Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #3436
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Added 3 more nights up front to our Sea Raycer Split Stay of CR and WL (so now it's a trifecta split Sea Raycer stay). Booked 3 nights Poly CL/LV using the military rate. We've stayed a couple of times there, but never CL, (I always chicken out and cancel). Since I didn't have to shorten CR or WL, I'm not as apprehensive about booking and keeping Poly this time. DH joked that we'll have to pretend we're from the UK since we're staying 15 nights. Cheerio!
Sounds like fun. If you stay much longer you might have to upgrade to a pontoon for your transfers to move 15 days worth of stuff! It is great that you didn't have to shorten WL or CR, so extra Disney is all good.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #3437
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!

I am celebrating this gorgeous day with my 1,000 post on the best thread on the DIS!

Have a Magical day everyone!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #3438
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
We do understand and I think sometimes we may know more than some CMs - we're also a bit obsessed with all these details. It's all good but can lead to some confusion. I still haven't had a WDTC CM know why I request an odd numbered room at CR, but I tell them why and now some know

So the confusion here seems to be with Inner and VWL Courtyard, and yes, as Anna confirmed, there are both. If you want to request a view of the WL courtyard, just request an INNER or WL Courtyard View room. It may not appear on your confirmation, so for peace of mind, just call back about a week before your arrival and ask the WDTC CM to tell you what request is in your reservation. When you check-in just ask again to confirm. Requests can't be guaranteed, but the WL Room Assignor does a wonderful job.
Yes, the confusion is with Inner and VWL courtyard. But I am not confused CM's are!

Anyway I am happy now....it was noted correctly on my confirmation.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #3439
Plaid Sheep
What you get when two areas collide

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;48332697]I think geek translates to enthusiastic when it involves Disney - at least I hope so

Really?! Where did you guys work in the 90s? Was he this enthusiastic about making beds and cleaning back then?/QUOTE]

No, we were in Guest Relations together and he was a Tour Guide. Its been a few years, but it's got to be him!!
He left for a bit to do some acting, and I caught some commercials he did.
He was a really nice guy.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #3440
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Since we were buried at the bottom of page two, I'll regale you with my latest Resort Addition

Added 3 more nights up front to our Sea Raycer Split Stay of CR and WL (so now it's a trifecta split Sea Raycer stay). Booked 3 nights Poly CL/LV using the military rate. We've stayed a couple of times there, but never CL, (I always chicken out and cancel). Since I didn't have to shorten CR or WL, I'm not as apprehensive about booking and keeping Poly this time. DH joked that we'll have to pretend we're from the UK since we're staying 15 nights. Cheerio!
Hey Kook, if you decide to add even more and do 3 more days, make sure to add the AKL Club to the mix.

So my wife is leaving her job and (amongst other things), she is looking into doing the whole Disney TA thing from home. One of the things she's missing is a Disney cruise. So we're looking at cancelling the September Poly trip, and doing the new Disney Fantasy instead, which overlaps the dates almost exactly. We do want to come down a day early to not have to rush to catch the boat, soooooo we have some extra DVC points laying around, and there is VWL studio availability.

Can anyone give a reason why WL wouldn't be a good choice for a one-night villa stay in late September? I know we won't REALLY be able to experience it as we should, but at least it will be a little taste of the Lodge! We can scratch it off our Deluxe bucket list. (But then we'll have to add the Poly back on!)

I might as well also ask now if there is any general room request that people suggest. It's surprising there is only one category for each room size. Of course for one night it probably doesn't make a big difference.

Thanks!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03

Last edited by psac; 05-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #3441
floridafam
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any information on the rehab schedule for the Yellowstone and Yosemite suites at the lodge?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #3442
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
I can. What do I ned to do? Just shoot me a pm and we can figure something out. I'll be bringing my laptop with me so I should be able to log in and check email (I'm assuming they have free wifi there).

Anyone also checking in on saturday want to do a dismeet?

I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be 90 this weekend A definite change from the 60s we've been enjoying in NC!
Oh, I was just wondering if you were going to post some updates to us while you're at WL. Some post photos or talk about what they did or ate that day. Nothing formal, just making us all feel like we're right there with you

If no one responds, you can check the Lodgers' Log on the first page to see if anyone overlaps with you and then you can PM them to try to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Sounds like fun. If you stay much longer you might have to upgrade to a pontoon for your transfers to move 15 days worth of stuff! It is great that you didn't have to shorten WL or CR, so extra Disney is all good.
A pontoon would be perfect - or that Pirate Cruise boat would work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Good Morning All!

I am celebrating this gorgeous day with my 1,000 post on the best thread on the DIS!

Have a Magical day everyone!

We are honored to be chosen as your 1000th post thread

CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY, MANY MORE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Yes, the confusion is with Inner and VWL courtyard. But I am not confused CM's are!

Anyway I am happy now....it was noted correctly on my confirmation.
Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Sheep View Post

No, we were in Guest Relations together and he was a Tour Guide. Its been a few years, but it's got to be him!!
He left for a bit to do some acting, and I caught some commercials he did.
He was a really nice guy.
That is so neat, but he'll always be remembered for the bed wedge. Do you miss being a CM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Hey Kook, if you decide to add even more and do 3 more days, make sure to add the AKL Club to the mix.

So my wife is leaving her job and (amongst other things), she is looking into doing the whole Disney TA thing from home. One of the things she's missing is a Disney cruise. So we're looking at cancelling the September Poly trip, and doing the new Disney Fantasy instead, which overlaps the dates almost exactly. We do want to come down a day early to not have to rush to catch the boat, soooooo we have some extra DVC points laying around, and there is VWL studio availability.

Can anyone give a reason why WL wouldn't be a good choice for a one-night villa stay in late September? I know we won't REALLY be able to experience it as we should, but at least it will be a little taste of the Lodge! We can scratch it off our Deluxe bucket list. (But then we'll have to add the Poly back on!)

I might as well also ask now if there is any general room request that people suggest. It's surprising there is only one category for each room size. Of course for one night it probably doesn't make a big difference.

Thanks!
You're too funny, but no, I'm not adding 3 more days and no, why would I tell you not to stay one night at VWL?! How exciting that your DW might become a TA! Some like to request a high floor that looks out toward Bay Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafam View Post
Does anyone have any information on the rehab schedule for the Yellowstone and Yosemite suites at the lodge?

Thanks
All WL rooms were rehabbed last year. The suites were rehabbed last spring, but I don't have any updated photos of them. I will try to get some in July though.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #3443
floridafam
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the suite in October and it was not rehabbed. It was almost exactly the same as ten years earlier. I was told that it was going to be this summer but can't seem to get a confirmation on that.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #3444
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafam View Post
We stayed in the suite in October and it was not rehabbed. It was almost exactly the same as ten years earlier. I was told that it was going to be this summer but can't seem to get a confirmation on that.
Thank you so much for posting that information, floridafam. I am going to update the first page to include this. I have no idea then why they weren't rehabbed. Which suite were you in in October? Would the IPO know when they might be rehabbed? I could ask them if that might help.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #3445
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're too funny, but no, I'm not adding 3 more days and no, why would I tell you not to stay one night at VWL?! How exciting that your DW might become a TA! Some like to request a high floor that looks out toward Bay Lake
Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't really think you would say not to stay at VWL.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #3446
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK I blame you for this haha!! We just took advantage of the 30% Visa Discount to switch our first 3 nights over to the Polynesian Club Level - Garden View. We have never stayed there before and so super excited to try it.

Still equally as excited to be going back home for the remainder of our stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I am not sure if its because it was the first resort we stayed at or the amazing experience we had when we went back for our honeymoon but it sure holds a special place for us.

So we will now be at the Poly Club 9/2 - 9/5 and then WL Club 9/5 - 9/11. Yay!!!!

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Old 05-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #3447
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't really think you would say not to stay at VWL.
HA! I am rather partial to Bay Lake, in a split stay kind of way. Are you thinking of booking the Studio or One Bedroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr81 View Post
WDWKOOK I blame you for this haha!! We just took advantage of the 30% Visa Discount to switch our first 3 nights over to the Polynesian Club Level - Garden View. We have never stayed there before and so super excited to try it.

Still equally as excited to be going back home for the remainder of our stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I am not sure if its because it was the first resort we stayed at or the amazing experience we had when we went back for our honeymoon but it sure holds a special place for us.

So we will now be at the Poly Club 9/2 - 9/5 and then WL Club 9/5 - 9/11. Yay!!!!

Fine, I'll take all the split stay blame and I even updated your Log entry. But, when are you adding CR/CL?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #3448
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK

Good morning early riser!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #3449
floridafam
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK,

We stayed in the Yosemite Suite. If you can find out any information, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #3450
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Fine, I'll take all the split stay blame and I even updated your Log entry. But, when are you adding CR/CL?
Haha! I wish!! We stayed there for our first night in 2011 and DH isn't a big fan. Hoping to one day talk him in to giving BLT a try though!

I am envious of your 15 nights - would be so awesome to be away from work for that long! I hope your trip is fantastic! :-)

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: