy!

Good luck with all of this! Take care of yourself and the baby. I do recommend you jot down all the events, people's names, dates,times. You will have pregnancy brain and recall of those things go out the window. Keep it handy. I think you will need it. Keep good documentation.

Then watch a light hearted show and get your mind off this mess awhile. You need some good rest!

Old 05-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #43
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

I agree with everyone else...
Are your feelings and anger and frustration justified.. YES!!!!!

However, this should have nothing to do with whether she is fired or not.
Whomever is in charge of these things should determine, on their own, if she committed offenses which would warrant termination.

(She may have even been trying to play more headgames if she said that HR told her 'it is up to you'.)

You are lucky...
You have your evidence.
Assuming her and her beloved Mercedes are fully insured...
You should come out ahead of the game, no deductible, etc...)

Sorry this is all happening!!!
But I am not sure that wreckless driving, alone, would meet policy for Termination. That is for HR to figure out. I am sure they are already well aware that this lame person will be the first to pursue litigation for 'wrongful termination'. SUCKS!!!!

Last edited by Wishing on a star; 05-09-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #44
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce_Tigger View Post
I think the Dr. told the OP that HR said that, I don't believe HR directly told the OP that, and I seriously doubt that the Dr. is being truthful regarding that.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #45
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

PS: I suspect that one reason that she failed to report right away, is that would have revealed that she was 'UNDER THE INFLUENCE'.

That would certainly be a very valid reason for termination.
And, huge problems for her if she is already on record with prior incidents/convictions.

Doctors are not immune to problems with alcohol and the drugs that they have such access too.
Very common, actually.

A normal, unaffected, person just does not drive/behave this way!!!!!

Last edited by Wishing on a star; 05-09-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: