Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #3616
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post

Do you have to pay for the convention center to receive the box if you are staying at the yacht club?
Yes.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 05-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #3617
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
That lady lives for this...........
Like a touchdown with 5 seconds to go in the 4th quarter to her.
And the address for IPO works. Space and all!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #3618
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thread Watch!

Just a heads up- we are speeding towards the magical 250th page of this thread, so I will be starting up a new (but very familiar) version of this forum in a few days. I'll let you know when it is time to check out our new digs.

I'll be away most of tomorrow-helping to run the Staff Appreciation luncheon at the middle school. Still have to make my two contributions- Berry Cole Slaw and Chicken Marsala.

Then towards the end of the week I need to prepare for Ben's birthday party- a Hobbit/Dr. Who themed extravaganza complete with "Geek Salad", Nerds Candy and a Tardis cake.

What do we want?

Time Travel!!!

When do we want it?

Irrelevant!

Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #3619
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Just a heads up- we are speeding towards the magical 250th page of this thread, so I will be starting up a new (but very familiar) version of this forum in a few days. I'll let you know when it is time to check out our new digs.

I'll be away most of tomorrow-helping to run the Staff Appreciation luncheon at the middle school. Still have to make my two contributions- Berry Cole Slaw and Chicken Marsala.

Then towards the end of the week I need to prepare for Ben's birthday party- a Hobbit/Dr. Who themed extravaganza complete with "Geek Salad", Nerds Candy and a Tardis cake.

What do we want?

Time Travel!!!

When do we want it?

Irrelevant!

Lol...post pics of the cake. I have several friends and students who are big Dr. Who fans. I haven't watched since Sarah Jane Smith...
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #3620
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Secret Margaritas could almost make.Maelstrom enjoyable...almost
And the Hall of Presidents

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 05-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #3621
dfarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I have been hard at work today making our tshirts to wear on Thursday. Here is the final product, front and back! I love it! Let my DS5 choose the final design because I couldn't choose just one!!
Adorable! Did I miss how you are making these? BTW, I live down the road from you-just past Thompson's Station!

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #3622
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
And the Hall of Presidents
Trickier to pull off at HoP since MK is mostly dry. Can you get a drink at Gaston's tavern or just BOG?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #3623
dfarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Yes. You just about have to use floats or noodles. Lazy river is quite deep in some sections.
I see where you can rent tubes and buy noodles. Can we bring our own?

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #3624
dfarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Trickier to pull off at HoP since MK is mostly dry. Can you get a drink at Gaston's tavern or just BOG?
We haven't been back since BOG has opened, so I'm not sure. I would love to know!

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #3625
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to give a shout out to the IPO team at the BC/YC. While I normally tend to handle all the planning myself, I found myself having difficulty getting an ADR at O'Hana for our Oct stay. So I decided to call them and see what they could do and lo & behold, I got lucky...something so small made me one happy camper .

Edit: ha...just realized that I just hit my 1,000th post

Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #3626
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just BOG. Regarding the pretend drinks, as much as we love Disney, we have to admit that the frozen butterbeer beats LeFou's brew by a zillion miles. But it's worth running your own taste test for the fun of it!

On another note, I always love our "many uses of refill mugs" chatter.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 05-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #3627
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:

What do we want?

Time Travel!!!

When do we want it?

Irrelevant!

Do you think it would be worth having 2 separate threads, one for specific resort info, and one for friends/chat?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #3628
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
I see where you can rent tubes and buy noodles. Can we bring our own?
You can bring your own noodles to use at SAB but the only tubes allowed are the ones from the resort. Some exceptions for babies/toddlers- floats are permitted as long as a parent is in reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Just wanted to give a shout out to the IPO team at the BC/YC. While I normally tend to handle all the planning myself, I found myself having difficulty getting an ADR at O'Hana for our Oct stay. So I decided to call them and see what they could do and lo & behold, I got lucky...something so small made me one happy camper .

Edit: ha...just realized that I just hit my 1,000th post
Congrats on your reservation and on your 1,000 post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Do you think it would be worth having 2 separate threads, one for specific resort info, and one for friends/chat?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The suggestion has been raised on occasion. I personally am not in favor for several reasons.

1) I have no time to maintain a second thread, or probably even to post to it. If someone else would like to start something up, they are welcome to and I will provide a link.

2) There is some chatter here, but I think a lot of people enjoy reading about their fellow BC/YC enthusiasts and keeping up is what keeps a lot of our veteran posters coming back with their valuable information.

3) Everyone here tries really hard to get answers to the questions that are posted, even with all of the discussion, and I put in a lot of time and effort keeping the first page of this thread updated so that many of the questions people have can be answered easily by checking there instead of having to read every post or using the search feature.

Last edited by natebenma; 05-08-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #3629
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

The suggestion has been raised on occasion. I personally am not in favor for several reasons.

1) I have no time to maintain a second thread, or probably even to post to it. If someone else would like to start something up, they are welcome to and I will provide a link.

2) There is some chatter here, but I think a lot of people enjoy reading about their fellow BC/YC enthusiasts and keeping up is what keeps a lot of our veteran posters coming back with their valuable information.

3) Everyone here tries really hard to get answers to the questions that are posted, even with all of the discussion, and I put in a lot of time and effort keeping the first page of this thread updated so that many of the questions people have can be answered easily by checking there instead of having to read every post or using the search feature.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the "chatter" and look forward to waking up every morning to read this thread!!!! I have learned a ton from y'all

Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #3630
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is a Disney Codes and Rates forum of the DIS- it is a subforum of the Resorts forum. Discount info can often be found there. I have been following the July-August threads posted by Danny25 and black562

There are also travel websites that will send you newsletters or info about upcoming specials when you sign up- Mousesavers is one, and the agency HubbDave mentions in his post is another.

I do know some people who have received discounts on a BC or YC standard view room for travel this summer.

We did for CLSV just last night...when we originally booked we could've gotten a SV room at the 30%. We are going in August.

Keep an eye on the Discount Codes and Rates Forum and try and book soon after they come out.

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: