Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

Let me just say that whichever resort you choose, I am jealous!
In all the times we've been to WDW we have yet to stay at an Epcot resort even though it's our FAVORITE area (we typically end up doing a Moderate or a MK resort). Have a great time!!
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

If pools are of no interest, then it's a no-brainer....Boardwalk all the way.
You are closer to both Epcot and HS, and for me, the resort feels much newer and much cleaner than YC. The rooms are so bright and airy, and we've met nothing but exemplary CMs there. Plus, you can always visit, YC, I recommend their Ale and Compass Lounge to unwind in at the end of the day.
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
Couchy
DIS Veteran

I definitely would choose YC/BC over BWI any day of the week. SAB is unbeatable. Movies on the beach at night. Love these 2 resorts.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I definitely would choose YC/BC over BWI any day of the week. SAB is unbeatable. Movies on the beach at night. Love these 2 resorts.
I definitely agree here but then again I may have an issue with "clowns"...just sayin'

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #20
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
The OP is going without children and indicated that the pool is of no interest, so they probably wouldn't take advantage of either of these.

OP - we've stayed at both and it's really a tough call - we loved the BWI for the atmosphere and the resort is really beautiful, however, we didn't care for the restaurants - but that certainly isn't a deal breaker with all of the options within walking distance.

The YC has a more refined feel to it and our favorite restaurant is there, the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I'm trying to think of things that would sway us one way or the other and can't really think of anything - I think the price at YC might be slightly less (when I looked for our time frame this year, it was several dollars cheaper for some reason)

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: