Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #1696
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928 View Post
Looking for advice! Now that free dining is a definite does anyone see any reason why I shouldn't book the flights? We are arriving 9/25 and the flights are low right now and I'm afraid it will go up. I plan to call at 7am on Thursday morning to add it to my reservation. I'm hoping everything works out. I wish it were Thursday already!
No, I would say you are safe now, GP FD offer will be the same as the DV FD offer :-). Only exception would be if you have no flexibility or would cancel if you could not get a certain room type or resort.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #1697
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
What a great thread!!! I literally got tears in my eyes over and over!!

OK now that we have either gotten our FD or are waiting until tomorrow to call...we have some time to spare.

Sooooo, with that, what is the one Table Service you are hoping to score. I so wanted "Be Our Guest" but can not get it for the first week of Sept. no matter how many times a day I look.

What is your one "must do" TS for your free dining pleasure??

Thanks again Black...you done a good thing here
Keep trying for BOG, you might just win the Disney jackpot. Fortunately we did score BOG for last week of Sept. and 4 yr. old DD and I are SUPER excited! Where did you book instead of BOG?

Must do character meal! We have CRT (girls ONLY!) to celebrate DD turning 5. Tusker House to celebrate DS turning 2 and Chef Mickey for good-bye breakfast.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #1698
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by downing426 View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been answered a bunch of times before. I was wondering when the Fall-Winter FD promotions (looking at mid-Nov) are typically listed by Disney? I want to say it is mid-July, but I feel like I saw somewhere it could be into August as well. Does anyone know specific dates when they've been listed in the past?
Thanks!
The October - December FD dates are not released annually until July, sometimes August.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #1699
pxedst21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
As we sit here waiting to see what Thursday will bring anyone want to humor me by helping me sort out my never ending indecisiveness over resorts

We are currently booked at AOA LM. We originally wanted to book an AOA suite like last year but it was way out of budget. We really, really love AOA. The zero entry pool and splash pad being the number one seller for us as both my kids are not fond of being held in the water they like some freedom. Since AOA LM is a no go for the discount I am stuck.
Pop seems super fun for my kids but I am just not fond of the theme or look.. I have two pretty light sleepers so I worry about noise level and I am bummed that there is no zero entry pool. I love the one bus stop!
I am also considering POR because of the AB rooms. We would book preferred to be guaranteed AB. I love the bigger beds, trundle (my 2 year old could use that rather than a pack n play) and the two sinks. My oldest son liked the theme of the AB rooms but he resort as a whole, though very very nice and lush just does not feel fun!

What would you do?
Say the heck with it and keep LM AOA paying for the dining plan(we are fine with the price point but are more comfortable with a lower price)
Move to Pop with FD upgrade
Move to POR preferred with FD

Thanks all!!
We love POR-stayed there several times and will be there this coming trip too If I'm not mistaken, I thought they did away with the trundle beds and redid the rooms with murphy beds instead----maybe someone else who knows for sure could confirm? The pictures show it as a bench under the tv, then it folds down for the bed. Not sure I'd put a 2 yr old on it from the pictures, just my opinion. One thing we have done many times though, when you are checking in ask them for a toddler bed guard. It just slides under the mattress and makes a side rail on the bed. We'd put that on the side by our youngest and have one of the older ones sleeping on the other side to help block them in.

As for POP, we stayed there Feb 2012, and while it was noisy by the pool,lobby areas; where our room was it was actually very quiet and peaceful. We were at the end of one of the wings and it overlooked a big grassy area with trees and then another wing of one of the other buildings. We were also right across from where they were in the process of building AOA which was neat to watch. But as far as night time, it wasn't very noisy at all. I've also heard the buses for the All Stars have gotten a lot better, many were saying they had their own bus lines for their stays.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #1700
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsmama View Post
Booked! September 22-28 at ASMo . So I just call back 7am tomorrow and tell them I want FD added right?
Yes :-)
Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #1701
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Speaking of...I will be interested to hear how the wait times are on Thursday. If they're as short as they were on Monday, then I'm going to say September isn't going to be all that crowded. In years past, it was common for everyone to wait an hour+ on hold to book free dining. Monday was more like 10-15 minutes and everyone was talking about how fast they got through. This may get interesting...
The phone lines and this entire board will BLOW UP Thursday morning! Pure free dining insanity :-)

And be ready for a lot of repetitive questions ;-)
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #1702
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Soon it will be time for an October/November thread.
Don't be leaving out December, dude!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #1703
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymama444 View Post
Omg. So excited about fd for gp called this a.m. It's not until tomorrow. Cm giggled said call back tomorrow It's gp on the 9 th Ughhhhh!
How cute! Always good to have a practice run. Now you are ready for tomorrow!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #1704
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
As we sit here waiting to see what Thursday will bring anyone want to humor me by helping me sort out my never ending indecisiveness over resorts

We are currently booked at AOA LM. We originally wanted to book an AOA suite like last year but it was way out of budget. We really, really love AOA. The zero entry pool and splash pad being the number one seller for us as both my kids are not fond of being held in the water they like some freedom. Since AOA LM is a no go for the discount I am stuck.
Pop seems super fun for my kids but I am just not fond of the theme or look.. I have two pretty light sleepers so I worry about noise level and I am bummed that there is no zero entry pool. I love the one bus stop!

Thanks all!!
I we mainly stay at All Star Movies, it is our favorite value resort. It does not have multiple bus stops. A few times when we have stayed there, we have had to drop off at the other All Stars after park closing and that is it. The All Stars have their own dedicated buses and don't always share busses like the bigger moderate resorts. In a very low crowd season like September, I probably wouldn't even put the possibility of occasional bus "sharing" into the equation at All Stars. Just my opinion :-)

Pop is our second choice for best value - super fun!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #1705
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We will just start a part 2....free dining, the sequel.

Soon it will be time for an October/November thread.
This thread is more than FD....it's emotional and informative. No topic not covered....therapy 2013!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #1706
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
And then I saw an ad on my Facebook page that made me perk up & start asking questions to myself. Being the experts that so many of you are, I wanted to ask here as well - the sponsored page was from "VIP Disney" - a UK travel agency. They're advertising "2014 holiday trip with free dining & $200 gift card" and they claim they can get this deal for US residents also. Is this true or a scam?? I can't believe it'd be that easy to get international offers, but I can kinda see how they'd be able to possibly, being that they're the reservation holder, so the address they give to Disney would be in UK?? Im just wondering what the possible risks would be if it turns out to be a legit business.
Even if this UK travel agency could finagle you FD, the UK offers and details are very different and often have much longer resort stay and ticket requirements. And I believe the values don't get any FD offer, mods get quick service.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-08-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #1707
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The phone lines and this entire board will BLOW UP Thursday morning! Pure free dining insanity :-)

And be ready for a lot of repetitive questions ;-)
What....so you and I shouldn't take tomorrow as our day off from the boards?

| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #1708
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

Keep trying for BOG, you might just win the Disney jackpot. Fortunately we did score BOG for last week of Sept. and 4 yr. old DD and I are SUPER excited! Where did you book instead of BOG?

Must do character meal! We have CRT (girls ONLY!) to celebrate DD turning 5. Tusker House to celebrate DS turning 2 and Chef Mickey for good-bye breakfast.
It took me two months but I got it for last week.in august! Keep trying! GL!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1709
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post
It took me two months but I got it for last week.in august! Keep trying! GL!
I do keep trying!! I check online several times a day hoping something will open up!! Thanks for the encouragement though !
Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #1710
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ok, here's our story:
Our family's first WDW trip was Feb. '04.
We stayed at the FW cabins, it was awesome and we knew we'd be back someday.
That May, a live tree limb broke off of a big tree in our yard and hit my then 2.5 yo ds, causing a traumatic brain injury.
I lived with ds in the hospital for 9 weeks as he relearned how to move, talk, walk...everything...while dh and my parents cared for the other kids.
Besides our faith, the thing that got DH and I through is we'd look at each other and say "when this is over...we'll go back to WDW."
Over and over we'd promise each other that.
We tried to book a trip in Feb. '05 but dh's job was shaky and we couldn't.
Months roll by, and something comes out that will make it possible for us to go back...yep, the first time they offered free dining!
We went Aug. '05, and stayed at Pop Century, and when I walked into that lobby, I started crying, because it was SO DISNEY.
And I knew at that moment that everything would be ok, and we'd survived, and we were AT WDW!
DS still had issues, and still does to this day, but on that trip, a year after he was released from the hospital, a year after re-learning to walk, he RAN to hug Woody at a meet and greet.

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?
Crying too. Sorry your family and especially your ds went thru that. Glad things are better!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: