Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #2596
nictodisney
Mouseketeer

new menus

Can someone please post the new menus? Or if I missed them, let me know which thread?

Only three more weeks! can't wait!

Thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #2597
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
only 3 weeks till I get to go back! not too happy about the change in menu recently... does anyone know how the "build your own salad" currently works? one trip I went to pop they built your salad in a large bowl and tossed all the ingredients together with the dressing to make sure it was well mixed. another trip they just piled it all in a "to go" container. I know the ingredients are all the same but It seems to taste much better when they take the extra mile to toss the salad before plating it!
We were there in Jan this year and the salad was tossed for me. Maybe it's a YMMV thing? Hopefully they would toss it for you if you requested it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #2598
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I just walked over to the laundry room in front of the bowling pin pool since it is fairly close to my room.

Wash is $2 and dry is $2. Machines still take quarters. There is a bill changing machine in the laundry room. The laundry product dispenser had tide, wisk, color safe bleach, and downy fabric softner..ea product is a dollar and it takes quarters. And as of right now there is no way to use a credit card or KTTW card. HTH.

THANK YOU!! Looks like I'll be bringing some dollar bills with me
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #2599
smitch425
DIS Veteran

I know they changed the menu offerings, but please tell me they still have the ice cream shop.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #2600
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy

THANK YOU!! Looks like I'll be bringing some dollar bills with me
The bill changer accepted $5 bills as well as $1's.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #2601
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Was really looking forward to eating the Lo Mein at Pop. It's my favorite.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #2602
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
Hi team Pop! Quick question...I've stayed at Pop numerous times but I've never needed to do laundry. This trip I'm heading somewhere else right from Disney, so I figure ill need to do a load of wash at the end of the trip. Does anyone have any specific laundry info like...

1. How much are the machines?
2. Do the machines accept credit cards or should i plan on bringing change with me?
3. I saw on the main page that you can purchase detergent in the laundry rooms. Anyone know the price of this, and if you can use credit cards, or if again, I should have quarters?

Thanks!
Hi, we travel for two weeks every August. I've become a laundry pro on vacation

I pack my own detergent. If you hit the laundry room on a busy day, I've noticed on several occasions the machines can run out of supplies. I found in K-Mart's travel toiletries section, you can find the Purex 3-in-1 detergent sheets in a travel pack. These are great and can be cut in half for smaller loads.

I've also experienced the change machine out of order or giving me 75 cents for my $1! I've learned to come prepared with pack a roll of quarters.

While folding my laundry, I cannot tell you how many Moms came in the laundry room only to have to run to the front desk for detergent or change. This has happened at various resorts, this is not POP specific. Lesson learned, always pack your own and walk in prepared

Don't forget to pack a VERY LARGE bag with handles to use as a hamper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I just walked over to the laundry room in front of the bowling pin pool since it is fairly close to my room.

Wash is $2 and dry is $2. Machines still take quarters. There is a bill changing machine in the laundry room. The laundry product dispenser had tide, wisk, color safe bleach, and downy fabric softner..ea product is a dollar and it takes quarters. And as of right now there is no way to use a credit card or KTTW card. HTH.
Thanks! I used that laundry room in Feb. There are 2 more locations, right? Hippy Dippy pool area and computer pool area?

Just wondering if anyone has insider info if the cashless upgrade is on the horizon?

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #2603
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2travl View Post

I pack my own detergent. If you hit the laundry room on a busy day, I've noticed on several occasions the machines can run out of supplies. I found in K-Mart's travel toiletries section, you can find the Purex 3-in-1 detergent sheets in a travel pack. These are great and can be cut in half for smaller loads.

I've also experienced the change machine out of order or giving me 75 cents for my $1! I've learned to come prepared with pack a roll of quarters.
Thank you so much!! It's just my husband and I traveling, and I'm only there for 5 days, but afterwards I'm going to Jamaica for 4 days, so I will probably only do one load. I am thinking of putting enough Tide for one to two loads in a mini-tupperware and just using that!

I will also bring some quarters for the machines...who knows...maybe I'll be able to help out someone who is quarter-less.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #2604
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
Thank you so much!! It's just my husband and I traveling, and I'm only there for 5 days, but afterwards I'm going to Jamaica for 4 days, so I will probably only do one load. I am thinking of putting enough Tide for one to two loads in a mini-tupperware and just using that!

I will also bring some quarters for the machines...who knows...maybe I'll be able to help out someone who is quarter-less.
Target sells Tide singles in their toiletries section. I'd be too nervous to pack my own and risk leaks.

Oh, I've shared so many quarters in the laundry room myself It's funny you hear so many people complain they'd never do laundry on vacation but it's actually quite fun. I've had lovely conversations and met such nice moms in the laundry room. Plus Disney makes it tolerable by locating all their laundry rooms near the pools.

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #2605
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Target sells Tide singles in their toiletries section. I'd be too nervous to pack my own and risk leaks.
Oh my gosh! Tide singles...that is great. I will do that. THANKS!! I never thought I would have so many questions about laundry...ha.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #2606
seadd67
DIS Veteran

So I am planning a lot of golf with my 10 day trip In Oct(6-days). Morning golf,so i am planning 8am tee times,being there at 7am. So Breakfast at POP, how early do they start serving food?. 1 am takeing takeing the cab to the courses at about 6:30. Is this to early to get something at POP?.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #2607
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
So I am planning a lot of golf with my 10 day trip In Oct(6-days). Morning golf,so i am planning 8am tee times,being there at 7am. So Breakfast at POP, how early do they start serving food?. 1 am takeing takeing the cab to the courses at about 6:30. Is this to early to get something at POP?.
Food court opens at 6, but the hours for hot food start at 6:30. You would likely need to grab something from the grab n go area in the market section of the food court.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #2608
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Can anyone confirm that fishing is definitely still allowed around Hourglass Lake? I know it is in the FAQ, but I read on another board that it was not allowed!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #2609
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425
I know they changed the menu offerings, but please tell me they still have the ice cream shop.
Just checked today....
Ice cream tubs and toppings are there. Don't know if there is anything else that was there that isn't now because we didn't use the ice cream shop before but did see the above items.

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 05-09-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #2610
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:

While folding my laundry, I cannot tell you how many Moms came in the laundry room only to have to run to the front desk for detergent or change. This has happened at various resorts, this is not POP specific. Lesson learned, always pack your own and walk in prepared

Don't forget to pack a VERY LARGE bag with handles to use as a hamper.

Thanks! I used that laundry room in Feb. There are 2 more locations, right? Hippy Dippy pool area and computer pool area?

Just wondering if anyone has insider info if the cashless upgrade is on the horizon?
I am a laundry Dad also!(yep the guys like to wear clean cloths believe it or not), I go way early In the morning or late at night, when I goto the pool. I bring my own soap and softeners. Quarters,i use the change I collect during the day. Its only my self this trip so no need but to do one load at a time.The sheets work good i trybthese a couple years back it work out pretty good.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: