Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #31
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
You can definitely order gf pizza by the pool. .
How long does it take them to get you the pizza after you order it?

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Any requests for things on the menu that weren't GF that they were able to fix up GF for you? There are so many yummy-sounding things that I would love to try, but usually can't due to them not being GF.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #33
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

Kimbo--It looks like you are back from your cruise. Can you report on the foods you liked? Did you eat at Palo?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
joestein
Mouseketeer

When we were on the Fantasy in Nov, they has a gluten free chocolate chip cookie called "OMG its Gluten Free".

We got it for my girls because while they don't have a gluten issue, they have a nut issue and the cookies were also nut free. The crew was not sure if the regular cookies were safe.

These cookies were INCREDIBLE. They were so much better than the regular cookies. They came individually wrapped. I will be stockpiling them as soon as we get on board, hopefully we will take a bunch home.

Joe
joestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #35
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

The chef at AP on the Magic made my son a wonderful Dairy-free/ GF chocolate raspberry lava cake last summer!

The rolls in the dining room were horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe they would be better if toasted/heated?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #36
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestein View Post
When we were on the Fantasy in Nov, they has a gluten free chocolate chip cookie called "OMG its Gluten Free".

We got it for my girls because while they don't have a gluten issue, they have a nut issue and the cookies were also nut free. The crew was not sure if the regular cookies were safe.

These cookies were INCREDIBLE. They were so much better than the regular cookies. They came individually wrapped. I will be stockpiling them as soon as we get on board, hopefully we will take a bunch home.

Joe
This is where you can buy them, instead of stockpiling them while you are on the ship. I wonder if that's what happened last June when they ran out of them on the Fantasy after a few days. So sad for my GF DS15 (14 at the time).

http://omgitsglutenfree.com/shop/12-...-chip-cookies/
Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #37
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Looking forward to more updates. We are cruising on the Wonder in September. We are doing the PC cruise. DD 10 has celiac disease. This will be our first cruise since her diagnosis.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #38
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

DS sailed GF on the Magic in April. No problem getting him GF burgers pizza fries etc delivered to the club for lunch so long as we preorder the night before.
He loved the GF donuts at breakfast.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Man. I had no idea I could get GF cookies and pizza. I sucked it up and suffered for a few days, but it makes me appreciate Disney even more!

More for my Next Time list...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #40
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:

Joe
I haven't had those, but if there is a Trader Joe's near you, they have an AMAZING GF chocolate chip cookie. Sooooooo good!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #41
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
DS sailed GF on the Magic in April. No problem getting him GF burgers pizza fries etc delivered to the club for lunch so long as we preorder the night before.
He loved the GF donuts at breakfast.
DS15 will be happy to hear that the Magic has GF doughnuts now! Last summer, he had GF doughnuts on the Fantasy and he wondered why the Magic and Wonder never had them. I'm glad to hear that they are adding more GF items to the Magic!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #42
joestein
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Apple View Post
This is where you can buy them, instead of stockpiling them while you are on the ship. I wonder if that's what happened last June when they ran out of them on the Fantasy after a few days. So sad for my GF DS15 (14 at the time).

http://omgitsglutenfree.com/shop/12-...-chip-cookies/
Yes, but they are free on the ship. I wouldn't spend the money to order them.
joestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #43
kerrykerr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
Looking forward to more updates. We are cruising on the Wonder in September. We are doing the PC cruise. DD 10 has celiac disease. This will be our first cruise since her diagnosis.
We sailed on the Magic with DD7 in 2011. She and I had just been diagnosed. Your DD will be well taken care of on the ship! They know how rare it is for us to even have options, let alone finding food that isn't cross-contaminated, that they go out of their way to impress us with all of the GF goodies they have on board. The servers would be grinning ear to ear when they placed a bread basket on the table each night. I was shocked! Warm bread with dinner - what a treat!

I suggest that if you plan to spend time by the pool, that you get to know the head server on the pool deck. Once he knew that DD had Celiac, he made sure that Topsiders and the Quick Serve by the pool had GF hot dog buns ready for her every day. He would see us having fruit and cheese for breakfast and bring us a tray of muffins, donuts, etc... without our even having to ask! He asked if DD would like pancakes the next morning! As soon as he would see us on deck, he'd tell them to get the batter ready. Pancakes poolside! Awesome. He also sent us a cheese and cracker tray to our room as a surprise "magical moment". Oh, and the GF chicken tenders are really good. Chef Mickey made them every night for DD once he knew she liked them so much.

We are going on the Fantasy in August and I will update with anything new that I learn on board.
kerrykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #44
Chiasgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, but they are free on the ship. I wouldn't spend the money to order them.
By stockpiling them (as you mentioned in your previous post), you increase the likelihood that they will run out mid cruise. It is saddening to think that my child and other people with legitimate medical needs would not have access to GF food for the duration of their entire cruise because you wanted DCL to provide you with snacks to eat at home. They only carry so much onboard. Hopefully we aren't ever on the same cruise....
Chiasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #45
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiasgirl View Post
By stockpiling them (as you mentioned in your previous post), you increase the likelihood that they will run out mid cruise. It is saddening to think that my child and other people with legitimate medical needs would not have access to GF food for the duration of their entire cruise because you wanted DCL to provide you with snacks to eat at home. They only carry so much onboard. Hopefully we aren't ever on the same cruise....
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: