Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
KevinFSU
Mickey and Seminoles #1

Thumbs down Tutto Italia....disappointment

Do yourself a favor and skip the Tony's of Epcot. Go to Via Napoli and get what I consider the best pizza I have ever had.

Ate at Tutto on 4/26/13. Spent $190.00 on five of us. Three of us had the fettucine, one the polenta, and one the chicken. Didn't try my daughter's chicken. The fettuccine was absolutely horrendous. It was actually sitting in a pile of sauce that I swear had to come out of a jar. It was $26.00 a plate, and was not even worth half that. I got a recipe for it off allears.net years ago (for the restaurant that was there prior........noodles, a stick of Plugra butter, salt, and grated parmigiano reggiano) that hands down blows Tutto's version out of the water. Plus it costs about $3-$4 a serving. I was ticked I was paying so much for this way below average dish. The Sunday we got back, I had to run to Publix to get the ingredients and make it to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

My son got the polenta, and it was good. However, it was nowhere near worth $28.00 that I paid for it. The polenta is exactly what I make at home out of corn meal. I made this dish a few days ago. I would say the Tutto dish was a little better, but considering my version cost a few bucks to make versus $28.00, there is no way I would choose Tutto head to head. The value of their dish is probably $10-$12. Didn't try my daughters chicken, so I can't speak on it, other than I am sure it wasn't worth the $24 (I think that was the price) we paid.

The service was very good. However, overall this was a significant ripoff and not a place we will be going back to again. The night before we had the metro mezzo quatro formaggi pizza at Via Napoli and paid a little ove $60 total. This was, by leaps and bounds, a far more satisfying meal than Tutto. Tutto gets a big thumbs down from me and we will not go back.

Boo: Our first "child". I'm sure Major is happy to have his big brother with him again...hehe. Love & miss u so much. 4/91 to 7/16/05
KevinFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Sorry about your experience.

Im usually on the DP, so i dont normally pay attention to the prices. I just order what I want. If I paid OOP, who knows how i'd feel. But regarding the quality of food, I thought the fetuccini alfredo was pretty tasty. My son ordered it and loved it. I had the lasagna, and i thought it was outstanding. Different strokes I guess.

But I do agree that Via Napoli is phenominal. Loooooove that place!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
KevinFSU
Mickey and Seminoles #1

Do yourself a favor and try this recipe.....then let me know which one you prefer.

http://allears.net/din/recipes/rec_alf.htm

Boo: Our first "child". I'm sure Major is happy to have his big brother with him again...hehe. Love & miss u so much. 4/91 to 7/16/05
KevinFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFSU View Post
Do yourself a favor and try this recipe.....then let me know which one you prefer.

Yummy! Thanks!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

We too were not impressed with Tutto Italia. We were on the DDP when we ate there, but even then we were not impressed. The food was so-so and the entire meal was rushed.....they brought out the check not 5 minutes after we got our entrées. The whole experience just left us bummed. We will not be going back there again dining plan or not.

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I used to make that all the time but I'm getting fat so had to stop

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Princess Vespa
Mouseketeer

Sorry you had a bad experience. We also did not like Tutto. Everyone in my party of 9 thought the food was way overpriced and frankly not that good. It wasn't horrible, just not worth the price. A complete rip-off and we would not dine there again.
Princess Vespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Sorry about your bad experience. We also had a terrible experience when we ate there I'm September. We won't be going back. The fettuccini was the worst I've ever had. My DH hated the gnocchi...which was hardly what I would consider "gnocchi." The sauces we had were all ick.

We will be doing Via Napoli for the first time since August 2011. I'm so excited because we loved it when we went. I can still taste and dream of the zeppoles!!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Sorry you had a bad experience! We've never had a bad meal there but we usually get the giant cold antipasto tray and salads.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and skip the Tony's of Epcot. Go to Via Napoli and get what I consider the best pizza I have ever had.

Ate at Tutto on 4/26/13. Spent $190.00 on five of us. Three of us had the fettucine, one the polenta, and one the chicken. Didn't try my daughter's chicken. The fettuccine was absolutely horrendous. It was actually sitting in a pile of sauce that I swear had to come out of a jar. It was $26.00 a plate, and was not even worth half that. I got a recipe for it off allears.net years ago (for the restaurant that was there prior........noodles, a stick of Plugra butter, salt, and grated parmigiano reggiano) that hands down blows Tutto's version out of the water. Plus it costs about $3-$4 a serving. I was ticked I was paying so much for this way below average dish. The Sunday we got back, I had to run to Publix to get the ingredients and make it to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

l

However, it was nowhere near worth $28.00 that I paid for it. The polenta is exactly what I make at home out of corn meal. I made this dish a few days ago. I would say the Tutto dish was a little better, but considering my version cost a few bucks to make versus $28.00, there is no way I would choose Tutto head to head. The value of their dish is probably $10-$12. Didn't try my daughters chicken, so I can't speak on it, other than I am sure it wasn't worth the $24 (I think that was the price) we paid.

The service was very good. However, overall this was a significant ripoff and not a place we will be going back to again. The night before we had the metro mezzo quatro formaggi pizza at Via Napoli and paid a little ove $60 total. This was, by leaps and bounds, a far more satisfying meal than Tutto. Tutto gets a big thumbs down from me and we will not go back.
Ok an Italian cook here, Lol saw a video on here of the restaurant and some dishes they served, it looked appealing enough to the eye but you say the Fettuccine was like out of a jar, ick!. Was it artifical tasting or just to heavy cream consistency. Curious as that is the dish I was gonna order as I don't make it often at home because its so full of fat calories...
DonnaDuck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
We will be doing Via Napoli for the first time since August 2011. I'm so excited because we loved it when we went. I can still taste and dream of the zeppoles!!
We love Via Napoli as well and we had the zeppoles in Aug 2012, but the restaurant was not offering them in Nov 2012, I guess they were too popular!

Hope you have better luck!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean. While everyone's tastes are different and I appreciate that some people really enjoy it, we were not impressed.

I greatly preferred when it was Alfredo's. Fortunately, I was able to find all my favorite recipes from there and make the dishes here at home. Even beyond that, I make far better Italian food myself here at home. To me, all of the sauces at Tutto Italia taste like they came out of jars. Again, I know restaurants tend to keep their food bland in order to appeal to more people, but their dishes could benefit from a few more herbs and spices.

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

Sorry you had a bad experience. We enjoy Tutto - it's actually one of our favorites every trip. We enjoy the entire experience - but we only go there when we are on the DDP as it's one of the better choices for the credit ...which makes it one of the higher places when paying cash.... We aren't on the DDP this time, so we aren't doing Tutto. ....we are kinda bummed about it too...
cmhguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I keep going back and forth on this ressie that I have. I keep thinking I can make many of these dishes at home cheaper and probably tastier. I'd be paying OOP since I don't do the Dining plan.

I need to just pull the plug on this ressie and book something else before all of the choices are gone due to Free dining.

Thanks for the review.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Tutto, my family really likes it! We have eaten there many times, and always had good food and great service. My dad can't say enough good things about the spaghetti and meatballs he had there in December.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: