Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I can't possibly imagine that the under 3 crowd could be costing Disney that much money at buffets. When I pay $35+ for an adult buffet I'm imagining they are more than making up for what my 2 yr old can eat.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
For food, at least. No word on tickets. That's what I have been told from someone in the know.

There wll be a charge for those under 3 at all buffets and all you can eat type shows and meals like Ohana.

There will be no charge for sharing of food from plate at pay-per-food ordered at TS or QS restaurants-just like now.
I spoke to my "friend" and apparently I misinterpreted what was said. Scratch this one.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #18
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
Oh ok, so I should just shut up and pay. Got it.

Some of you are such Disney's apologists, you just can't stand it when someone disagrees with Disney on something.
~LOL. I didn't read it that way, they just seem okay with the changes. The poster described actual events that have occurred in the past -- for example, the $10 ADR reservation fee. But, the "rumor" is not true anyway. Also, "shut up and pay" is impossible because you speak with your wallet -- money talks and unfortunately, this is the only message Disney "gets."

~I've certainly expressed my discontent with some of the changes I've noticed at WDW -- but I also know if I book another WDW vacation, I am condoning their actions, and contribute to what I perceive to be the "problem." Simply put, we all have a choice to accept Disney's terms or not.

Quote:
I spoke to my "friend" and apparently I misinterpreted what was said. Scratch this one.
~LOL. This is awesome! Anyway, thanks so much for the update and if your "friend" has any more info -- please don't hesitate to share!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Oh darn, there goes the idea of claiming my friend's 6yo daughter is just a verbally gifted and very coordinated two year old that is big for her age at the buffets.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 05-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
smitch425
DIS Veteran

I believe a thread title change is in order.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #21
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~LOL. This is awesome! Anyway, thanks so much for the update and if your "friend" has any more info -- please don't hesitate to share!
Just trying to have a little fun.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh ok, so I should just shut up and pay. Got it.

Some of you are such Disney's apologists, you just can't stand it when someone disagrees with Disney on something.
Actually, it wasn't Disney that you were disagreeing with. You were mad at Disney for an internet rumor that wasn't known to be true (and turns out wasn't).

As the father of a 3yo and a 2yo with a trip planned, it would be a bit of a bummer to pay a little more for the character buffets had the rumor been true, but it would only be an issue for such a limited number of experiences for a very limited amount of time, that I wouldn't see it as a deal breaker. I guess that view makes me an 'apologist'. Whatever.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Actually, it wasn't Disney that you were disagreeing with. You were mad at Disney for an internet rumor that wasn't known to be true (and turns out wasn't).

As the father of a 3yo and a 2yo with a trip planned, it would be a bit of a bummer to pay a little more for the character buffets had the rumor been true, but it would only be an issue for such a limited number of experiences for a very limited amount of time, that I wouldn't see it as a deal breaker. I guess that view makes me an 'apologist'. Whatever.
Actually the snarky comment from me was to another poster who basically said get over it, and pay for it.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually the snarky comment from me was to another poster who basically said get over it, and pay for it.
I don't think he was saying that at all. I think he was saying "this is nothing new".

One thing that retailers consider when establishing price is "shrinkage". Meaning lost product due to damages, theft, etc. They make up that loss by charging more for their product. Which is not much different than Disney charging all toddlers to prevent abuse of the system.

So you're probably already paying more for any thing you've ever bought anywhere because someone decided to "beat the system" and steal.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #25
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I can't possibly imagine that the under 3 crowd could be costing Disney that much money at buffets. When I pay $35+ for an adult buffet I'm imagining they are more than making up for what my 2 yr old can eat.
Agreed. I also don't think the few 3-year old scofflaws are are breaking Disney's bank either.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #26
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Agreed. I also don't think the few 3-year old scofflaws are are breaking Disney's bank either.
Agree.

And even Disney couldn't justify charging for a <18 month old who is barely eating solid foods in the first place...certainly not chicken nuggets and pizza.

This one didn't pass the sniff test from the get-go.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not my responsibility that someone else isnt following the rules, so why should I be punished to pay because of actions of others? That's not my problem, that's Disney's. By making it "my problem", Disney is passing the buck and taking money from the people that are actually following the rules.
Ahhh, but it is your problem and you pay for it everywhere. At restaurants, retail stores, Costco and everywhere else. The costs of spoilage, theft, maintenance, etc...are all factored into the overhead portion of everything you buy. And I mean EVERYTHING. Disney is only doing what everyone else is doing. I am not defending Disney, just explaining reality. It would be nice if the old ways could continue, but I don't fault them for trying to reduce the dishonestly of guests. I'm not sure if the rumor is true, either way it is passed on by a change in policy or increased costs elsewhere.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #28
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Ahhh, but it is your problem and you pay for it everywhere. At restaurants, retail stores, Costco and everywhere else. The costs of spoilage, theft, maintenance, etc...are all factored into the overhead portion of everything you buy. And I mean EVERYTHING. Disney is only doing what everyone else is doing. I am not defending Disney, just explaining reality. It would be nice if the old ways could continue, but I don't fault them for trying to reduce the dishonestly of guests. I'm not sure if the rumor is true, either way it is passed on by a change in policy or increased costs elsewhere.
I understand reality, I'm sure disney already includes shrinkage and spoilage in everything they offer as well.

My point was that I didn't think it was right to charge an additional fee to those who have young children, when we know that shrinkage is already included in the cost.

It doesn't really matter anyways considering this turned out to be false.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My point was that I didn't think it was right to charge an additional fee to those who have young children, when we know that shrinkage is already included in the cost.
Good point.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #30
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you completely misinterpret what was said? Is it possible Disney is going to try and "jog the memories" of parents who seem to have forgotten how old their kids are.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: