Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Rags
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 918

Question Purchasing aph at Royal Pacific question?

We would like to purchase APH at the royal pacific ticket counter. Can we use Universal gift cards to purchase. I get get rewards through my local grocery store but I don't want to purchase unless I'm sure. We have called rpr but the ticket desk is really busy. I keep getting voice mail.


Thanks for the help!
__________________
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,995

I'm not sure you can purchase them at the ticket counter at the hotel. Any specific reason why you need to purchase them there and not just at the gate? You can definitely use the giftcards at the gates for the AP.

If you are wanting them because you think you need to show them at check-in, don't worry. You can show them your AP any time during your stay.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
Rags
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 918

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I'm not sure you can purchase them at the ticket counter at the hotel. Any specific reason why you need to purchase them there and not just at the gate? You can definitely use the giftcards at the gates for the AP.

If you are wanting them because you think you need to show them at check-in, don't worry. You can show them your AP any time during your stay.

Thanks! We will buy at the parks. Can't wait 3 More days
__________________
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
bellecat22
Earning My Ears
 
bellecat22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 40

When I was there a couple of months ago, Guest Relations couldn't print, sell etc an AP. They told me to go to the front of the parks. Have a great time! I'll be there in 4 days!
bellecat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I'm not sure you can purchase them at the ticket counter at the hotel. Any specific reason why you need to purchase them there and not just at the gate? You can definitely use the giftcards at the gates for the AP.

If you are wanting them because you think you need to show them at check-in, don't worry. You can show them your AP any time during your stay.
I just called Loews and they said "no" we had to have the annual pass in hand when we check in
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo View Post
I just called Loews and they said "no" we had to have the annual pass in hand when we check in
That's not true. They don't care when you show it. It is the same practice at Disney. People purchase their aps all the time once they actually get to the parks. It isn't an issue. Don't worry about it.

Last edited by damo; 05-08-2013 at 06:50 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

That's not true. They don't care when you show it. It is the same practice at Disney. People purchase their aps all the time once they actually get to the parks. It isn't an issue. Don't worry about it.
Thanks. Hope you're right. Just changed my reservation, and saved about $250. Well worth the cost of an annual pass

Quick question, if I purchased the power pass online, and want to upgrade to a preferred pass., Do I have to print the ticket at the kiosk, and take the printed ticket to guest relations, or can I just take my confirmation number to guest relations?

Last edited by tchrchgo; 05-08-2013 at 07:16 PM.
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo View Post
Thanks. Hope you're right. Just changed my reservation, and saved about $250. Well worth the cost of an annual pass
Are you upgrading a ticket or are you actually buying an annual pass? You can purchase it online and pick it up at the kiosk in the hotel if you are concerned.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 459

I purchased a power pass online but want to upgrade at the park
Can I print the power pass at the hotel and bring it to customer service in the park?
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo View Post
I purchased a power pass online but want to upgrade at the park
Can I print the power pass at the hotel and bring it to customer service in the park?
Unless it is a Florida Residents' pass, you should be able to.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!
 
Bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,955

Good thing your upgrading the AP because the power pass does not give you any discounts.

I would just take your confirmation number to guest services and upgrade from there.
__________________
Royal Pacific is our second home. Portofino Bay is a close second now.
We stopped counting, too many trips. *
Bluer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #12
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Good thing your upgrading the AP because the power pass does not give you any discounts.

I would just take your confirmation number to guest services and upgrade from there.
Thanks! You're right on- I called customer service, and they said the same thing, that since I have not yet redeemed the tickets, I should just take the confirmation number to guest services and skip the kiosk

Last edited by tchrchgo; 05-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
Lexxiefern
We were blown away
It will be nice to compare the 3
 
Lexxiefern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 3,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Are you upgrading a ticket or are you actually buying an annual pass? You can purchase it online and pick it up at the kiosk in the hotel if you are concerned.
So they have kiosks in the hotels? I am purchasing 1 annual pass (the preferred I think) and 3 power passes for the rest of my family. Can I print these at the hotel? I was going to choose will call. Thanks!
__________________
Lexxiefern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiefern View Post
So they have kiosks in the hotels? I am purchasing 1 annual pass (the preferred I think) and 3 power passes for the rest of my family. Can I print these at the hotel? I was going to choose will call. Thanks!
As long as they aren't Florida Annual passes, you can print them at the hotel kiosk.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.