Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #931
SwanBride2015
Getting Married 6/21/2014
 
SwanBride2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 20

In response to Garden Grove

Hi ladies,
Sorry it has been awhile since I have been on... Been doing the teaching stuff as well as wedding planning.

I am getting married at the Swan in June of 14. We are having our reception at Garden Grove. I already completed the contract. I talked with the assistant manager on the phone a couple weekends ago.. Here is the information I received....

They can accomodate up to 250 people if you want to rent out the whole place. We are having between 35-50 people (too early to tell yet). They are completely ok with that and we are having it upstairs. Also as far as the menu.. It sounds like they are revamping a few things over the next year in regards to the menu. (wink wink) like it won't be a buffet anymore. They are looking to do plated dinners. From what I was told the prices look to be about 28-34 a person. This is still in the works but sounds like what is planned to happen. Hope that helps!

Also, we are planning this wedding from Illinois. It has been a lot of fun. Nothing too challenging yet. I guess just getting people to return their preliminary reply cards. Don't understand what is so hard about marking the box yes, no or maybe!!! Drives me nuts. Sent them out March 1st and we are still waiting on quite a few. Due date is June 1st.

If you have any questions... just ask Always here to help!!!
__________________




Danielle

Disney '89 Camped. Christmas Disney '07 stayed at All Start Sports
SwanBride2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #932
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanBride2015 View Post
They can accomodate up to 250 people if you want to rent out the whole place. We are having between 35-50 people (too early to tell yet). They are completely ok with that and we are having it upstairs.
Two questions about this...
1. Are they charging for a buy-out of the place?
2. What do you mean "upstairs"? On the platform with the tree?

Just some clarifying questions to help our ladies! Thanks!
__________________
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #933
SwanBride2015
Getting Married 6/21/2014
 
SwanBride2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 20

We are not personally buying out the whole place for the 250 people. She did say that you can do that though. I don't know what the cost is because I don't need to do that. We are on the same floor with the tree. Like what you had Faith. (I called it the upstairs, I guess that is incorrect wording. I meant around the tree area)
__________________




Danielle

Disney '89 Camped. Christmas Disney '07 stayed at All Start Sports
SwanBride2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #934
mom914
Earning My Ears
 
mom914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7

Smile Hello!

Hello Everyone!
I am new to DIS and I am getting married at the Swan and Dolphin in 71 days!

Planning a wedding from CT and never personally being at the SWD and trusting it all in the hands of others is truly something so I turned to all of you and these boards and have been doing some reading hoping for some peace of mind :-) not that I have not felt comfortable with Erin and the ladies from Just Marry. I can say that after doing some reading I have heard some great things that have put my mind at ease a little and made me relax much more but What could go wrong it is a Disney Wedding Right?
Thanks for having me and just for the record I was engaged in Cinderella's castle on our anniversary last July and we are going to be married on the white sand beach this July on the same date...Yippee!
__________________
Sue
mom914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #935
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Welcome! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!


Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #936
mom914
Earning My Ears
 
mom914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7

Thank you very Much. I am a little nervous leaving all the planning to someone else and never having stepped foot at the Swan but from what I have read her on DIS I don't think I have much to worry about!
__________________
Sue
mom914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #937
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,149

Welcome Sue! Can't wait to hear about your big day!
__________________
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #938
LoriGirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Covington, GA
Posts: 13

Questions on pricing

Can you give us some idea of what pricing is running on weddings there? I'm looking for near end of next year or Jan 2015 and still not sure on where I'm having mine. I'm still crunching numbers on an intimate ceremony and torn between a Disney wedding or Swan & Dolphin. Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanBride2015 View Post
Hi ladies,
Sorry it has been awhile since I have been on... Been doing the teaching stuff as well as wedding planning.

I am getting married at the Swan in June of 14. We are having our reception at Garden Grove. I already completed the contract. I talked with the assistant manager on the phone a couple weekends ago.. Here is the information I received....

They can accomodate up to 250 people if you want to rent out the whole place. We are having between 35-50 people (too early to tell yet). They are completely ok with that and we are having it upstairs. Also as far as the menu.. It sounds like they are revamping a few things over the next year in regards to the menu. (wink wink) like it won't be a buffet anymore. They are looking to do plated dinners. From what I was told the prices look to be about 28-34 a person. This is still in the works but sounds like what is planned to happen. Hope that helps!

Also, we are planning this wedding from Illinois. It has been a lot of fun. Nothing too challenging yet. I guess just getting people to return their preliminary reply cards. Don't understand what is so hard about marking the box yes, no or maybe!!! Drives me nuts. Sent them out March 1st and we are still waiting on quite a few. Due date is June 1st.

If you have any questions... just ask Always here to help!!!
LoriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #939
SwanBride2015
Getting Married 6/21/2014
 
SwanBride2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 20

Pricing

Hi LoriGirl....

I will help you as much as I can... I am rather new at this considering we just started planning this past December and we are getting married June of 14. Pricing will definately change for you by 2015. A lot of pricing isn't even out for me yet! LOL

For starters, I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing the Passporters Guide to WDW weddings. Google search it. I bought the online version and it is AWESOME! It downloaded into a PDF. This gives you a lot of information about DFTW and Swan weddings.

Next, you need to decide about how many people you want to invite and how much you are willing to spend.

DFTW has VERY strict guidelines you must adhere to. They offer 4 different packages. The smallest package is for only the bride and groom I believe. So if you plan to elope. Then there is the escape package. That is the one we considered. However, you are capped at a max of 20 people INCLUDING bride and groom. The initial cost isn't bad however we couldn't stay within 20 people. Then there is the wishes package... which a lot of brides do. I believe these are in the 10K-20K range. You have to meet a food and beverage minimum and depending on the night of the week will depend how much you have to spend. The last package is the couture and those weddings start at 65k

Phewhhh! That was a lot!

Now as far as Swan weddings which is more my league and what we are doing. There are a few different packages you can do with them. We are doing the cheapest package which is 1850.00. This comes with the bare minimum but that is ok with us because we wanted to add everything ourselves. The great thing about SD weddings is that you can book a year out. We actually were able to book 16 months out! You will be matched up with a planner through Just Marry. We decided to book our music, reception and photography ourselves. (if you book at DFTW you HAVE to use their vendors!) I did not want to be restrained that way.

It is all a matter of personal choice....
If you decide to do a SD wedding you cannot get married in the castle or have pictures there. You can't rent the Cinderalla carriage. That was not a concern for us considering the carriage is 3k alone!

Whichever you choose you can still host Dessert Parties just so you know.

There are always pluses and minuses to both. You have to sit down and really decide what is most important to you and what you are NOT willing to budge on. Then decide if you want a DFTW or a SD wedding.

I hope this was helpful! If you need anymore help or advice please let me know. Also, if you have a FB account there are LOTS of Disney Bride groups on there!

Good luck in your planning and keep us posted!
__________________




Danielle

Disney '89 Camped. Christmas Disney '07 stayed at All Start Sports
SwanBride2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #940
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGirl View Post
Can you give us some idea of what pricing is running on weddings there? I'm looking for near end of next year or Jan 2015 and still not sure on where I'm having mine. I'm still crunching numbers on an intimate ceremony and torn between a Disney wedding or Swan & Dolphin. Thanks!!
Lori, what I like about S/D is the flexibility. We were torn like you are between DFTW and S/D. We wound up going with S/D because we got more bang for our buck and received better service than many DFTW girls. DFTW prices rise almost every year. S/D raised their prices for 2013 and I'm sure by 2015 it will be raised again.

It's a personal decision, that's for sure. But, for $10k I was able to have my dream Disney wedding without paying the DFTW price tag.
__________________
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #941
LoriGirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Covington, GA
Posts: 13

Thanks for the information!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Lori, what I like about S/D is the flexibility. We were torn like you are between DFTW and S/D. We wound up going with S/D because we got more bang for our buck and received better service than many DFTW girls. DFTW prices rise almost every year. S/D raised their prices for 2013 and I'm sure by 2015 it will be raised again.

It's a personal decision, that's for sure. But, for $10k I was able to have my dream Disney wedding without paying the DFTW price tag.
Faith, I went back and read all of your information. Loved your wedding pictures!! Looks like everything turned out beautiful. I did purchase the Passporters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons book and that has also been helpful. I am very much leaning towards the S/D. That is more in my price range. I'm looking at 30 to 35 people on a $6000 budget. I'm hoping that is do-able. I loved your lantern idea on the back of the chairs and plan on attempting to use that in my wedding as well. Please let me know if you are interested in selling some of your lanterns. I will be scouring these pages for information over the next 18 months. I'm loving all these ideas I'm seeing! Thanks so very much for all of your helpful information.
LoriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #942
LoriGirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Covington, GA
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanBride2015 View Post
Hi LoriGirl....

I will help you as much as I can... I am rather new at this considering we just started planning this past December and we are getting married June of 14. Pricing will definately change for you by 2015. A lot of pricing isn't even out for me yet! LOL

For starters, I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing the Passporters Guide to WDW weddings. Google search it. I bought the online version and it is AWESOME! It downloaded into a PDF. This gives you a lot of information about DFTW and Swan weddings.

Next, you need to decide about how many people you want to invite and how much you are willing to spend.

DFTW has VERY strict guidelines you must adhere to. They offer 4 different packages. The smallest package is for only the bride and groom I believe. So if you plan to elope. Then there is the escape package. That is the one we considered. However, you are capped at a max of 20 people INCLUDING bride and groom. The initial cost isn't bad however we couldn't stay within 20 people. Then there is the wishes package... which a lot of brides do. I believe these are in the 10K-20K range. You have to meet a food and beverage minimum and depending on the night of the week will depend how much you have to spend. The last package is the couture and those weddings start at 65k

Phewhhh! That was a lot!

Now as far as Swan weddings which is more my league and what we are doing. There are a few different packages you can do with them. We are doing the cheapest package which is 1850.00. This comes with the bare minimum but that is ok with us because we wanted to add everything ourselves. The great thing about SD weddings is that you can book a year out. We actually were able to book 16 months out! You will be matched up with a planner through Just Marry. We decided to book our music, reception and photography ourselves. (if you book at DFTW you HAVE to use their vendors!) I did not want to be restrained that way.

It is all a matter of personal choice....
If you decide to do a SD wedding you cannot get married in the castle or have pictures there. You can't rent the Cinderalla carriage. That was not a concern for us considering the carriage is 3k alone!

Whichever you choose you can still host Dessert Parties just so you know.

There are always pluses and minuses to both. You have to sit down and really decide what is most important to you and what you are NOT willing to budge on. Then decide if you want a DFTW or a SD wedding.

I hope this was helpful! If you need anymore help or advice please let me know. Also, if you have a FB account there are LOTS of Disney Bride groups on there!

Good luck in your planning and keep us posted!
Thanks so very much. This information is invaluable for me. I do think I'm leaning towards a S/D wedding. I'm trying to stay within a $6000 budget for 30-35 people and hoping this is do-able. I will check out the facebook link as well. I'm so excited and am loving all these great ideas I'm seeing. Please keep your posts coming. I'm gonna be following them closely. I'm in GA and am also planning this from a different state, so like you, I depend on this site a lot. Thanks!!!
LoriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #943
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGirl View Post
Faith, I went back and read all of your information. Loved your wedding pictures!! Looks like everything turned out beautiful. I did purchase the Passporters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons book and that has also been helpful. I am very much leaning towards the S/D. That is more in my price range. I'm looking at 30 to 35 people on a $6000 budget. I'm hoping that is do-able. I loved your lantern idea on the back of the chairs and plan on attempting to use that in my wedding as well. Please let me know if you are interested in selling some of your lanterns. I will be scouring these pages for information over the next 18 months. I'm loving all these ideas I'm seeing! Thanks so very much for all of your helpful information.
Unfortunately, I threw all my lanterns away after the wedding! I bought them from another bride and by the time we had finished with them they were ripping.

Tell us what you're hoping to do for your wedding.. a ceremony and a reception? Just a ceremony? What time of day? Answering these questions can help us help you determine what type of budget you're looking at. I'd say that for 30-35 people $6k at the S/D can get you fairly far.
__________________
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #944
jbcs43
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8

I'm so excited its official my wedding date is set for May 17, 2014 at 5pm at the Swan and Dolphin Resort. I'm so excited but still nervous about letting some one else in control of my wedding . I heard story's about how brides wedding flowers are wilted when they get them and hope that doesn't happen to me . My DF and I are paying for the whole wedding and we are hoping to spend about 12,000 to 14,000 tops for the whole thing. We are have 34-25 people come. Is this budget possible. We are paying for 2 hours of the photography is this worth the price And how are the pictures . Where should we stay once the wedding is over is it cheaper to just go to a different hotel after or to stay there. Can someone please help me ?thanks
jbcs43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #945
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcs43 View Post
I'm so excited its official my wedding date is set for May 17, 2014 at 5pm at the Swan and Dolphin Resort. I'm so excited but still nervous about letting some one else in control of my wedding . I heard story's about how brides wedding flowers are wilted when they get them and hope that doesn't happen to me . My DF and I are paying for the whole wedding and we are hoping to spend about 12,000 to 14,000 tops for the whole thing. We are have 34-25 people come. Is this budget possible. We are paying for 2 hours of the photography is this worth the price And how are the pictures . Where should we stay once the wedding is over is it cheaper to just go to a different hotel after or to stay there. Can someone please help me ?thanks
Congrats!

I had wonderful flowers as did the majority of our brides. I wouldn't worry.

We had a regular ceremony and a buffet dinner for 53 people for around that budget. You should be fine!

What kinds of events do you want for the wedding? Ceremony, yes, but what else? Reception? Where? What time of day?

We can help!
__________________
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: