Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonorailLime View Post
And you are incorrect. Disney has said that you may PREBOOK THREE FASTPASSES. Where people come up with the idea that you are limited to three for the day is ludicrous. Again, you don't know how many you will get, just how many you prebook. Don't make assumptions. For testing purposes, three was used because FastPass+ did not have the entire server system online -- just a limited quantity with beta software. Why overload and crash a conceptual beta test?
Disney has not said, a single time, that you can get more than three FP+, other than they "might" be able to offer more in some situations. They have not you can get more in the parks, or if any will even be available. Despite, for months, of people questioning it. So I am NOT incorrect, based on the information Disney has provided.

So, again, it's based on the information available. If the information is incorrect, or it changes - fine. Opinions will change. However, Disney has released information, and opinions can form based on that information, and we are free to express those opinions - because it might get them to change things, or clarify things, etc.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
MonorailLime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
Here's the thing, this Fast Pass + has had negative responses all over the internet, not just on The DIS. Either 1 of 2 things is true, it really is as bad as people are making it out to be, or Disney is losing the PR battle with this thing pretty badly.

As to your comment on don't go, I don't think thats what Disney wants us to do.

I don't want to plan my vacation ride for ride, I know I don't have to participate, but that means less regular fast passes for me to get while I'm there. If this is not how this system is going to go, then Disney needs to step up and squash the "rumors". Again, this isnt just isolated to The Dis, people are saying the same thing all over the internet about it.
The problem is that it's not easy to squash rumors. Disney is studying how to continue and integrate the system of Legacy FastPass with the introduction of FastPass+. As of right now, if you don't prebook, FastPass+ will allow you to utilize it just as LegacyFastPass does now -- FastPasses at the park subject to availability. FastPass+ prebookings have a select number available and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. In addition, Disney is more than DOUBLING the FastPass+ attractions available. This means that for a standard attraction with LegacyFastPass, they could theoretically have more than double the FastPass+ capacity than LegacyFastPass.
The internet is full of speculation. I can assure you that less than 5000 Guests were invited to the beta tests, and they were BETA TESTS. They were used to find the problems and the Guests invited were informed that these were TESTS. They signed a waiver understanding that this is not a complete product. FASTPASS+ IS NOT COMPLETE. It is still in development until roll out.
Additionally, FastPass and FastPass+ are complimentary. Disney has NO obligation to provide them. You don't pay for it. So whatever they do with it is their choice. Until I know how it works and it has been deployed, I'm patiently waiting.
MonorailLime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
EDIT: While I only have 3 posts, I have been lurking for some time, and this is a trend that DisBoards has that isn't so apparent at other sites. It's aggravating to see people who don't know what they're talking about create a negative image for a product that isn't available yet.
FYI, not one of the sites is a big as the DISboards.

And how do you know I DON'T know what I'm talking about? You know as much about me as I know about you.

Sigh...really need to get back to work and stop reading...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 05-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #19
MonorailLime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Disney has not said, a single time, that you can get more than three FP+, other than they "might" be able to offer more in some situations. They have not you can get more in the parks, or if any will even be available. Despite, for months, of people questioning it. So I am NOT incorrect, based on the information Disney has provided.

So, again, it's based on the information available. If the information is incorrect, or it changes - fine. Opinions will change. However, Disney has released information, and opinions can form based on that information, and we are free to express those opinions - because it might get them to change things, or clarify things, etc.
But they have. I changed my FastPass+ options on the MyDisneyExperience App once I was inside the Magic Kingdom. Additionally, there were kiosks available in each land except for Circus that allowed you to change or modify the FastPass options. The Cast Members working those locations ALL UNANIMOUSLY stated that these are the locations where you will be able to get additional FP+ options and make changes to your itinerary.
The negative comments on this program have persisted for months. They're not going to say or do anything until it's roll out time. They are engineers, not PR Reps. Their goal is to create a unique experience tailored to EVERYONE. That's a daunting task.
Again, FastPass+ is free. If you don't like how it works, go pay for ExpressPass at Universal. Disney has not stated how it will work because it's not yet ready. Your information is based off of BETA TEST standards. That's seldom a reliable metric.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Iger said he also expects MyMagic+ to lure more people into staying in Disney hotels, likely because they will be given access to more of the system's perks than guests who spend their nights in off-property competitors.
Anyone else intrigued by this? Seems to offer some credence to the concern that perhaps FP+ will be tied in some way to staying on site (perhaps on site people get more prebookings, or something similar).

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
MonorailLime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
Anyone else intrigued by this? Seems to offer some credence to the concern that perhaps FP+ will be tied in some way to staying on site (perhaps on site people get more prebookings, or something similar).
There has been discussion that Extra Magic Hours will end and FastPass+ will create "virtual time" for Guests staying in Disney Resorts. If this is the case, it's perfectly fine. It's time-for-time. HOWEVER, I would reckon that Iger said this thinking in terms of tap-to-enter, improved room charging, and MagicBands also have a secret.
MagicBands have batteries (check the FCC approval). RFID's don't need these unless they are actively broadcasting without a receiver nearby. With the expansion of interactive Queues and the rapid deployment of interactive experiences, I would see him referring to the hidden experiences within the park.
Also, they have been performing Play-Tests in Town Square Theater with the interactive mickey that debuted at D23 last year. (SPECULATION) I would imagine that one day, the MagicBand would allow Mickey to hold a dialogue with you as if you were a friend.
Also, FP+ pre-bookings will most likely be available only to those staying in Disney Resorts as the MagicBand will be associated with your MyDisneyExperience account. Standard tickets will not have this functionality.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
But they have. I changed my FastPass+ options on the MyDisneyExperience App once I was inside the Magic Kingdom. Additionally, there were kiosks available in each land except for Circus that allowed you to change or modify the FastPass options. The Cast Members working those locations ALL UNANIMOUSLY stated that these are the locations where you will be able to get additional FP+ options and make changes to your itinerary.
The negative comments on this program have persisted for months. They're not going to say or do anything until it's roll out time. They are engineers, not PR Reps. Their goal is to create a unique experience tailored to EVERYONE. That's a daunting task.
Again, FastPass+ is free. If you don't like how it works, go pay for ExpressPass at Universal. Disney has not stated how it will work because it's not yet ready. Your information is based off of BETA TEST standards. That's seldom a reliable metric.
So, apparently you were a member of a test group that took part in a test that more expansive that any we've heard before, and you were given more information that Disney has provided before.

That is additional information, but it remains to be seen if that information is reliable. If you are as knowledgeable as you appear, you know that anything CMs say needs to be taken with the Great Salt Lake.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
I've read that FP+ will be tied to onsite stays, if you aren't staying onsite, then you have to compete for a regular fast past.

But then again, since disney is putting out very little information, I guess that's just pure speculation.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
MonorailLime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
So, apparently you were a member of a test group that took part in a test that more expansive that any we've heard before, and you were given more information that Disney has provided before.

That is additional information, but it remains to be seen if that information is reliable. If you are as knowledgeable as you appear, you know that anything CMs say needs to be taken with the Great Salt Lake.
I was part of the last FP+ test. And again I state this is the information I was provided, but until the program deploys, you are assuming that you understand how the system works. Since Disney has said little, again, because the program is still in the test-and-adjust phase of development, things can change rapidly.
NOBODY BUT DISNEY knows what is going to be the case. This is like someone reviewing a movie before it opens in the box-office. You really can't.
All I'm saying is that your negativity is based on BETA TEST standards that were available to a limited audience for metric purposes only. We don't know the implications of the program because it's not available yet.
You can't judge a book by its' cover, or sleeve. You have to read it and understand it, and you can't do this until it's available to experience.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Also, FP+ pre-bookings will most likely be available only to those staying in Disney Resorts as the MagicBand will be associated with your MyDisneyExperience account. Standard tickets will not have this functionality.
This definitely conflicts with what Disney has stated - that it will be available to anyone with at least a Magic Your Way ticket, and a mechanism to enter MYW ticket info online will be provided (if you don't have your tickets ahead of time, then you won't be able to do it in advance). MYW ticket holders will also be able to "upgrade" to a MagicBand.

Of course, everything is subject to change.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #26
MonorailLime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
This definitely conflicts with what Disney has stated - that it will be available to anyone with at least a Magic Your Way ticket, and a mechanism to enter MYW ticket info online will be provided (if you don't have your tickets ahead of time, then you won't be able to do it in advance). MYW ticket holders will also be able to "upgrade" to a MagicBand.

Of course, everything is subject to change.
My apologies. I guess I didn't explain this enough. The number on the back of the card (ticket, and I've been told MagicBands have these numbers as well) link themselves to you. They are required because the FastPass+ server saves your virtual FastPass to that number.
Assuming you don't have a ticket, you wouldn't be able to pre-book a FastPass, else Disney runs the risk of having thousands of people book thinking they'll show up and not doing so.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #27
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
All I'm saying is that your negativity is based on BETA TEST standards that were available to a limited audience for metric purposes only. We don't know the implications of the program because it's not available yet.
1) You are probably reading more negativity into my statements than is being meant. I simply used the FP+ information as an example.

2) My "negativity" is not at all based on a beta test I had not heard of until your previous post. How could it have been?

It's all based on statements direct from Disney - Iger, Rasulo, and Franlin, who heads the project - particularly.

Previous tests have been so limited that I really can't use them to base anything on.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Disney is targeting people who could be spending more, but don't have the time, or incentive to do so. MyMagic+ aims to understand your likes and dislikes and tailor a personalized experience to you. YOU decide how much you spend, not Disney. Disney is simply making it easier for you to spend. It's similar to saying that 'eating McDonalds makes you fat,' when in reality, your choice to eat McDonalds makes you fat.
There's a difference in accessibility and use of a program. I love TapToEnter. I don't have to dig through my wallet to find my room key. I simply tap the whole wallet and I'm in my room. This is helpful when my hands are full with luggage, or breakfast because the family is just waking up.
However, I limit how much I can spend at the Front Desk. It's my responsibility to utilize an easily accessible item within the limits I understand myself.
This sparked a thought... what if I do not use my Magic Band to make purchases? I always stock up on Disney gift cards before I go and pay for everything this way... (yes I know you can have GC linked to your band, but it makes me feel better to have them and have my remaining balance given back to me after every transaction) So when they talk about marketing to certain people based on likes/dislikes (I have read in another post about possible coupons) how will they know if I like tshirts, plush, mugs or hats if it's all paid for with a Disney gift card? Hope I am making sense...
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #29
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
This sparked a thought... what if I do not use my Magic Band to make purchases? I always stock up on Disney gift cards before I go and pay for everything this way... (yes I know you can have GC linked to your band, but it makes me feel better to have them and have my remaining balance given back to me after every transaction) So when they talk about marketing to certain people based on likes/dislikes (I have read in another post about possible coupons) how will they know if I like tshirts, plush, mugs or hats if it's all paid for with a Disney gift card? Hope I am making sense...
Then it is no different that before...they don't get the same info on that transaction.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #30
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Then it is no different that before...they don't get the same info on that transaction.
So no surprise coupons for me? Drat! Curse me and my prepurchasing of gift cards! Thank you, by the way!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: