Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #3676
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I am so excited for all of you leaving this week. We leave on the 17th, but I still have lots to do. Praying my ears clear up. First time I have ever had ear pain with flying was 3 weeks ago (coming home from Nashville)...I thought my ear drum was going to rupture (it ruptured in November). Trying new meds now.

My question is where is everyone eating dinner on your arrival night? I am still up in the air on that one. Our plane arrives at 4:30pm (1:30 California time). I originally had reservations for Cape May, but with the CC guarantee I thought it might be too risky. I then made reservations for Captain's Grille, but I have recently read that they have changed their menu and read poor reviews...so I cancelled that! Ideas?

Jan
I hope your new meds work! Earaches suck

We will be eating at Epcot - festival booths! So I'm no help - ha ha!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #3677
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Off topic

A very stressful (unbelievable) event happened at my son's school... All safe now
Needed to decompress and want to thank you all knowing I can come here and just focus in our upcoming trip and (positive) exciting times!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #3678
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie View Post
Off topic

A very stressful (unbelievable) event happened at my son's school... All safe now
Needed to decompress and want to thank you all knowing I can come here and just focus in our upcoming trip and (positive) exciting times!!
Sorry to hear about the scary happenings for your son and his classmates. Glad to hear everyone is safe.

And, as a positive note, look how all of the characters are right in front of the Yacht Club light house on your ticker. Tomorrow, I bet the character pyramid will block out the lighthouse.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #3679
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie View Post
Off topic

So sorry for the stressful day! WDW is like my focus object in childbirth when I'm having a crappy or stressful day. I had an MRI on Monday and while enclosed in that tube I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine I was laying by the pool at the BC.....it worked pretty well!

Now just to follow-up with the ortho about a sprain, tendinitis , and two tears in my shoulder. Yay just what I need before my trip! Um excuse me doc but how will the affect me on SM, EE, RNRRC etc....

Also had a mild panic attack when DD16 needed suntan lotion and dipped into my Disney Supplies!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #3680
natebenma
DIS Veteran

New friends!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etail View Post
So we took advantage of the *** deal and booked a stay at YC for August 18th to 21st after 3 nights at AKL on the visa deal. So good pricing all around and looking forward to it!

A quick question...
Two years ago we found the bumps at the seams on the slide in SAB to be too rough (actually down right painful...). Is that still the case? We enjoyed the rest of SAB, just not the slide.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

It has been a couple of years for me, too, since visiting the resort and using the slide, so I can't help you with your question. I do know that the slide has been through a couple of refurb periods since that time, so...

How about some recent reviews of the slide experience from March/April/May guests...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
So exited! Booked BC for late August for 8 nights and it'll be our first deluxe!
Traveling with DH, DD9 and DS 7.
One thing we actually liked about the values is the food court. I admit it, I have not read the 200+ pages of this thread so I am asking a question I am sure has been answered 100 times. :-).
Where can we get a bagel and or muffins in the morning? ( at our resort) Also need the toaster and cream cheese. Hahah. What about QS Mickey waffles?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

As Wood Nymph pointed out- yes on bagels and muffins at the Beach Club, along with a toaster and cream cheese. Unfortunately, no on the Mickey waffles

They are available at the resort at the Cape May Cafe character breakfast buffet and the Captain's Grille breakfast (either buffet or a la carte), but both of those are sit-down meals. You can also get them through room service, but that is wicked expensive!

I do wish they would add Mickey Waffles to the breakfast menu at the Marketplace.

If you poke around the first page of this thread (the Marketplace post and the Dining post), you will find lots of info about the meals available at the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnoggle View Post
Hi everyone! I've read through a bunch of this thread, and really appreciate all the awesome information! After two trips in the last two years (stayed at CSR), I thought this year would be Disney free for me.

BUT then I got a chance to attend a conference in July....that happens to be at the Yacht Club! So of course I couldn't say no to trying out my dream resort! So my mom and I are taking a girls trip to the YC- but she'll get to hang out at the pool during the day while I'm in workshops then we'll hit the parks at night.

Then somehow I talked myself into deciding to just get an AP, registering for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October and booking the BC for that trip. And of course I'll have to return sometime after that to get one more trip out of the AP.

Y'alls knowledge, chatter, and pics have made me even more excited to try out the 2 resorts I've always wanted to try!

Leslie

Glad you are enjoying the thread, and that you have a couple of upcoming trips to the resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July and October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone!

This thread is so impressive! Tons of great info! Thanks to Dee and the others that keep it rolling.

I would love to join in. Just switched my ressie from AoA Nemo to BC and I am soooooooo excited!

This is our 2nd trip to WDW ever and our first trip on property. We are coming 10-21 to 10-25. It will be me, DH, DS13, DS11, and DD7.

Can't wait!

Thanks for kind words! Let us know if you have any questions.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #3681
Abby Wednesday
Mouseketeer

Just booked

9/11-9/14 Room only discount, garden view. I would very much like a full balcony. Is there any room category that ups your chances of that?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #3682
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

So excited for our trip in two days! Anyone have any reviews of Periwigs? Some of the ladies might want a little color touchup/highlighting.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #3683
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Wednesday View Post
9/11-9/14 Room only discount, garden view. I would very much like a full balcony. Is there any room category that ups your chances of that?
Garden view probably gives you a better chance at getting a balcony than standard view does. You'll just have to request full balcony and hope you'll get lucky.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #3684
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Wednesday View Post

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #3685
coasterdogs
Earning My Ears

Best thread ever!!!

Thank you to all of you who spend so much time sharing your pictures, advice, and information - this thread is the BEST! Would you add us to your BOG list,please? This is going to be a "trip come true" for a special 13 year old - long story short.....I am a nanny for good friends of mine, who have 8 kids (3 biological and 5 adopted, all with some sort of special needs). The youngest and I have made Disney trips a tradition (about 10 trips - we made a goal to stay at every Disney resort....but we LOVE the Beach Club so this will be our 3rd trip here - and first CLub Level) Anywhoooo, his dream is to have more of the family come and he shows them the ropes, so this next trip we are bringing mom, dad, and his brother, who is very high functioning autistic. pretty excited for June 13-18th to get here already!!
2006 Universal Portifino Bay
2007 Port Orleans Riverside
2008 All Star Sports
2009 Coronado Springs - April
2009 Contemporary Resort - August
2010 Coronado Springs/Old Key West split stay - February
2010 Pop Century - August
2011 Beach Club - July
2011 Port Orleans Riverside - Christmas trip!
2012 Pop /Boardwalk Villas split stay - April
2012 All Star Movies/Caribbean Beach/Beach Club - July
2013 Art of Animation/Wilderness Lodge Split stay-April
2013 Beach Club -CL with the fam-June
Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #3686
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterdogs View Post
Thank you to all of you who spend so much time sharing your pictures, advice, and information - this thread is the BEST! Would you add us to your BOG list,please? This is going to be a "trip come true" for a special 13 year old - long story short.....I am a nanny for good friends of mine, who have 8 kids (3 biological and 5 adopted, all with some sort of special needs). The youngest and I have made Disney trips a tradition (about 10 trips - we made a goal to stay at every Disney resort....but we LOVE the Beach Club so this will be our 3rd trip here - and first CLub Level) Anywhoooo, his dream is to have more of the family come and he shows them the ropes, so this next trip we are bringing mom, dad, and his brother, who is very high functioning autistic. pretty excited for June 13-18th to get here already!!
I have you on the list!!! Just about a month to go!

Sounds like a wonderful family who can really use some Disney magic!

Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #3687
natebenma
DIS Veteran

PHEW!!!

I think I am all caught up on the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to make sure I have your info listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Thanks!

Dee
Old 05-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #3688
Danex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
PHEW!!!

I think I am all caught up on the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to make sure I have your info listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Thanks!

Dee
Hi Dee we have booked for 2014 - July 4 to July 17! We are staying in BC GV after a mini family reunion in New York City for 5 days.

Wow this thread has moved so quick thank you so much to everyone who took the time to give me advice regarding internal flights from NY to MCO.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #3689
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Can never keep up with this thread but I always enjoy reading about everyone. We're at the ortho waiting room. Kayla's cast is coming off this morning. Didn't work so we'll find out the next step very soon. Either way she will be cast free for Disney and SAB late next week! I'll update after we are done this morning.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #3690
disn3yw0rld
Earning My Ears

I have stayed at the Beach Club over five times and I am excited that in two weeks from today I am staying at the Yacht Club for the first time
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: