Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #316
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Lunch looked delicious. Those fruit animals are too cute.

The tasting looks like great fun.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #317
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

I always say that I walk better, have better sea legs after I have been drinking....

I just seem to sway a little better...

Glad you had a wonderful time at the tasting.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #318
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post

I bet dinner was fuzzy, I laughed out loud on that one!

Any ONE of those would have done me in, I'm weak when it comes to "beverages". But that strawberry margarita sounded really yummy.
She was definitely trying to do us in on that tasting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that you managed to get to The Art of Entertaining. The lamb looks great and I don't even eat lamb. I am sure Graham has had this at Palo though and loved it.

You managed two catch to characters that I have not managed to meet. Princess Minnie is always eluding me and I have not had any luck with Alice either. I do have photos with the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts though.

The buffet looked delicious and the Tequila tasting sounded like great fun. I have very little tolerance to salt so I just have my tequila neat.

Corinna
I love lamb, so it was great to get the recipe. The good thing with the tasting was you didn't have to use the salt with the tequila. Most of it was served neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh my word - I bet the boat was swaying after that little session
Luckily it was very calm, otherwise I would have probably had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I would have been under the table, on my butt, and I bow to you for even being able to stand up.

Sounds like a fun afternoon.

Was that pineapple upside down cake on your dessert plate? Love me some pineapple upside down cake.

Lunch looks great especially the tandoori. I enjoy tandoori, anything Indian really.

The fruit animals are darling, I hope the Wonder has those.

How much did the tasting cost per person?
I think it was a bread pudding or something, not pineapple upsidedown cake.

I love indian food too. I don't get it very often, but this was really good tandoori chicken.

I'm sure the Wonder will have some sort of carved decorations. They probably vary from ship to ship depending on who does the carving.

The tasting was $15pp. Quite a bargain for the amount of liquor we got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager1969 View Post
We did the tequila tasting on the Magic. I could not hang the whole way. Let's just my hubby benefitted, but had to a nap. He was one of the victims and had to finish my shots. Quite an entertaining walk back to room!
We didn't do a lot for the rest of the day either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
WOW! Great shots.....of all sorts. Those tequilas must have been heady. And to get the bonus extras from your fellow shipmates......

Sounds like a fabulous day so far.
They were very tasty tequilas, all Patron which is my favorite brand. Later in the trip we would be drinking all Jose Cuervo which I don't like as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Lunch looked delicious. Those fruit animals are too cute.

The tasting looks like great fun.
They do make great sculptures! The tasting was really fun! hic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I always say that I walk better, have better sea legs after I have been drinking....

I just seem to sway a little better...

Glad you had a wonderful time at the tasting.
That might be true.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #319
franandaj

As we stumbled out of the bar, I noticed that the walls were accented with Trumpets and Clarinets and music notes. Pretty good that it took me two days to realize this!

We got out of the tasting around 4PM and I have no idea what we did after that. We didn’t eat anything or I would have had pictures of the food. All I can guess is that we went back to the room and laid down for a little bit. They were taking pictures starting at around 7PM, so I made sure to drag Fran down to Midship for that.

And then we went for our dinner at Animator’s Palate.

Our seats were really lousy for seeing much of anything going on in the dining room, so I was glad we had such good seats on the last cruise. I suppose by now our tablemates knew about my picture taking habits, or I was just so uninhibited by the tequila I took pictures of the menu tonight.

Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #320
franandaj

I think Fran got the Artist’s Impression.

For her appetizer, Fran ordered the Sesame-Flavored Rock Shrimp and Carmelized Onion Cheesecake. I think she liked it.

I had the Ahi Tuna Tartare. I enjoyed this much more than the seared tuna that I had on the first night. This tasted really fresh.

Meanwhile my window on the transformation of the dining room changed.

Fran went for the Creamy Butternut Squash Soup, she didn’t tell me if she liked it or not.

I went with the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup. It was tasty, but would have been better with bacon and a little more salt.

Fran and I both got the Animator’s Veal Chop (which we had on this menu the last time too). It was good, not fabulous, but certainly OK.

Another picture that I could see with my limited view.

Here are our tablemates. This is Chris and his wife, I am so bad with names, I’m already forgetting hers! And I’m sorry, I forgot about all the other folks names! They did a pretty good job of placing us. We were all around the same age range and were a pretty good mix for a group of strangers. Everyone had some table mate horror stories, so it was good that we all got along!

I didn’t get pictures of the dessert menu, so I took these from my Wonder Cruise.

I didn’t think anything on this menu sounded very good, so I got myself a Mickey bar.

I guess Fran didn’t get anything, either that or I missed it. Then our waiter (earning his tip) brought me this. He remembered how much I loved it from the night at Lumiere's.

We came back to our room to find our towel animal and the next days navigator.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #321
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I must have wandered through Beat Street 100s of times as we always had a forward cabin on the Magic, but I never noticed the musical references. The photos with Mickey are great. I can never find a dessert I like on that menu either and tend to end up with a Mickey Bar.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #322
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

You can never go wrong with a Mickey Bar for dessert

Nice of your server to bring you the soufflé
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #323
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I like any update that begins with stumbling out of a bar. $15 is amazing deal for all of the booze you got.

Love the photos of your two- very good.

Dinner looks good too. Bummer you didn't have a great seat though.

I agrees it's Linda, you can never go wrong with a Mickey bar. My goal is to have at least one per day. I'm an overachiever.

Fran's drink looks really delicious.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #324
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm loving the updates. The pictures of you and Fran are delightful. Are you going to get any framed up?

The Mickey bar is nice; but that waiter sure earned his tip that night. YUM to the souffle!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #325
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Such a great report...am really enjoying it and the pictures.

thanks for sharing
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #326
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Wow! You guys made out fantastically on the Tequila portion of the tasting And the margarita part too! This tasting sounds and looks waaay better than the one on the Dream. Too bad you didn't volunteer. Would have loved to see pictures of that!

So cool that your waiter brought you a souffle. Very nice!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #327
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

OK..I have been reading all along but not posting so I had to pop in here and let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report. It is definitely helping me make it through until our cruise next month

I love the tasting reviews. I have never done one before but after reading this, I'm think I'm going to book one on the Fantasy.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #328
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

I love it that you can get a mickey bar for dessert.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #329
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
I like any update that begins with stumbling out of a bar. $15 is amazing deal for all of the booze you got.

I agrees it's Linda, you can never go wrong with a Mickey bar. My goal is to have at least one per day. I'm an overachiever.

That is an admirable goal
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #330
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I must have wandered through Beat Street 100s of times as we always had a forward cabin on the Magic, but I never noticed the musical references. The photos with Mickey are great. I can never find a dessert I like on that menu either and tend to end up with a Mickey Bar.

Corinna
I'm usually pretty quick with noticing musical references since we're musicians, but I guess all the beverage tastings had me a little confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
You can never go wrong with a Mickey Bar for dessert

Nice of your server to bring you the soufflé
I thought so too!

Quote:

The tastings are a really good deal! I kept saying I was going to eat more Mickey bars, but I always ended up being so full from lunch or breakfast, I rarely even wanted to snack during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm loving the updates. The pictures of you and Fran are delightful. Are you going to get any framed up?

The Mickey bar is nice; but that waiter sure earned his tip that night. YUM to the souffle!
I'm going to frame maybe the one where I am behind her with my arms over her shoulder and the one that I used for my Gamers meet PTR. (Which I haven't posted on this TR yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Such a great report...am really enjoying it and the pictures.

thanks for sharing
Thanks! Welcome! And I'm glad you're enjoying reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow! You guys made out fantastically on the Tequila portion of the tasting And the margarita part too! This tasting sounds and looks waaay better than the one on the Dream. Too bad you didn't volunteer. Would have loved to see pictures of that!

So cool that your waiter brought you a souffle. Very nice!
I know! They had a lot of booze there just for one person, the fact that we got double the portions was hilarious!

He was definitely trying to make me happy with the soufflé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
OK..I have been reading all along but not posting so I had to pop in here and let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report. It is definitely helping me make it through until our cruise next month

I love the tasting reviews. I have never done one before but after reading this, I'm think I'm going to book one on the Fantasy.
Oh you should definitely try one of the tastings! These were so much fun, but I enjoyed my tastings on the Wonder too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I love it that you can get a mickey bar for dessert.
If I had the room, I would probably get one for dessert every night, but there are just too many choices!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: