Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #16
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

I am really bummed about my car. I drive cars until the wheels fall off, and it is the first "new" car I have had in 15 years. Sure they can fix it, but it is not going to be like it was. We are still waiting to hear how bad the damage is and how much the estimate is.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
What did your insurance company say when you told them the complete straight facts about the HR as well as the video? What do they recommend you do next, if anything?
My husband is dealing with them, but they told us to file a police report and to get the doctors insurance information and to let them (our insurance) handle the claim and then they will go after her insurance.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Wow! So she did a hit and run and got caught. Now she is worried. She should have been more concerned about her reputation at the time of the incident and made a report. That shows poor character on her part as a whole. I would not even want to see her as a patient. You have every right to be upset that anyone would try to do that to you. Especially someone who is supposed to have high character in a community. She would not feel sorry for you if the tables were turned. Sorry this happened to you. File your report and claim and don't be clouded by sob stories. A hit and run is a crime. Best of luck!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
Sanchez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Inexcusable, yes.
Despicable yes.
But a civil case since it happened on private property and there were no injuries, so no grounds to arrest her. I'd leave any firing decision up to the company, but that certainly sounds like a firing offense.
In many states leaving the scene of an accident warrants criminal penalties.
Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
krcit
DIS Veteran

Oh wow OP..I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this especially while pregnant. My advice is to take a deep breath..wait and see what happens. If she approaches you, I would not talk to her. With all the emotion involved it could get ugly and you do not need the stress. I would think that as long as your car gets fixed and you are not out any expenses, I would just let HR/police handle it.

Years ago, I was in the car with my then 3 year old son. My husband parked and went into the bank. All of a sudden, I felt a huge bang. Some idiot in a hummer tried to park next to us and when he hit my van, he just kept going. Gouging a huge dent in the side. He then realized and pulled out to drive away. Some woman saw thew whole thing and blocked him with her car, while I jumped out of my car. He starts in about the law etc.... and then my DH came back and he started trying to bs him. My DH is a cop so it didn't work. He paid for repairs and we agreed to not call the cops. Some people are just unbelievable!!

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
My husband is dealing with them, but they told us to file a police report and to get the doctors insurance information and to let them (our insurance) handle the claim and then they will go after her insurance.
I edited my post, trying to be clear after you posted. Your husband should make sure you have given the insurance company all the info, including the existence of a video, HR's stance, and the fact that you were followed.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I agree with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelch10377 View Post
I highly doubt that HR would leave the decision to fire her up to you.

I can totally understand how angry you are, but I don't think her being fired is the answer. I think it just needs to be reported to the police and have them determine what course of action to take from a legal stand point.
Agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Inexcusable, yes.
Despicable yes.
But a civil case since it happened on private property and there were no injuries, so no grounds to arrest her. I'd leave any firing decision up to the company
, but that certainly sounds like a firing offense.
She did a horrible thing, no doubt. I'd be furious. However, I could NOT live with myself if I was responsible for getting someone fired. I'd want that decision to come from HR. Not me. In the end i'd feel guilty...esp since I know she has kids to feed. Yes im a softy. I just couldnt do it. I'd leave it up to the company/HR.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

I'm not a jump to "call a lawyer" type person normally, but between your workplace handling it somewhat unethically (asking you to do something against your moral judgement) and the doctor accosting you in person (especially with you being pregnant), I would consider going in for a consult, just to cover yourself. That way, if she tries to discuss it with you again, you can hand her your lawyer's card and say, "I would appreciate you discussing it with him/her, not me" and that would be the end of her stressing you out.

Whether or not she gets fired is her own fault, nothing to do with you.

Take the high road, let the insurance company/place of employment/doctor duke it out, and try to stay out of the fray as much as you can, especially for the baby's sake. A vehicle can be replaced, but a healthy baby is irreplaceable.

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #24
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I agree with this.

Agree.

She did a horrible thing, no doubt. I'd be furious. However, I could NOT live with myself if I was responsible for getting someone fired. I'd want that decision to come from HR. Not me. In the end i'd feel guilty...esp since I know she has kids to feed. Yes im a softy. I just couldnt do it. I'd leave it up to the company/HR.
I wouldn't say "I" got her fired for this. HR has not said anything to me about that by the way, she is the one that said they told her it was up to me. My point is SHE will have gotten herself fired for what SHE did. I am not responsible for her actions she is. If HR asks me my opinion is good riddance and show her the door. I will sleep just fine at night with no guilt at all.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #25
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I agree with this.

Agree.

The OP has nothing to do with getting her fired. The Dr's actions would be the reason she was fired.
EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #26
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

She has absolutely no right to confront you about this. She lost that right when she chose to drive away and not report the accident. Tell her that if she tries to talk to you again.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

While I can understand you being upset about what happened (I would be too), you should have absolutely no say about whether she is fired or not.

Work with the police and insurance company and let HR do their jobs.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #28
sue1013
Haven't had a good Yodel in years
I know I'm the odd one
We need to be snow birds!

OP you said you are trying to come up with the deductible, if you go through her insurance you don't have to pay the deductible.
sue1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #29
Tralliam
Mouseketeer

Sorry you're dealing with this, the whole situation stinks.

I would make sure you contact the investigating officer and let them know she followed you out of work trying to coerce you. Just to make sure there is a record of this. She sounds like the kind of person that if things go south could get vindictive and having everything documented would be good.
Tralliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #30
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
I wouldn't say "I" got her fired for this. HR has not said anything to me about that by the way, she is the one that said they told her it was up to me. My point is SHE will have gotten herself fired for what SHE did. I am not responsible for her actions she is. If HR asks me my opinion is good riddance and show her the door. I will sleep just fine at night with no guilt at all.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: