Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #13
sachilles
Mouseketeer

I don't think your are stupid, nor did I write or imply that.
Simply stated, if they cared more about lining their pockets, than re-investing in the company, they'd be a little more understated about their earnings.
Announcements like this are trying to bolster consumer confidence and reassure folks things are going well, so that they considering making a visit.
Combined with having to sell space at downtown disney, you need people to think you are successful. I think Disney sees this a very encouraging sign, that future growth can be supported.

I can understand you don't want your business to look greedy, but what is line between greedy and not greedy? 10% increase isn't anything to sneeze at but I don't think it shows greed.

I do think customer return rates play a large part in peoples perception of the place. I think that those that return annually or even more frequently expect a bit more than is realistic. Someone that goes once every other year or so, views the place much differently. Somebody who's first visit is during a busy time is very likely to have a different experience if the visit was during an off peak time.

My opinion, is I don't see the greed in this announcement, nor from this company. I'm not snowed into thinking the company is perfect by any means, but i'm not seeing the business greed that has folks bent out of shape.
I'm not a disney apologist. I can't afford to go as much as I'd like, my recent visit was the first of my adult life at 39. I'd enjoy going more often, but our vacation priorities vary too much. There is a lot of competition out there for the vacation dollar.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: