Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Should I go ahead and change from POP to POR?

We have October reservations for POP Century, mainly because my sister is going and she is on a budget, so we are saving a few hundred at staying at POP instead of our usual POR.

**BUT** the last three years they have offered free dining during that time period - so, financially if they offer FD, it will be the same price to get POR with dining, as it would to stay at POP and upgrade from QS to regular dining..

Should I just go ahead and change to POR or wait? Id hate to wait and there not be any POR rooms left?
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
February 2-7, AoA, Cars Suite
May 23-25 - Sarratoga Springs, Treehouses
June 6-12 Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
*** September 21-28th, POR
*** June 1-5 Disney Dream Cruise, First Cruise!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
MommaBearof4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN
We have October reservations for POP Century, mainly because my sister is going and she is on a budget, so we are saving a few hundred at staying at POP instead of our usual POR.

**BUT** the last three years they have offered free dining during that time period - so, financially if they offer FD, it will be the same price to get POR with dining, as it would to stay at POP and upgrade from QS to regular dining..

Should I just go ahead and change to POR or wait? Id hate to wait and there not be any POR rooms left?
Rumour has it that free dining won't be offered at the value resorts and that only QS will be offered at the moderates.
MommaBearof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBearof4 View Post
Rumour has it that free dining won't be offered at the value resorts and that only QS will be offered at the moderates.
Yes, I've heard this too, which is another reason I'm wondering if I should just swap resorts now.. a little sad, I've always wanted to try out POP. But even with free QS we would save more with the free dining... oh decisions decisions!!
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
February 2-7, AoA, Cars Suite
May 23-25 - Sarratoga Springs, Treehouses
June 6-12 Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
*** September 21-28th, POR
*** June 1-5 Disney Dream Cruise, First Cruise!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN

If there is no availability at por then you won get a discount. They don't apply a discount to your current reservation, they book you one under the discount and then cancel your existing room. They only release a certain number of rooms at the discount and that depends on the availability. So if the resort is near capacity they likely won't offer discounted rooms. You are best to book what you can afford without a discount and then upgrade when discounts come out.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
MommaBearof4
Earning My Ears

Latest rumour, as u have probably heard is free dining starting sept. 2, with QS for values and regular for moderate. Supposed to be available to book May 9. Here's hoping.
MommaBearof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I can't really offer any advice because the Free Dining is very different here in the UK, but I would be very wary of buying into any rumours at this point. There were rumours that the free dining deals in the UK would be different this year and they are exactly the same as they were last year.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Personally speaking here... I booked what I could afford without any discounts (I'm also going in October). I'm hoping for a hefty room discount to upgrade to deluxe, but for now, POR it is... if there's no availability at that time, well, we're still gonna have a GREAT time!

PS- We stayed at POP last year, and it's a great resort! JMO- splurge for perferred rooms...others will disagree with me, but they put us in the 50's building right by the lake. We couldn't have been farther from Classic Hall. Not ideal when you've been walking all day in parks. We didn't really even use our refillable mugs. Other than that--very cute resort. I've been waffling about changing to POP for our October trip.. I'd save about $600.. but DS wants a pool slide

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Deciding between AoA and POR....

this may seem like a silly question but i was wondering if there is a coffee pot in the room @ por riverside, its one of my deciding factors lol
mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
kandb
DIS Veteran

yes, I believe the moderates have coffee in the rooms.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: