Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
KevinFSU
Mickey and Seminoles #1

Thumbs down Tutto Italia....disappointment

Do yourself a favor and skip the Tony's of Epcot. Go to Via Napoli and get what I consider the best pizza I have ever had.

Ate at Tutto on 4/26/13. Spent $190.00 on five of us. Three of us had the fettucine, one the polenta, and one the chicken. Didn't try my daughter's chicken. The fettuccine was absolutely horrendous. It was actually sitting in a pile of sauce that I swear had to come out of a jar. It was $26.00 a plate, and was not even worth half that. I got a recipe for it off allears.net years ago (for the restaurant that was there prior........noodles, a stick of Plugra butter, salt, and grated parmigiano reggiano) that hands down blows Tutto's version out of the water. Plus it costs about $3-$4 a serving. I was ticked I was paying so much for this way below average dish. The Sunday we got back, I had to run to Publix to get the ingredients and make it to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

My son got the polenta, and it was good. However, it was nowhere near worth $28.00 that I paid for it. The polenta is exactly what I make at home out of corn meal. I made this dish a few days ago. I would say the Tutto dish was a little better, but considering my version cost a few bucks to make versus $28.00, there is no way I would choose Tutto head to head. The value of their dish is probably $10-$12. Didn't try my daughters chicken, so I can't speak on it, other than I am sure it wasn't worth the $24 (I think that was the price) we paid.

The service was very good. However, overall this was a significant ripoff and not a place we will be going back to again. The night before we had the metro mezzo quatro formaggi pizza at Via Napoli and paid a little ove $60 total. This was, by leaps and bounds, a far more satisfying meal than Tutto. Tutto gets a big thumbs down from me and we will not go back.

Boo: Our first "child". I'm sure Major is happy to have his big brother with him again...hehe. Love & miss u so much. 4/91 to 7/16/05
KevinFSU is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: