Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
bless7ings
DIS Veteran

Yes, have done that, but it has been done in a large family(as you can see in my signature). I have never done it with one adult and one child. But, we have ordered half the meals of our family and split them. I have felt a bit funny about it, but they do what you ask for. There was one restaurant in Italy(Epcot that isn't there now) that the waiter was very rude about it, but if that is your order, it is not against the rules.

We split outside of Disney more and more all the time. Some restaurants charge an extra plate fee for splitting. But we usually order an appetizer(because we love them) and an entree. When they kinda look at us questionally if that is all and if they understand us right. We say, yes could you please bring the appetizer out like usual and the entree out with no extra plates please. They are like, ok are you sure you don't want an extra plate? We have always managed to skirt around the extra plate fee, by ordering two items and no extra plates.

I don't think Disney does or lets say the majority of them I don't believe do. I am thinking, their might be one or two that might say that. Just have to see if anyone says they have had a problem or decide to be bold and see for yourself.

It seems hard at first because it is out of the norm, but once you get used to it, it makes sense to be:

1. Using your credits wisely for your purposes
2. Not wasting food
3. Not overeating, because you were taught to never waste food.
4. Just plainly getting more bang for your buck!

It is up to you, and how much you eat, or for that matter eat a bit and save room for the things that look awesome, but I am never hungry to eat!!!

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18

dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinginontario View Post
Has anyone else ever shared a child's meal at a TS location where you order off the menu? Did they question it or allow it?
Are you asking about using a child's credit to purchase a meal for an adult? I think you might be able to order one child's meal and you both could eat it, but you could not order two kid's meal (unless you have two kids).

This is in the Dining Plan brochure (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...13Dining.pdf):
Quote:
Q. Can Guests ages 10+ use Guests ages 3-9 meal entitlements?
A. Sorry, meal entitlements cannot be shared between Guests ages 10+ and Guests ages 3-9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bless7ings View Post
There was one restaurant in Italy(Epcot that isn't there now) that the waiter was very rude about it, but if that is your order, it is not against the rules.
I just wanted to clarify: the servers at Via Napoli are nice about it, but the restaurant does not allow sharing when paying with the DDP. Each person dining must redeem a credit (or pay out of pocket). If you're paying OOP, then you can share as much as you want.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
tammyroo
Mouseketeer

We've done this for years. We only do the dining plan when its free because we can't enough food to cover what it costs. My husband and I or daughter and I often share meals. If we have signature dining experiences then the leftover credits go towards the regular one credit meals.

One thing we also do is use one CS credit and get breakfast platter to share in the mornings. Then use the other CS credit and share lunch. That way we are more able to enjoy our evening meals.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last summer we wasted so much food. Maybe this year we can share?
Perhaps you should go OOP since you wasted so much food.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #20
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for this info! I didn't realize there was a possibility to share a TS credit. Hmmm...will need to keep this in mind as it will just be my 4yo and I traveling together. We have a meal booked at Kona Cafe. Last summer we wasted so much food. Maybe this year we can share? It would mean though that at one of the TS locations we'd need to share a child's meal but we have so much food on the DP that I don't foresee this being a problem.

Has anyone else ever shared a child's meal at a TS location where you order off the menu? Did they question it or allow it?

Thanks!
There's not a lot of food on the kids' meals for you to share without something to supplement. An app and pay for it OOP perhaps??
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: