Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #1336
kitkat324
Mouseketeer

So I had posted asking if Jungle Juice was still at AKL CL...however that wasn't what I was thinking of, oops!

What my family had loved were the African Smoothies. Which is very different from the jungle juice. And was one of the reasons why they picked AKL CL over POLY CL (well any CL for the matter)

Are the African Smoothies still offered?

Here is a pic of what it looked like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

Lemonade, Ice Tea, African Smoothie

Trips:
Every year from 1986 - 1996 off-site
Aug. 07' Pop
Oct. 08' Pop
June 11' Pop July 11' AKL
June 13' Pop July 13' AKL
Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #1337
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat324 View Post
So I had posted asking if Jungle Juice was still at AKL CL...however that wasn't what I was thinking of, oops!

What my family had loved were the African Smoothies. Which is very different from the jungle juice. And was one of the reasons why they picked AKL CL over POLY CL (well any CL for the matter)

Are the African Smoothies still offered?

Here is a pic of what it looked like.
Did not see that. During the afternoon the three options were the tea, lemonade and filtered water. Sorry.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #1338
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Does the CL at WL offer any kind of 'view'? Like maybe fireworks?

Does it have any special highlights - like unique food offerings. I haven't read much about it.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #1339
rea59
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Does the CL at WL offer any kind of 'view'? Like maybe fireworks?

Does it have any special highlights - like unique food offerings. I haven't read much about it.
You should check out Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~. It has lots of great info. We stayed in a deluxe club level room last year and it was really great. We had an obstructed view of the MK fireworks from the balcony and a full view of the parade on the water. It's a beautiful resort. The cobbler seems to be very popular with a lot of people. My 14 year old nephews were very excited that they were able to sample venison a few times(they loved it). No sure if it's unique but they also served sushi every evening. I hope this was helpful.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1340
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We are YC/BC Club people -- and I love it. Mostly I love YC/BC and the Club level is great for all of the usual reasons.

But I have to admit to feeling some food & drink offerings envy based on what you folks list from other Club levels: Mimosas. Sushi. Smoothies!!?

Might be time to test some others!! Although I hate to give up the pool and location. Decisions, decisions...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #1341
west&east
DIS Veteran

Just booked 2 nights at Boardwalk Club Level! Usually stay at Beach Club but we got a great passholder discount and have friends staying at Boardwalk so we are going to try it and then head off site to the Waldorf Astoria (free room using Hilton Points!) I have read a lot of great things about the Inkeepers Club so excited to check it out! And DD14 will be excited that they seem to have the chips she loves from Beach Club's lounge.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #1342
mchamber99
Earning My Ears

Poly CL

Has anyone stayed Poly CL since the renovations? Any pictures? Any changes in the food offerings? I've seen some pictures of the rooms post renovations on Tikiman's website, but I haven't seen any of the Club lounge. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #1343
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
We are YC/BC Club people -- and I love it. Mostly I love YC/BC and the Club level is great for all of the usual reasons.

But I have to admit to feeling some food & drink offerings envy based on what you folks list from other Club levels: Mimosas. Sushi. Smoothies!!?

Might be time to test some others!! Although I hate to give up the pool and location. Decisions, decisions...
We've done BC and YC. I agree about the pool. The staff at BC is the best of all the CL levels we've tried, with Cr a close second. The location of BC/YC is also great, and I really like the room décor lighting, and set up. As much as I like the original two resorts- CR and Poly, the room set up is odd. CR has these crazy flat sinks that don't drain, and no counter space- except the sinks. Poly rooms are too dark. both have odd closets that are only minimally useful. One is cut in half with a metal bar, the other is halved by the room safe.

I also recently discovered that YC leaves snacks out all night - or at least pretty late. The lounge doors were shut at 6am, but at midnight they had gummy fish, trail mix, goldfish crackers, soft drinks and the latte machine/hot water/hot chocolate. It was great.

Oh, and the lobster salad at BC was delicious.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #1344
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
You should check out Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~. It has lots of great info. We stayed in a deluxe club level room last year and it was really great. We had an obstructed view of the MK fireworks from the balcony and a full view of the parade on the water. It's a beautiful resort. The cobbler seems to be very popular with a lot of people. My 14 year old nephews were very excited that they were able to sample venison a few times(they loved it). No sure if it's unique but they also served sushi every evening. I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for the info. I peaked a little at that thread. I have a funny aversion to looking at photos before I go to a fun, new place. I am glad to hear they have sushi. I stayed at the resort once just not CL. We were on the far side; I remember getting an angled view of the water parade. If we stay there, I'll probably opt for "standard view," so probably not much to see from our actual room. I'm guessing the actual lounge doesn't have much external view. Does it overlook the lobby?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #1345
jollygreengirl
Mouseketeer

We have an all CL split stay booked the first week of June, starting at GF Sugarloaf and then heading over to a Garden Suite at BWI. I have heard from GF itinerary planning but not from BWI. Shouldn't I have gotten an email from them now that we're within 30 days to check-in?
Mar 2011 WL...Jun 2011 VWL...Sept 2011 GF for MNSSHP!...Mar 2012 WL...May 2012 HHI DVC...May 2012 BCV for SWW!...July 2012 SSR...Sept 2012 AKL for MNSSHP!...Nov 2012 YC CL...Dec 2012 WL for MVMCP!...Mar 2013 CBR...June 2013 GF CL/BWI CL for SWW!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #1346
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I peaked a little at that thread. I have a funny aversion to looking at photos before I go to a fun, new place. I am glad to hear they have sushi. I stayed at the resort once just not CL. We were on the far side; I remember getting an angled view of the water parade. If we stay there, I'll probably opt for "standard view," so probably not much to see from our actual room. I'm guessing the actual lounge doesn't have much external view. Does it overlook the lobby?
There are lounge photos/menus/ CL info. on the WL thread with photos of the great view of both the lobby below and the WL courtyard, pool, geyser and Bay Lake from the large lounge window that you can even sit in front of. There are no STD CL Views. CL views are by-request only and are either Woods or Courtyard. Bunk beds are also a CL request and not guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreengirl View Post
We have an all CL split stay booked the first week of June, starting at GF Sugarloaf and then heading over to a Garden Suite at BWI. I have heard from GF itinerary planning but not from BWI. Shouldn't I have gotten an email from them now that we're within 30 days to check-in?
When booking a CL split, the first resort can make all your arrangements, however, all of them should contact you at some point. The general rule of thumb is that you will be contacted either 180+ days, if you booked that soon or at 90 days. With less than 90 days, you should be contacted ASAP. This doesn't always happen though so feel free to email the BWI IPO. Just include your confirmation # in the subject line.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #1347
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreengirl View Post
Sometimes you just don't hear from the IPO staff when you make a CL reservation. In that case, it's a good idea to email or call them to introduce yourself and make any room requests you might have or any other requests.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #1348
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:

We just returned from our stay in a honeymoon room at CL inWL.

From our CL room, we could see the fireworks except that there was one large tree obstructing our view.

From the lounge we could see the water parade but not the fireworks.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #1349
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Hi! I have my 180 day on Monday. I gave the IPO all my dining requests. Just curious if anyone has ever NOT gotten all their requests. I always see postings of being able to get their requests but I'm kind of nervous since this is my first time not doing it myself (never stayed CL).

Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #1350
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Well looky looky looky at all my DIS friends over on this thread too!

Just booked deluxe CL at BWI for August...for those that have stayed in the deluxe rooms, which do you prefer - being on the same floor as the CL lounge, or having the larger balcony? I requested to be above Seashore Sweets, so we're closer to the elevator/lobby, but not sure if I should request a room with the larger balcony on the 3rd floor or not. I know there aren't many of these rooms so a request probably can't be granted anyway, but I'm curious on your thoughts.

I usually do spend some time on the balcony, and LOVED the BWV BW view we had last month...but I'm thinking in August it will be as hot as the surface of the sun, and I HATE heat & humidity, so I may not be out on the balcony as much as usual. I'm thinking this is my 1st & last trip to WDW in August, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to surprise DS on his 13th b-day, and its so hard to take them out of school anymore, so we're trying summer.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: