Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
breandconsmom
Earning My Ears

Post Pop or AoA Little Mermaid rooms

Just booked Pop the other day for a stay in late August at Pop. Am considering changing to AoA LM rooms.

Traveling with DH, DD 17 and DS 7. DD has been to Disney 3 other times and DS went when he was 2 1/2 so doesn't remember anything.

Any advice? Has anyone stayed at AoA in the LM rooms? We have a preferred room booked at Pop with the RO promotion.

Thanks,

Kim
breandconsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I've stayed one night at Little Mermaid just to do it. Personally I don't think it was worth the extra cost to stay there. Disney charges a good bit more to stay there. I have All Star Music for 3 nights in July and to switch that to a LM room would be more than $100 more (since there are no discounts on the LM rooms). Another thing to consider is the reasons you had for booking a preferred room at Pop. If you wanted that type of room because it is closer to the food court and bus stops, then you won't get that at Little Mermaid - it's the furthest section from either at AoA. If you wanted preferred to be close to the pool, LM does have its own pool.

Personally? I'd change only if you are huge Little Mermaid fans. Pop and AoA are joined by a bridge, so if you want to see AoA you can just walk over there. You can't use the pools, but you can look around and eat at the food court if you want.
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

My friend and I stayed at LM for just one night last Dec..wasn't too bad since we split the cost. Now, I'm heading down to WDW in three weeks....4 nights at AllStar Music (about $90 a night) and then over to AoA-LM for our last 2 nights....$170ish for Sat night, $140ish for Sunday night!!! Ridiculous if you ask me. BUT, my dd, 19, has been a LM nut since she was 2!! So, we're staying there for those 2 nights and then probably never again.
Only you can decide if the addtl cost is worth it to you. It's a beautifully themed resort.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Deputyjc
Earning My Ears

If the biggest thing is price, then the LM rooms do Not qualify for discounts. I have a LM room booked for three nights in sept and my TA did a lot of research and found that a room at Pop with a RO discount was only 25$ cheaper per night over the Rack rate at AoA. I've stayed at Pop several times and enjoyed my stays, but for an extra 75$ it's worth it to me to stay somewhere different.
Deputyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

We had originally booked pop just before new years and ended up switching to AoA LM bc the price difference at that time was like a $10 difference. I absolutely loved everything about AoA and if going value, would stay there again in a heartbeat. It's such beautiful resort. I have never stayed at Pop though and for $100 I would prob just stay there. They are both value and besides theming, very comparable. Like PP said, def walk over to AoA to check it out.
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: